Looks like they're going to be operating this one themselves until they are able to lease it. Short term expense with benefits in the future. That's why we didn't pop on the news. Liked the ACI/DSI update. Going to likely see a continued increase in sales there with the real uptick starting in 12-18 months
My problem is that I've spent half of my working life at the same company and didn't really earn all that much money prior to that, so I don't have a lot in my IRAs (prior 401k plan rollovers) and the vast majority of my current 401k is locked up until I leave. Otherwise, I would have done much of this in a retirement account. Believe me...having a lot of imbedded cap gains (especially with the new tax on cap gains) makes me think about every sell.
I was doing that when we kept dropping into the 30s. Now i have a big problem. I have a lot of Jan $25 calls and don't have the money to exercise all of them. I can roll them into April but more likely will sell some of them in order to exercise the rest....but either of the latter choices will result in a tax bill.
Doesn't look like any support above $50, but I really don't see us dropping as far down as $45. I feel like with each plant sale comes a support level based more on expected earnings rather than trading patterns. Guess I'm more of a fundamentalist than a chartist.
So back in June they were 'looking' at sites in Oklahoma. Now, SIX months later they've accomplished nothing except to say they're NOW 'looking' at sites in Texas. Wow...does anyone actually do any work at this company? I swear, if I didn't have this comedy relief, I don't know what I'd do. It's hysterical actually.
Over the last week to 10 days the chart looked to be rounding off at the top. Now we have some legitimate downside risk. That plus a weaker December market won't likely get us to $60+ by the end of the year. But as MD said in his last post...still has been a good year.
You're too nervous to be this invested in a stock like this. You bought at hights...sold at lows and even though you still have shares, you messed up this trade.
I have no position - I bought at $.73 and sold a few days ago at $1.60. I'm like many who are waiting for a pullback to get back in, if at all. And while you'll never get in at the bottom and sell at the top, you gotta push emotions aside as best you can as you'll end up on the losing end more times than not.
the obvious mistake was your subsequent purchases. you bought in at such tight increments. if you were looking to build a position, then i get that (though you've now been scared out of that position)...but if you were looking to average down, you easily should have waited for larger drops to buy more shares
I see how you're arriving at your result, but that's not where I am going.
Try this simple equation:
If the stock was at $.72 last Monday and finished at $2.10 on Friday, that's a 190% gain
Now look at the increase as a result of today's close from $.72 to $1.70 (1.70-.72) = $.98 gain - - - .98/.72 = 1.36 - - a gain of 136% - so the difference between the two (190%-136%) = 54%...which is how much of the gain was lost today.
But the 18% dip today took away 53% of that gain...so you're only up 137% from last Monday now, rather than 190%. Hurts more on the way down.
I get that.
Endless run-ups scare me. I personally don’t get how on one day the market values a company at X and then 3 weeks later with no relevant news, it’s now valued at 2x. I also believe that if the end target price for this is $150, then near term the target is something less than that…perhaps 70? 80? When we are at $35, there’s greater upside than downside so it’s a hold. When we’re at $60, the risk/reward relationship becomes less compelling.
Second, the overall market is way ahead of itself and at risk of overheating. I want to build some dry powder in the event we have a correction.
The last and most important point (at least for me) is that the more we go up, the more this one position becomes an inordinately lopsided majority of my portfolio. Therefore, there’s nothing wrong with lightening up. (and I’m not even doing that….just writing options which puts me in a position where I might need to sell). I would much rather look back and say ‘wow, I made a lot of money, but I could have made more’, than ‘wow, I was up a lot of money and lost it because I didn’t take anything off the table’.
If you tell me this stock (or any stock for that matter) has no risk, I’ll tell you I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
I’m enjoying the opinions and the banter. It’s healthy. And in the end, this was a good decision for me.
Hope you enjoyed the holiday.
Showing a gain of 1500%. Pretty sweet. We're also likely a top performer in the Nasdaq for 2013. I've been trying to resurrect our "Countdown to $100", but it gets lost in the 'old post' archives.
True, but much of that has to be priced in. We're up almost 20 points in just a few weeks. I would attribute earnings to some of that. I am surprised at the reaction to the stock offering. Confirmation of another RC sale would be good, but not sure it'd deserve another 5-10 points. So I think we're in the final innings of the run-up. Even still, it's only a modest percentage of my position AND I have another $5 of upside (in 8 weeks) before I've made the wrong decision.
If we're at $100 at the end of January, I promise I won't be complaining.
Dangerous to call tops just as it is to call bottoms, but we've gotten a little ahead of ourselves here...so I'm looking to monetize the wait until the next leg up. Nothing too crazy. Been forced to cover many times in the past as we've rocketed past the strike price. But we shall see. Only went out to Jan.
Sold my remaining puts today...over 100% return on those. This stock is garbage...but if the boiler room pinheads want to try and get it back over $3...I'll be sure to repeat this process.
I'm out now...thanks for the money!!