Wed, Oct 1, 2014, 4:42 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 4 hrs 48 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. Message Board

gswkool 54 posts  |  Last Activity: Sep 29, 2014 9:41 PM Member since: Jan 2, 2012
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • gswkool gswkool Sep 29, 2014 9:41 PM Flag

    I'm a shareholder and bullish on PSDV, but I don't think they will get bought out. They are hard to put a value on at this stage. Tethadur is pre-clinical and that is their biggest opportunity. ALIM on the other hand is easier to quantify, as they only have Lluvien. I wouldn't be surprised if they get bought out - from a company with a sales force already in place who can sell Lluvien alongside their other products. They could save on administrative overhead as well as they would already have those personnel in place. Buyout of ALIM by right company would be beneficial for PSDV. that's my view anyway..

  • gswkool gswkool Sep 29, 2014 9:28 PM Flag

    they have a nice pipeline and big pharma partners. I think they are undervalued and bought shares awhile back. it's an interesting company and made a nice addition to my biotech portfolio - it's good to spread out your risk by buying a bunch of biotechs......GLTA

  • Reply to

    Rxi and Geert played it wrong.

    by helpme_hanna Sep 29, 2014 4:16 PM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 29, 2014 9:22 PM Flag

    He's going to another one on Oct 7th. If the stock drops again during or after the presentation I say we buy a muzzle for him to wear.....at least until the 6 month results come out....

  • Reply to

    Upcoming Presentations

    by eddavis2011 Sep 26, 2014 10:21 AM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 29, 2014 9:16 PM Flag

    nice summary but will they be presenting any new data -?

  • The 52 week high is over $5.50 so I would think PSDV shares should be trading at that level at the VERY minimum after the approval. I can't think of any logical explanation other than price manipulation or people questioning sales potential for Lluvien. Sales in EU have been slow and have to be rolled out on country by country basis. US market is as big as all Europe and it may roll out at a quicker pace. We also got the $25M, the positive implications for Medidur, and hopefully good news on Tethadur front going forward. So, -disappointed but not discouraged here. I purchased shares cheaply so still up 100%.....GLTA

  • Reply to

    pSivida Longs.......What A Road Huh? Congrats

    by mickmack50 Sep 26, 2014 3:50 PM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 28, 2014 10:11 AM Flag

    thank you for the response -i saw it posted in one of my brokerages...happy days are here again...

  • Reply to

    Time To Rethink Our Valuation

    by mickmack50 Sep 27, 2014 8:54 PM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 28, 2014 10:03 AM Flag

    PSDV is my largest holding and I already had a nice profit, so I am an extremely happy camper right now. With Monday's open, it wlll stand out even more. With that said, I think $200M is fair at this time. With more news, esp on Tethadur, and buildout of its pipeline, it goes higher. From my standpoint, I hope the market does not recognize the potential and I don't want a buyout. Not at this very early time. I've learned over the years to reward the companies that have produced for me with more purchases, and sell shares of those that don't. So I hope the price stays low enough for me to continue additional purchases........

  • Reply to

    pSivida Longs.......What A Road Huh? Congrats

    by mickmack50 Sep 26, 2014 3:50 PM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 26, 2014 4:09 PM Flag

    Mick, I can't find the approval news -all I see is the halt? Where is everyone seeing news of approval????

  • Reply to

    which would you buy? PSDV or ALIM?

    by nowagron Sep 24, 2014 12:12 PM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 25, 2014 8:18 AM Flag

    imho, if you're not a shareholder of either -you can either play options market with alim, or wait for a decision. there will be more clarity after a decision, not before. if approved, you will pay higher price -but it is very risky to buy before pdufa....

  • Reply to

    Buying opportunity.....no doubt.

    by i1again03 Sep 18, 2014 9:18 AM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 23, 2014 10:06 PM Flag

    it hardly dropped when talk of hold was initially announced. I was surpised by that. Took the opportunity to sell my shares. I don't know what the outcome will be -but what is the purpose of holding onto the shares and taking on that risk if you can get out cheaply? If the hold is lifted, the stock will bounce back to previous levels. If the hold becomes a serious issue, the stock will crater. So, I am glad to get out cheaply and be waiting on sidelines. When the dust clears I will buy my sharees back. Even if I pay a little more for them, I'm good with that....GLTA

  • Reply to

    Is Approval Baked In??

    by rootbound43 Sep 22, 2014 7:01 PM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 22, 2014 7:14 PM Flag

    if it's approved the price will rally. if it's denied, the price will fall. I think we've found our equilibrium price btw. positive and negative setiments.....at this point, why bother to guess...just sit back and wait....

