Yep...only paper losses so far...looking in once in a while...still believe gonna' make some money on this stock:BUT, it IS all risk money just the same. Take care...GLTA longs...holding patiently, and strong...not worried at all.
bustajoy: Nice, but I hope your loss was not too big...because you will have lost it for tax purposes....
That is due to the refineries...even though oil is cheaper, refineries still have fixed cost, and there are other variables...strikes, weather, etc...really, one can't win...Use too much, prices go up, use too little, prices go up....The big boys control everything, and set the prices...manipulation at its best.
The new SA article is a good read for those short or long NADL...Myself...I am holding...gone this far, will look in occasionally, but will not sell until, well...whenever I decide...lol.Take care all, and good luck...not you shorters though...you've had your 'fun'...(.small chuckle).
As for me, the way the stock has been trading, I can not say....I hope for the best. I am holding regardless. Personally, I don't like dividends, like stock splits/buybacks better, even more is the company uses it for re-investments...acquisitions, etc, as the market, market makers, adjust the price of the stock after dividend...therefore, I wonder if CKP will recover...you are only getting your own money back. IE: Stock is 19.50, pays .50 divi, then stock is adjusted to 19. ...My worry is that after the ex-dividend adjustment, CKP will not recover, and possible lose twice, if not more, than what the dividend is. Take Care,GL
I agree with you. It IS curious that SDRL would not negotiate with Rosneft. SDRL also stated they would be looking to acquire companies...So? All in all, doesn't seem like SDRL is worried about NADL. Buying opportunity? We will see...take care.
Truthfully, although disappointing, this is NOT unexpected news. IMO, the non-Rosneft deal is already priced into the shares..Oh yes, it will give shorts more ammunition, and the pps may drop (note after hours), but nothing really has changed in the 'now' operations of the company. It may make SDRL decide on what to do with NADL...after all, SDRL in their report had already written off the Rosneft deal. A continuing saga....I still believe this company will survive. Just my Opinion.
As we already knew, West Navigator was already 'Ready Stacked'...from the information on Rigzone...the other rigs are still working...except I could find, at this time, no info on CJ54-TBN1 or CJ54-TBN2...anyone else have any other info? I am still holding strong
Make of this as you want:
Hamilton, Bermuda, March 13, 2015 - North Atlantic Drilling Ltd. (NADL) has received a notice of termination from Rosneft of the service order for the West Navigator in connection with the Framework Agreement. The drillship was indicatively scheduled to commence operations under its five-year contract with Rosneft during the summer of 2015, which would have required earlier mobilisation. As outlined in our fourth quarter 2014 results report, NADL believes that it will be very challenging to close the transactions with Rosneft on the same terms or in the timeframe contemplated in the executed agreements, and that there were significant risks attached to the US$4.1 billion order backlog related to the drilling contracts with Rosneft. The termination of the service order for West Navigator will reduce NADL's contract backlog by US$1.0 bn. NADL will be marketing the West Navigator for alternative future opportunities, however remains in discussions with Rosneft to explore various alternatives for future co-operation..
Normally I don't say anything about after hours trading, but I do have to note that a block over 45,000 shares traded very high..and that is not normal for NADL after hours.
Well, I am 'grumpy'...lol..thought the same as you...was wrong, but holding. Only good news really...just the lower forecast...but was not THAT bad. Oh well.
Right...sure..if there is one thing SDRL does NOT want to do at this time, is alienate outside investors...the financial lifeblood of any corporation. They have already guaranteed part of NADL's debt....In any article that mentions NADL, so is SDRL...they, as someone posted, are companies 'joined at the hip'. A large part of debt NADL owes is to SDRL. Also, if I remember correctly, if SDRL starts buying NADL stock, they have to file disclosure forms informing the SEC...the general public.If you read the last management statements, you would have noted that they stated SDRL was looking at opportunities to buying companies.'Buying' NADL would be a win-win for SDRL...using ONLY stock to do so since they own 70+% anyway. They can use the money, and the contracts NADL has at this time to pay down debt, and hold NADL's rigs until times/oil gets better. A 1 for 2 stock buy out would be ideal....and would not cost SDRL anything...and as I stated before, could re-IPO NADL at some later advantageous date to pay off debt, other, again. This would be the best scenario, as it stands right now, for BOTH companies IMO. LOL..I was going to write them (NADL IR) and tell them this, just in case they hadn't thought iof it....but for some reason my computer could not 'contact' them...oh well.
