I've been saying all along that the deaths were very obviously not related to Pima and requires disregarding logic and reality to come to any other conclusion.
The federal government is completely out of control and it's not going to be fixed via the vote. Things are going to get really bad, and then get worse. Essentially the country has to collapse before it can be fixed. But unfortunately, we have no idea who will hold power, and who will be making new law after that happens. The progressive left is driving us into the ground. Ironically, it was the result of freedom and capitalism that gave them a voice to begin with. They've never had it so good. And when they succeed in destroying America, and essentially they already have, they will be the ones who will pay the steepest price when a different power fills the void. And it most likely won't be someone sympathetic to their point of view.
and ps what really irritates me is the FDA stopped further P3 trials which could have put those SAE's in a clearer light. So their decision to stop further testing, now may be used to justify a BB. Frustrating to say the least.
Well I do think there is a chance for a clean label, better than 1%, I would guess maybe 20% or so. When you examine the majority of the deaths they don't seem to have anything to do with Pima. And the deaths that did seem related to mental state are not unusual for Parkinson's patients and the causes were all over the map. So to me, you have to make a bit of a leap to think Pima was a root or partial cause of them. Of course I understand the CYA aspect the FDA will likely take, but frankly, Pima seems to be extremely safe.
The float is wholly owned. Price can and will go anywhere, but it won't necessarily be predictive. Expect gamesmanship. I would actually be more concerned with a large upward move before news.
Actually there is no way to price in FDA approval because it is not a given. Granted the vote was 12-2 but the FDA rep was pretty negative during ADCOM. I was surprised by that.
Also we have no way to know the extent or existence of any warnings.
I think if the label is clean we could see a very large move, because I don't think that is expected. Also I think if the label is overly restrictive we could see a large gap down. But a clean label could double the price imo.
So the buyout is in place and once the FDA gives the approval it's a done deal? Is that the theory?
Stock prices go up when the member firms that control order flow increase their bids and asks. It has nothing to do with supply and demand, and this is especially true for stocks that are wholly owned by institutions, such as ACAD.
As an investor or trader, it is not enough to be right. And it is not enough to be right at the right time. You must be right, at the right time, and long when the member firms are ready to move the stock higher.
I direct your attention to the movie "The Big Short" for more information, as to why this is true.
Welcome to Wall St.
No they are advancing to P2 trials. The announcement for that will come in the second half of 2016 according to the company.
I'm actually hoping for $35 so I can sell my current position for just a hair higher than 1M before taxes. ;-)
The article is dated April 1st right after the ADCOM meeting. He is assuming FDA approval. I agree with him. But we still have to wait for the slow grinding gears of the FDA to get around to making the news official.
One of the downsides of owning a stock that is entirely owned by the institutions is the member firms can literally price the stock however they see fit. They control the entire float.
Clearly they want the stock at $33-$34 while we wait for confirmation from the FDA. My advice is to stop watching the stock until after actual FDA approval.
I agree to an extent. But you have to care about May 1st, because approval and a clean label will have a huge impact on the bottom line, short and long term. Lots of warnings or a crl mean a much longer road to higher stock prices. So it does matter.
Like Hillary said, what does it matter now? There is nothing to discuss here anyway until the FDA makes their pronouncement and determines whether I live in Malibu mansion or in a refrigerator box.
That said what do you guys think of CFRX? I am long that one but underwater (as is usually the case with any biotech stock right now).
So all I had to do was threaten harm to my monitor and CFRX is moving higher? You're all welcome!
Sorry for being insulting. We are having two different discussions. I was merely commenting and surprised that the short interest actually was higher after positive ADCOM, with two full days of trading to disseminate the information. Daily short interest will no doubt fluctuate. It's amazing to me that most of that short interest didn't close immediately, but clearly many shorts have doubled down and are riding the bad trade to hell.
You need to go back to school for remedial math. The short interest went up after ADCOM. Stocks prices go up and down independent of the short interest. It doesn't require short interest to go down for a stock price to go up. They are two completely untethered events.
Lot's of gamesmanship will continue, no doubt. Corruption rules the markets and always will. The short side wins by either being correct, or through the sheer force of their capital.