I don't think it matters too much. The bashers and wise guys might chase away a few small investors. And the positive and serious posts might occasionally result in buying. I think, however, that most would-be-buyers pretty much know the situation independently of this message board. They are just waiting and biding their time.
Here's what will really make a difference, imo: Geert's personal work with the pharma industry and big investors behind the scenes, bolstered by positive clinical results. The Avis and Mckiddies of the world are irrelevant.
In any case, with such potential and a realistic chance of success, we are way undervalued. It certainly should be worth the risk for big investors and/ or big pharma to take a flyer.
The naysayers, bashers and others regularly ignore the potential of rxii. If we make it to market, the results would be spectacular. Will we make it? I would say that it is fifty-fifty or better that we do.
If rxii makes it to market with even one of the following, it will result in $1 billion per year in revenue and a $5 billion dollar market cap:
Anti-hypertrophic and/or keloids; anti-retinal and/or corneal scarring; anti-hair loss and/or warts with Samcyprone; anti-any form of melanoma; anti-age spots and/or excessive pigmentation.
I doubt that the company will actually make it to market in five years but that would not matter so much if we get high confirmation in the meantime,
No. The directors own almost no stock. Two of them did pony up $14,000 each and bought into the recent secondary at .40. Other than that, nada.
One of my biggest reasons for caution here is the absolute lack of support by the directors and by the managers, except that Geert owns a modest amount.
If they don't want it, should we?
Having said that, I do think it is pretty safe here. I might be wrong.
That's why people won't buy here. We need a lot more buying pressure to avoid such shenanigans.
I think the market makers are about the only traders in this stock right now. Longs are staying put here, would-be longs are waiting to see, and shorts are content to wait also. Market makers are just trading with each other and will hold it here until they get a sense of the street sentiment on this stock.
I won't buy now and neither will I sell. If we get bad news, I'm out as fast as I can. If we get good news, I'm in for a lot more.
The price is way too low. At a $40 million market cap (fully diluted) it is just too juicy of a target. sd-rxrnai has shown itself able to transect target cells and to effect some changes but has not yet been shown itself to effective enough to be commercially viable. Samcyprone is known to be effective and has a huge target market.
The above should and will be way more than enough to entice a big pharma to take a flyer. The risk of losing $40 million is nothing compared to the reasonable hope of big break throughs and rich rewards, in my opinion. Would the purchase if Rxi Pharna be risky for, say, Novartis? Sure. Is the risk reward ratio suitable for Novartis, and the kind of thing it goes for all the time? You bet.
I see you are posting on lots of boards that you owned shares in the stocks dealt with on those boards and invested the proceeds in OPK. That's kind of silly, don't you think? People can see you doing that and just think you are a non-truth-teller and an idiot.
I don't believe you ever owned rxii. This was your first post here. You really should pump OPK on the OPK board.
P.S. I believe that the risk/reward ratio favors rxii over OPK at this point.
When is first annual licensing fee due?
I just do not believe that there is more than a token up-front licensing or other payment that was received from Mirlmmune, if that. Clearly, if the deal brought with it anything more than a token up front payment, we would know it, the company would have told us.
Furthermore, it is not clear just who Mirlmmune is and what its resources are. It is a private company that might have very limited funds and personnel to utilize the license anyway. I was more disappointed than excited with that deal. How much of the cancer market did Mirlmmune receive as an investigatory licensee? Has much of the potential cancer market already been licensed to Mirlmmune? If so, why? When, if ever, can we realistic expect milestone payments?
Face it, the Mirlmmune deal tells us almost nothing, either about who they are or about the deal.
"Also, were the details of the MirImmune deal disclosed, such as the precise amount of payments?"
No. Nor is it clear that MIrlmmune has to pay a license fee anytime soon. I like biotechpicklist. He is very good on the clinical and other technical matters. He understands biotech and can analyze the science well. On financial matters, not so much.
I couldn't agree more that the only deals now that have any relevance are those with up front money.
Why do you say that tene's head is in the sand? He is just reporting facts about dosage and frequency of treatment. He also just reported on what Geert said. Maybe Geert was right.
One can be optimistic and think that things will turn out well; or, one can be pessimistic about the clinical trials. tene is an optimist. You appear to be a pessimist. That does not warrant the conclusion that tene has his head in the sand.
Time will tell.
The IND for retinal scarring would bring in lots of money from licensing--or result in a buyout fairly soon. That is the hope and, I imagine, the expectation of Geert. I am optimistic that the IND will pass regulatory muster and will get filed soon; however, neither the investing public nor I think that is a lead pipe cinch to happen.
Well, rmsacc, I just don't think the company can last too much longer without some significant clinical successes. Patents mean something only if it works. It is the clinical verification that is needed. If the company languishes another year or more--or probably even another six or seven months--it will be in dire financial straits. It will be at best able to get through p2 for enhanced dermal scarring. There will not be money for any optical, non-scarring dermal or anything else. Pavco and the advisers will start leaving for more immediate, financially sound pastures and work will grind to a halt.
I just do not share your blissful assumptions that there is no rush to prove anything. We do need some more evidence of efficacy (we have very little now) soon in order to keep the doors open.
I might be wrong. I hope I am wrong. I don't think I am.
Not to be too cynical, rmsacc, but the fact that four insiders other than Geert bought into the secondary tells us very little. Two of the buys, by uber rich directors, were for 37,000 shares, or $14,000 and two (including Pavco, the head of clinical operations) were for 12,000 shares, or $4800. Those paltry amounts do not show me anything, other than possibly embarrassment at having not supported the company at all previously.
There is no reason to expect good things based on insiders other than Geert.
The money in the kitty is not so much. The price is too low currently to again go to the well for an infusion of equity capital. There has been no fundamental news in a very long time.
Unless we get some some positive motivating news soon, I think we are in trouble. I might be wrong. We might be able to go for several more months with no catalysts announced and still get a good deal or two or even a buyout. Unfortunately, things don't usually work that way. When the cupboard is almost bare, few white knights come riding in with anything but crumbs.
In my humble opinion, Rxi needs to show its fundamental strength very soon or it will die on the vine. I am NOT saying that positive motivating news will not appear soon; I am just saying that it dang well better appear soon.
I think they might, and it might not pertain just to market shenanigans. We should get a better idea in two weeks when Rxi holds a conference call. In the meantime, the doubters are in charge of the price.
"But had these forces themselves been neutral, up volume could have produced a 2-3 cent increase for the day."
Had the dog not stopped to relieve himself, he would have caught the rabbit.