The 4th one...the market is irrational. Look at Netflix, Amazon or Tesla. I guarantee I will make a ton of money on Yahoo. Well, technically I already have but I hope to make more.
Pebble, the tax problems only come into play for a company looking to sell off the parts. I think there are plenty of companies which may want to own the sum of the parts.
If they were going to wait for Spinco, then they'd do everything in their power to bring their own stock down to get a discount. They also risk having another company step in earlier with a buyout offer prior to the spinoff. I'm not saying your scenario won't happen, but I doubt Baba execs are sitting around waiting for Spinco only. They might as well take the whole company and have a gateway to the American market.
After selling my shares at 46.09 about a month ago, I was looking to buy them back under 42.00. I missed my shot in early May, but ended up buying back 830 shares today at 42.30. I didn't get them under 42.00 but I feel comfortable with this purchase. The downside is YHOO now represents about 50% of my portfolio which is a little unsettling.
For the record, the MOS divy increase was announced on 3/31/15. They just reiterated it in the share repurchase announcement as the divy payment date was officially declared. Plus, I'm sure they wanted the headline to look better.
$500M should buy roughly 10M shares. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but we originally thought the company was going to buy all 129M Cargill Trust shares. As far as I know, they only bought 1/3 of those.
Some of us were expecting an announcement of a share repurchase of the 2nd tranche of Cargill Trust shares last November, but there was no announcement. $1.5B is less than expected, but it should still buy a decent number of shares. New CEO, slightly increased dividend, share repurchase, declining dollar, higher potash pricing deal with India...things are looking better for this stagnant stock. Let's not forget that a buyout isn't out of the question. I still think Berkshire is the most plausible buyer right now. Anything less than a 3% increase in stock price tomorrow would prompt me to double my holdings.
It's ok hoss, I might consider renting that lost property back to you one day. Until then, keep renting that 500 sq ft studio in the ghetto big guy. Next time I suggest you apply yourself. You may not be foreclosed on so quickly. #yourlossismygain
You never said you did any of that. You said you shorted 3000 shares 10 years ago and you are short 60 shares today after the 1:50 reverse split. This implies you held one short for 10 years. No one believes you did this or that you made a bunch of round trip shorts in the last 10 years. You're just making this junk up because your loser "family member" lost his house due to foreclosure. Here's a tip for you and your "family member", make your mortgage payments on time or you will lose your house. It's a simple concept lost on so many these days. Now go get your shinebox son.
I'm with you. I'm long but wouldn't mind seeing a miss. I have cash waiting to purchase under 42.