It was worth looking at....but the bid/ask spread is too far apart right, now, as well as liquidity, but I will keep an eye on it.
Nasdaq site is an excellant reference for SEC filings..and other REAL information. From what I got from NADL's last filing:
The outstanding debt as of December 31, 2014 is repayable as follows:
(In millions of US$)
Twelve months ended December 31, 2015 218.1
Twelve months ended December 31, 2016 214.2
Twelve months ended December 31, 2017 1,080.8
Twelve months ended December 31, 2018 248.9
Twelve months ended December 31, 2019 857.4
Twelve months ended December 31, 2020 and thereafter 125.0
Total debt 2,744.4
You must understand that a LOT of this debt is to SDRL...in which I doubt seriously SDRL would let NADL go BK, or other, which would cause problems, legal, otherwise, with other creditors over NADL's assets...IMO. In other words, if you qowned 70% of your child's car/home/other, and you had the money, and through no real fault of the child, would you suffer the loss and let the bank take it?.
LOL...I believe in NADL...sigh...just gonna' be a while, as arctic, HE drilling, is not in much demand at this time...but? companies like Statoil, Exxon, others, know that NADL rigs can drill anywhere, but when the time comes, can be moved to arctic drilling. SDRL owns 70.4 % of NADL...would be much more cost efficient to merge NADL back to SDRL in a stock deal..no cash (one for two?), and when oil goes back up, and it will, then re-ipo NADL..a win-win for both..UNLESS, NADL is bought by another company with SDRL's blessings, as a sell of the company can not be done without SDRL approval. NADL rigs are expensive, and relatively new. With China buddying up with Russia, possible a Chinese company would like to buy?...or? Oh my...All the possibilities...who knows. Good luck, take care.
Gosh fozzy..well, your question obviously sounded like you don't do DD...but I was not trying to be anything you alluded to...Read my posts on this company...I believe in it...LONG term. To explain all that is going on as to oil, offshore drilling, etc, would take half a day and pages of text...it is much easier for you to do the research...not me...I have already done it. I try to help anyone on this message board, unless the question is way to involved....then help them with places to go for their answers...HOWEVER, if that's the way you feel...okay. BTW I didn't give you the thumbs down. There are several really good people on this message board that give excellent relevant info...
Well, the article is stating the obvious...oil will stabilize, sometime.... there IS a glut at this time. Companies , offshore drillers, have to conserve cash, and do whatever is necessary to survive. HOWEVER, large oil companies look forward, and will not stop drilling altogether...just make more sound decisions. There will be some highly leveraged companies go BK...there WILL be a lot of M&A...Will SDRL and NADL survive?...YES IMO. Sound management...cut the divi before it was necessary as they saw the 'writing on the wall'...The rigs of NADL are too valuable in the long term for SDRL to lose...UNLESS,, NADL is sold to another company..totally possible. Now that would help SDRL in the short term...Buying now is a great risk/reward...but let me highlight that risk. Take care.
You got it right...it is a gamble...BUT, IMO, a good one, risk/reward wise, at these levels. HOWEVER, you have a computer, read past posts on this board, read offshore energy today, Barents Observer, earnings reports/management statements...there is not enough room on here to point out all risk/rewards of this stock...do DD, and make decision yourself.
Rosneft and Seadrill continue negotiations on North Atlantic Drilling deal closure
Admin. Дата: 1st March 2015, 3:24 pm
Упоминания: North Atlantic Drilling, Rosneft
Rosneft continues negotiations with the Norwegian drilling company Seadrill to close the deal for the purchase of Russian company North Atlantic Drilling shares, a Rosneft representative.
Rosneft and the North Atlantic Drilling, subsidiary of Seadrill, have not yet acquired all the necessary corporate and regulatory approvals. The parties continue negotiating and are interested in finding options to fulfill the terms of the agreement,” he said.
As TASS reported earlier, Seadrill says the deal with Rosneft is seeing complications. “Due to recent developments it will be very difficult to close the deal on the terms or in time that were specified in the initial contract.
Thus, the drilling rig for $4.1 bln implicates significant risks. However, the parties continue to negotiate and to look into various options for future cooperation,” the company said.
Go to Nasdaq NADL transcript....Nasdaq good site...research it. Any problems, let me know. Take care.