Usually when companies raise companies they dilute. Right? Wow - Remark now has all of 13.5M shares outstanding. Can you point us to (m)any small caps that raise capital (2 sources of which were new funds Benchmark and Maxim) w/o any warrants? This is another indicator that should tell you something .... 13.5M share out is nothing.
Very good quality raise. Increases visibility given Maxim and Benchmark new.
Users will be able to use KanKan to discover and buy their favorite products. Their proprietary categorizing solutions identify product brands in images, and can promote purchases from the photos. They currently have the top 600 brands and their products identified. It will be possible to discover, look, and buy what your favorite celebrities or influencers are wearing or using. Advertisers will be able tap into their warehouse of data and predictive analytics not available on any other social media platform today. Add to that sources for trending topics, deep learning, and location based services, and advertising becomes more granular and accurate.
I got to spend a little hands on time with the app and must say I am impressed. Expect more information on Project KanKan as it is released throughout the launch process.
What makes KanKan different? Well for starters it links all your current social media platforms to help keep you connected and enhance the platforms. Plus users can access social media posts from networks whether they have individual accounts on that network or not. With one click users can share, like, or comment to any social platform. I have to admit it gets tedious having to check all the feeds from my individual accounts.
KanKan is a platform to find friends and connect. Things are taken to the next level with map-based social posts related to location, relevancy, preference, and even time. The platform is all about discovery and matches content to each user’s specific interests. One of the coolest features is something I describe as the “field of view”. Users can point their phones at a specific location, or in a general direction, and discover friends based on shared locations. KanKan users can not only see friends nearby, but those who may be in the area in the future (e.g. visiting Los Angeles for a concert). New features allow users to discover friends based on mutual interests as well.
I was on that con call also. Accurately reported by invest1136
pretty obvious I would say. Some think little of GrooveVC. Let's see if they are right in that a deal is coming. Stock action supports their position
1) If the Kai-Shing Tao Toilet stops flushing (ie his parent's take his check book away), Remark Media will go BK in a Las Vegas minute RESPONSE: I DIDN’T KNOW SHING’S PARENTS WERE GORDY CRAWFORD, ASHFORD CAPITAL, GOLDMAN SACHS, CITIGROUP GLOBAL MARKETS, JANNEY MONTGOMERY, LET ALONE DIGIPAC (yes yes Shing is a member of Digipac – several others)
2) Unique back button IP irrelevant to Value. RESPONSE: EXECUTION WILL TAKE CARE OF VALUE. IP PROTECTS SUCH
3) No, all travel business models work exactly like this. Hotels get the Revenue, Travel Site gets the Commission RESPONSE: YOU ARE WRONG. EXPEDIA AND PRICELINE GET TOP LINE REVENUE AND PAY BACK HOTELS. DON’T GUESS - DYODD. SAME APPLIES TO HOTELSTONIGHT. ROOMLIA ONLY ONE OF THESE GROUPS WHERE HOTELS GET ALL THE TOP LINE REVENUE
4) Being independent is irrelevant here. In fact, its actually a disadvantage as all these sites get discounts based on Volume. RESPONSE: I AGREE IN THAT ROOMLIA NEEDS TO INCREASE ITS FOOTPRINT. LIKE I SAID IT WOULD BE SHOCKING IF DISTRIBUTION DEALS ARE NOT BEING DISCUSSED. ONE TO WATCH.
5) No, companies like this compete on marketing spend. RESPONSE: I AM EXPECTIGN DISTRIBUTION DEALS. WE ALL KNOW THE LIKES OF GOOGLE AND SEVERAL OTHERS ARE KEEN ON THE HOTEL SPACE. EXPEDIA OUT BID GOOGLE FOR ORBITZ.
6) There was a public market valuation last year. $36 Million RESPONSE: YOU ARE WRONG. LET’S WAIT AND SEE AS STATED PRIOR.