  • Reply to

    FDA approval

    by gametheorynow Sep 19, 2014 3:09 PM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 21, 2014 9:32 AM Flag

    If you don't already have substantial profits to protect in PSDV, options are a smart way to play it. Anyone can guess what FDA will do - no one knows what they will decide. I wouldn't know what odds to put on it - . Last time i looked at options they were expensive, so I opted not to protect my position. And then they got denied. It tanked. Then it came back some after FDA agreed to review again for a more limited subset of population i.e. those unresponsive to other treatments. Just wondering what you paid for the options?

  • Reply to

    Any Guesses to whas going on?

    by aussiefrank55 Sep 15, 2014 5:04 PM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 15, 2014 7:48 PM Flag

    If it was a done deal then wouldn't you expect it to be baked into the share price? If that were the case, the shares will really crater if it's rejected. Personally, I don't think that. The FDA will deliberate the benefits of Lluvien for the sub-pop of patients that do not sufficiently respond to other treatments. If there is enough of a clinical benefit, it will be approved. As for the FDA's behavior, you can see by your own description of events how "fickle" they are. So I just try to mentally prepare myself as best as I can for the outcome by not over thinking things. Just gotta sit back and let it happen......

  • Reply to

    Any Guesses to whas going on?

    by aussiefrank55 Sep 15, 2014 5:04 PM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 15, 2014 5:23 PM Flag

    I go by my gut with my investments and right now I'm kind of queasy. If it was a done deal they would have approved it already. My gut says deliberations will commence on the 26th.....I don't know what the outcome will be...I won't even put odds on it....who knows what or how the FDA thinks any more...it's a crapshoot....

  • Reply to

    Shorts Trying To Rock The Boat

    by mickmack50 Sep 15, 2014 9:48 AM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 15, 2014 11:45 AM Flag

    "ILUVIEN, our lead licensed product, is an injectable, sustained-release micro-insert that provides treatment over a period of up to three years of vision impairment associated with chronic DME. ILUVIEN is licensed to Alimera, and we are entitled to 20% of the net profits (as defined) from Alimera's sales of ILUVIEN measured on a quarter-by-quarter and country-by-country basis. Alimera may recover 20% of previously incurred and unapplied net losses (as defined) for commercialization of each product in a country, but only by an offset of up to 4% of the net profits earned in that country each quarter, reducing the Company's net profit share to 16% in each country until those net losses are recouped." - It's complicated -seems like you're right - but ALIM still needs to make a profit "as defined" in a given country before PSDV gets a cut....

  • Reply to

    Shorts Trying To Rock The Boat

    by mickmack50 Sep 15, 2014 9:48 AM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 15, 2014 11:30 AM Flag

    that was not my understanding -perhaps someone else could weigh in on this. I was pretty sure that wasn't the fact...

  • Reply to

    Shorts Trying To Rock The Boat

    by mickmack50 Sep 15, 2014 9:48 AM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 15, 2014 10:16 AM Flag

    there is no revenue stream coming to psdv until alim recoups costs on a country by country basis. it could be some time before they get any money out of EU for Lluvien. On other hand, US is big market - the size of all Europe - so they will get $ from US before they get anything out of EU {upon approval - my guess, anyway}. PSDV will drop under $4 without US approval - no doubt in my mind. The negative price action could just be jitters. People burned before. Or it could mean someone knows something....I hate this......

  • gswkool gswkool Sep 13, 2014 12:39 PM Flag

    Thank you all for your responses. Appreciate the explanations -they were interesting reads. Still holding my shares and patient. .......GLTA

  • gswkool gswkool Sep 12, 2014 6:12 PM Flag

    It's nice that you are getting a response. I would have asked them why they think it turned out that applying their drug later rather than earlier produced better results. That makes no sense to me and throws up a red flag. Perhaps there is an explanation - other than that the drug had no real effect - I'd like to hear it if there is one. ..............

  • Reply to

    September 26 FDA decision

    by sbwill13 Sep 10, 2014 9:13 PM
    gswkool gswkool Sep 12, 2014 12:58 PM Flag

    Looks like there will not be a run-up in the stock price prior to FDA decision - I guess too many have been burnt and sentiment concerning approval may actually be neutral to negative {not that it has any bearing on FDA decision} ......GLTA

NVIV
0.555-0.035(-5.93%)Sep 30 3:35 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.