One more thought... Last week Apple said they would complete a portion of their buyback program by this week. They are purchasing shares before this announcement tomorrow morning. It is being done at the opening of the market instead of after its close. Tim Cook is confident that whatever he says will benefit the stock.
Here's what could happen tomorrow. This is a real possibility...
At Apple we are proud to begin a relationship with Goldman to unlock value from our mammoth cash holdings. We have $137 Billion dollars that we want to put to work to grow our dominance in all forms of media and entertainment. Goldman will begin negotiations with media content providers to transfer their valued resources to our control. We will unbundle this content and make it available to our proprietary technology that we are developing around the forthcoming iTV. Our television will have one remote and access to all the media content our customers desire. The possibilites surrounding this are huge. We will sell licenses to other providers to utilize our newly purchased content further enhancing our revenue stream. We are comfortable with our current dividend, but not the value of our cash. This will end the stranglehold that video media has placed on the world much like the one we ended with digital music. The only difference is, we will own the content and you will own the iTV.
Ironically, they won't let me post my thoughts about you. I guess yahoo doesn't believe you are worth my candid response.
3D cameras built into the back of an ipad. You only need 2 on each end and an app to run it. iPad 3D!
Just imagine that they have a whole department of people at Apple who dream about innovative ways to create new products. If I can do it, they undoubtedly have better minds working on ideation.
1. Earbud Shuffle Player. Build the player and the earpiece out of one unit.
2. 3D Ipad without the glasses. Makes for a totally immersive 3d experience because the device is so close to your nose.
3. Iphone with Siri changable voices, bluetooth nanoprobes that record digestive images, heart & BP moniters, fingerprint id that prevents the phone from being stolen successfully, algorithms built in to the trading APP to beat the Wall Street HF platform. Larger Screen options.
4. Itunes software built in that would allow you to rip movies like DVD's. It's a grey area and they should go back to acting like the renegades they were from the beginning. (Note Jobs Biography). Offer low prices on current TV episodes to be downloaded. Use some of the cash to bring the media industry to it's knees. It would deal a pretty hard blow to cable companies.
5. Use the cash hord to buy up digital rights that Nexflix and others keep trying to maintaining contracts on. They could own digital content industry in the coming years.
6. Turn ITunes University into a fully accredited college degree.
7. Develop 3D printing stations at the Apple Store. Apps could allow you to dream, design, and then pick up your thingie at the Genius Bar for a nominal cost.
Wall Street's love is irrational and inconsistant.
We are closer to the bottom than the top. Hold your nose and take a plunge
I've got a job. It's a really good job. I make great money. Keep posting your nonsense from the basement of your mother's house. LOSER!
I've decided to keep talking to myself. In the absence of intelligent sounds coming out of Wall Street, I'll keep hoping that a lone voice will make a large difference.
Something else that I find really absurd. Some talking head on CNBC said that AAPL was over owned. WHAT? It has a certing number of shares that a corresponding number of people own. The same can be said for Facebook, Google, and any other publically traded company. If the people talking AAPL down had a brain, they wouldn't say such things. But that's the problem isn't it. Brains are not required, just an ability to #$%$ and speak without any distinction between the two functions.
MSFT had a PE of 79 in 1999. There was a lot of room to contract. On the bright side, I'd take MSFT's PE for APPL in six months. Fear has displaced reality or fundamental analysis. The tide will turn. Who knows when, but it will. Just sayin'.
I thought I was a genius. The Steve Jobs is gonna die thesis was active back then. I took my profits and ran. I wish I had not let all the naysayers shake me out. Perhaps this time will be different. Just a thought.
I wouldn't be surprised if there's less follow through to the downside tomorrow.