Not saying a whole heck of a lot, is it. I keep telling myself to get out when it gets back to $44 or so, and then I get greedy. Next time I WILL pull the plug. I've been in this one FAR too long. Since before 2000, I know that.
Won't be after this miss of consensus, as today's awful drop proves. What a mess. Perhaps it's time to leave George and buddies, d'ya think?
Mine is forever, as long as it doesn't start trending down...then I'll have to leave it again. I've bought and sold this issue three times before this, once at a loss even.
I'm aware they do nothing for the company EXCEPT make it more attractive for the smaller investor of which there are a great deal in this country and in this market now that interest rates have fallen through the floor. I've not yet held a decent company, and JNJ classifies as that, that hasn't gone right back up to the pre-split price, which makes it better for all of the pre-split holders...like us.
I surely hoped so. I waited quite some time for CVTI to get back up to what I paid for it, and I'd not like to see it go back down under what I paid for it again!
I've only had one call. I told them I'd voted for the opposition, and against the company. They wanted to try to talk me into changing my vote and I declined to hear them out. I told them how long I'd held the issue and was still under water, so I didn't feel that Legg, Mason was doing such a bang up job. Thus, the fund should, in my opinion, should be closed and liquidated at NAV. I'd still lose money, but perhaps less that I would if they kept running it into the ground.
I've had no more calls.
If BTI were to buy the merged corporation, would both of you hold or would you sell 1) before the sale or 2) after the sale. And...why?
My middle name isn't "Patience", either. I wish it would get over with. There was an article today that said it "wasn't if, but when". Well, I wish "when" would get here and get this over with.
I rather liked the idea of their closing the fund at NAV. I'd still be under water, but not as much as I am now and have been ever since I bought this issue.
That's the only place where I any longer have spare money after having picked up what I hope to be some good (great?) buys.
But, since EMES is an MLP, I'm hesitant to put it into the IRA due to the possibility of UBIT.. Do any of you happen to know whether or not you had any figures in your 20V box of the K-1 you got this year? Yes, I realize that my figures wouldn't be what yours were, but it will give me somewhat of an idea.
Thank you in advance for your help...before EMES goes much higher!