You really think it is likely to be gone within two years? Solar is still in its infancy in the US and the market potential is simply massive. I have a hard time seeing how mgmt could be so bad to screw up such a good thing.
General market selloff and irrational fears have this at this 52wk low. Can't help but jump in here, added 50% more to my now huge position (originally bought recently at 1.48).
Just added 50% more to my position at 1.15. I doubt this is going BK any time soon as solar is still in its infancy in the US and headed way up. Stock will likely look pretty cheap here in the coming months.
So you're saying if you enter a market order and it does not go through, you shouldn't be able to cancel it? It did not go through for 15+ minutes. Why can't it be cancelled in that time?
Thanks. Yeah I had TD Ameritrade back when it known as "Datek" around 1997-2000~ before it merged with Ameritrade!
Yeah, if I had the balls I would have gone all in at the close yesterday and doubled my money. I thought it might bounce up in the short term as much as 100% on short covering etc. Sadly I lost my nerve after the massive loss yesterday and didn't do it. First time stuck holding a co that goes bk in 17 years doing this..
Yeah I just saw that too. Hundreds of thousands worth sold in just the week or two leading up to the 9/9 i6 announcement non-sapphire revelation. Criminals.
25% is low for me. But yeah, you're right, it is high. And this is a big wake up call. See my replies below and above. Market order was entered while stock was halted.
No. Sorry for not being more clear. It was a market order entered while the stock was halted. It did not go through until 10 or 15 minutes later when the halt ended. During that time I saw the BK news and decided to wait and sell later at probably a higher price than the immediate opening price. This proved correct as it went up to 1.70 or so later. Ironically I literally never use market orders as a rule. I tried a market order this one time because the bid still showed up so I put in the order on the off chance it would still sell at that bid price. If not I intended on canceling it and waiting and see.
If it ever does emerge it won't be in the form of "GTAT" that we traded up until now. It will be a new IPO like what happened to GM. Any "GTAT" will be worth nothing.
Because that's what happens when companies go BK in almost all cases. Already been dumped from indexes and funds. Soon from NASD.
Obviously not. I'll pretend you're serious for a second. I was forced to sell it all at 0.96 after the halt ended yesterday morning. Scottrade wouldn't let me change my order after I put it in, or I would have sold at 1.50 instead.
Yeah. 17 years doing this and never got stuck with a BK til now. You're right, 25% is high. But I've traded with much higher amounts at times. This is relatively low for me. I'm actually quite lucky. OTOH I was also short GTAT just recently as well.. could have been on that side of the trade just as likely over the weekend.