Do not exactly understand your post, but the sale or distribution of MLPs from an IRA does constitute a recapture for the purposes of UBTI. This issue is very complex and not well understood, but shows another reason to hold either very small amounts of MLPs inside an IRA of any flavor. The notices regarding the KMI rollup are correct and they are only going to increase when the IRS gets increased information from the companies and can match broker and MLP data to determine actual correct numbers on a sale inside an IRA.
My DW suggested that in your case the accounts were incorrectly reported by your custodian as not being in an IRA. This would cause the problem you mention and the fix is simple. Just call the custodian and tell THEM to fix their mistake. If it is the IRS's error then simply send a copy of a statement.
Who did not like ARBs post? When the quotes are driectly from the industry . . . .how can that not be appreciated? Is it because he did not say that jimbob was correct in that it is often put into rail cars that carried heavy oil East to be used as a dilutent and also clean the inside of the cars?
Get a life. BWP got caught in a bad situation when production and demand moved to where their pipes were in the wrong place. management elected to do correct thing and cut payout to where everything can be paid out of cash flow, If you are so smart, why do you still hold BWP?
jkpc - When you reach out to IR and ask them to call you back is it not possible for them to make the call? Absolutely BS for no call back when they have no idea of your question. Mine was a clarification on previously completed wells. Nothing new, nothing in negotiation. Had broker with MS that has clients with some $2B in energy stocks. They got no further!
Then hope those involved eventually are investigated , arrested and go to jail.
A question - how do you short a stock that is priced under $5 when there is no stock available to borrow? As with many investors I locked my AMPE down. Called 3 brokers - big ones - I do business with and they found NO shares available at any time during the last 6 days.
And oil could go to $100bbl this afternoon, but not likely. Need the study results in for anything significant and longterm upward above the $9 level.
If MWE does not close does it go back to $65 or $70 immediately? What about the breakup fee MWE would owe? Hasn't the price move for MWE been more in line with the 20-25% downward move for midstream MLPs in general?