No advisor would ever recommend a speculative biotech stock under any circumstances.
We'll know if we have something here well before all the trials are completed.
Not that long. Considering the disease and the mechanism of cure, the trials should go very fast (relatively speaking). This isn't like a cancer drug, or some other treatment where success and failure is difficult to determine. It's a very clear cut issue, infections. They are either killed or not. And the results are very obvious, and fast.
That's kind of my point. If there is a takeover whoever it is will have to pay up in order for it to succeed.
Smart changing your pos. here but you are getting crushed on your CFRX short.
News like we've had here, P1 trial going well and fast track designation should have doubled the stock price. Instead we trade barely 6 figures in volume. Insanity.
If I'm right this tech will be the biggest advance in medical treatment of infections since the antibiotic. The market is immeadsurable for their technology. What the heck is wall street thinking here? Crazy.
You still short CFRX? Or did you get stopped out when it ran up to 5.60 right after you shorted it at 4.89?
Link to where I posted that? I have sold covered calls from time to time to recoup losses, never sold any of the stock.
Why don't you go back to your losing short scalp trades and leave the adults to their business?
Good post I was thinking the same thing. So much for the bs narrative that ACHN will be too late to make any money in HepC.
Nice short moron, current trading over 5.
Btw I didn't start buying ACHN until 11 and have buys in the 6's as well. So get your facts straight. PS ACHN climbing now on good volume.
Good luck with your short. I remember you shorting ACHN and covering higher because you lack conviction in your trades. You'll get shaken out here as well. Enjoy your continued losses.
Sellers exhausted, no buyers to be found. Stalemate for now. Have to wait till the end of the year before we see any action most likely. Although you never know when the FDA could slap a BTD on us. That would be useful.
Did anyone think the Greece situation would end up any other way? I'm sure the markets will sell off tomorrow but you really have to wonder who didn't see this coming.
For a long time I thought this stock was the easiest call ever. Great drug, mega blockbuster potential. But something is really odd here. I have no idea what the problem is. I keep waiting for them to make the announcement that they filed. It still hasn't happened after all of this time.
Yet we have this strong ownership, and the stock continues higher. I've never seen anything like it. The other part of it is the fairly large short interest, and they never seem to cover in any size. Two diametrically opposed points of view, one of them is dead wrong.
Anyway, I am waiting on the sidelines and will be happy to pay a premium after they file. But they have to show me before I buy back in.
No I haven't. But I have watched hundreds of companies before Acadia get an NDA filed in a year or less after trials were completed.