6b) Quoting GrooveVC is like quoting PennystockWeekly or Bernie Madoff. RESPONSE: THAT’S A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE. THEY HAVE THEIR EAR TO THE INVESTMENT GROUND. LET’S SEE
1) Remark will never go BK. You know that.
2) Roomlia has unique back button IP. You should try it. Patented/protected etc.
3) Roomlia's business model is they get paid royalty from hotels. Hotel's get the gross revenue. All other significant players do it the other way. Which do you think is more appealing to hotels?
4) Roomlia - while still very early very few independents that compete.
5) Roomlia - one has to expect distribution deals. Right?
6) Sharecare - take a back seat, have a beer and let's see its valuation when such valuation becomes apparent and public.
6) GrooveVC today issued an updated stating the company is raising money. Little surprise. Let's see outcome.
FWIW I am buying a little more every day
post removed. Weird. Roomlia is a cool app and one that I have now used on a few occasions. Interestingly it appears the competitive landscape is somewhat limited from perspective of ownership. Expedia owns many properties - latest was acquisition of Orbitz. Priceline is the other big player. Re hotels it looks like hotelstonight and Roomlia are the only decent ones out there that are independent of the big boys.
The company has never concluded a "very dilutive" raise thus far. All of 12.54 millions shares outstanding. You think they will start now ?
indeed most impressive. Clearly way more than "just another app" . The Kankan deck on the website is awesome. At launch they have 300M users. So what, they get 600 million users within 6 months of launch? If you look at the networks they aggregate in China and hr use cases for Kankan it seems more than plausbile
Calling me a twit may make you feel better. Good for you. The $120M number? I made that up? really? google mobi health news sharecare Feingold. At the end of the article they have an update section. It states Sharecare has raised more than $120M. Perhaps they are twits also ? Perhaps they are "just making it up" ?
I think we have proven that I did not make the $120M number up. Not my style JF.
Have a smashing weekend
To date, Sharecare has raised more than $120 million. In September 2013 the company announced they had raised $91 million since launching, and last month, Sharecare received an additional investment from Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), a company that manages 164 hospitals and 114 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England.
Atlanta-based Sharecare will add 150 jobs and expand into new digs as the health information startup preps for growth.
Sharecare will lease 30,000 square feet in the Capital Building near Buckhead Atlanta, a recently opened mixed-use development. The company, which employs 700, will relocate from Terminus 100.
Sharecare will have its name on the 66,500 square foot building, best known as the home of The Capital Grille restaurant.
Sharecare acquires voice, text analysis company Feingold Technologies
Atlanta-based Sharecare, the health and wellness engagement platform founded by WebMD founder Jeff Arnold and television personality Dr. Mehmet Oz, has acquired Germany-based Feingold Technologies, a company that offers software that analyzes human behaviors.
The financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Feingold Technologiesclosed an undisclosed Series A round in October 2014 led by Thomas Putter, the founder of Ancora Finance Group.
“As part of our strategy to create the comprehensive health profile for every consumer regardless of where they are on their health journey, it is critical we find new ways to help people be mindful of their health every day without disrupting their daily routine,” Arnold said in a statement. “With more mobile phones on the planet than people, we believe strongly that harnessing the power of the phone is critical to achieving this, and Feingold Technologies’ advanced voice and text analysis, correlated with data from various mobile sensors, introduces a whole new level of possibilities.”
Feingold has developed technology that aims to understand human behavior, mindsets, and emotional states. The company has discovered a series of patterns in voice and text communications that correlate to certain emotional expressions, Feingold explains. Based on this research, Feingold created a “framework” to help consumers understand their mindset so that they can reduce stress, refocus, and improve their personal relationships and productivity.
Many larger companies in the logistics, pharmaceutical, and financial industries, including DHL, Merck (MSD), and Boehringer Ingelheim are using Feingold’s business apps, iCoach and StressControl.
JF - Remark will not run out of money. Ever.
1. Very small shares out. Very small float
2. Leadserhip very careful of unecessary dilution
3. Manages cash carefully
4. They will, IMO, likely raise a good amount of money and not necesarily from any further dilution