Sentiment has been soooo bearish! oversold on so many levels. The proverbial baby has been thrown out with the bath water. All the gene's who have sold short at this level or really sub 9 are meat... toasted next week. I think BBRY will get sole for $5.2-6.5B. But, my thoughts aside, lets see what the market thinks next week.
I suspect that we will see at least Lenovo or another major tech firm enters the picture on Monday. If Cerberus and QCOM are interested some of the other usual suspects could very well be close as well.
Who else is going to come out of the woodwork for Mondays bids
Big money on the short side has already been made...BBRY will get scooped up in the $5.8-7B range
looking forward to seeing how this plays out
Sentiment is at extreme lows.... everyday schulze delays he get the opportunity to buy this juggernaut back at a cheaper price... by late december we are probably going to be mid-single digits. On the other hand... Q3 earnings have got to be baked into the stock by this point. If things are less negative tomorrow i think we see a squeeze. If not, all bets are off and we head lower in a hurry. Ultimately, schulze will buy the company but i'd like to see $20 rather than $12 offer
Bottom line, an LBO gets done in the low 20's. An offer of $22 puts the stock at $20 in the open market for a $2 deal spread. I think thats a fair deal at this point and meets expectations.
Either a massive value trap or an unbelievable opportunity to buy the largest electronics retailer in the world. Seems like the market has completely discounted the chance of an LBO. Its time for Joly to lay out a clear plan to turnaround this behemoth. Lets slash G&A expenses, fire, rehire, properly train and incentivise floor staff, compete head to head with online retailers on price, and provide customers with the instant gratification they desire! We could go lower but at this point i think the baby has been thrown out with the bath water.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Maybe a consortium of PE firms and Alibaba
Playing MON with a long straddle...Long the May $75 Call and the May 70 put. If you look at the earnings history we often see moves of plus $8-12 in 30-45 day period following earnings announcements... totally agnostic here. I's like to see a blow out though as a 2nd derivative play on my other ag holdings
NASDAQ will submit a bid in an attempt to go hostile but DB will eventually win the bidding war and acquire NYSE albeit at a much higher price... excellent risk reward in the near term
The NYSE should remain a US institution and I imagine Timmy G and the regulators would look at it that way as well behind closed doors...
the current bid is $39/share by Deutsche Borse... the spread between nyx current level and the deal price represents the deal risk. A hostile bid would have to be in significant excess of the current bid