I picked up some ASTC at just under 2.86 today....might dip a few pennies more....but it's a no-brainer, IMO.
You know, this was selling in the 3s recently and appears to be a better deal right now in the mid 2s than it was at this same level before it ran into the 3s. Too many are focused on just the next quarter, IMO, but this company has done deals per their PRs that should boost forward-looking performance. IMO, Hopeful
It's true that consumer spending depends on consumer confidence which often is firmed or shaken by the overall market direction. Assuming we go through a normal "needed IMO" market correction with a stable consumer, we may be holding a stock here that has done nothing while the market was flying but may do great things while the market is cycling through a correction....if so, far better than being in cash:))
Hopefully and IMO,
Market-wise, MCZ tap-dances to a different beat and today is an example. It is one of the few stocks in the green today. It simply does not correlate well with the overall market moves. Now, if we suffered a downturn again with the consumer's aggressiveness in spending, MCZ's stock price would logically suffer because its business is closely linked with the consumer's retail spending habits. However, if we simply undergo a significant market correction due to the chronic bullishness of recent times while the underlying economy holds, upheld by a better consumer, it is a great thing that MCZ does not dance to the market's tune but has shown strength before in market correction times......just as it has been weak during recent bullish market times....it just does not correlate well with the overall market. If we get some good news about what's ahead, I think MCZ will again dance to is own beat....and that's a positive about MCZ, IMO......because it will be one of the few regular green spots on the screen in a sea of red.
You are making my point in a way. I think the buyout possibility caused a run-up to .44 and it fizzled and I also think this move is predicated on the ebola scare. Yet your words "soared to .44" pretty much make my point. This stock has fundamental worth that can be measured and defended toward a higher price than .44. Yet, perception says "it soared" to .44 simply because it has been persistently undervalued and that mindset is controlling things. I don't think the price was "soaring" except relative to the funk it was in for so long.
Why wouldn't management want to find a buyer to finally take notice of the inherent worth of equity? After all, their ages don't give them the luxury of hoping it will be noticed "one day."
It stopped at .44 because there were enough people being "anxiously nimble" to create an abundant supply that poured cold water on demand and stifled demand from carrying us any higher. Whether a buyout notion or an ebola concern, the stock should be higher, IMO and that's why I bought. I figured the buyout mention was sufficient to get people to hold their shares until something closer to a fair price was reached, especially if some buyers started taking notice. However, if there was any panic, I would say it was among holders who jumped at the first long-awaited opportunity to sell at virtually any profit and so a quick cap of .44 occurred.
If that mindset is imposed again (just take the profit and run), this ebola concern will not be sufficient either to get CONX re-priced to something more representative of its balance sheet equity plus performance prospects.
So, it's my very recognition of what you are saying that causes me to hope that people will "allow" demand to re-price CONX here and now vs. snuffing a rally to re-price out before it gets started good.
You obviously did no research before you wrote your post. Earnings are not "due" until Aug. 15. My friend called the company and heard the planned date to be Aug. 14 or thereabouts. You can wait two weeks since you have already waited "forever."
One last thought.....there are a myriad of things to consider here. There is fundamental value with CONX aside from the Ebola issue. We already have that going for us. Then we have the technicals that could become another thing going for us if it can break out to new highs on this interest (whether knee-jerk or other). Then there is the psychology of investing. If this thing does head toward .50, the desire to sell in the .30s will be greatly lessened and those that feel they "missed out" will be waiting anxiously to buy on any dip back to the .30s.....and so on. Exiting the stock becomes less and less of an issue. All this is not only possible, but probable if the process is allowed to happen.
The notion of past failed attempts makes one apt to be "nimble." This can end up doing a Barney Fife number on a plausible stock run.....he called it "nipping it in the bud." All the while, the truth was...."it really could have and would have run up if there had been less tendency to be "too" nimble.
I hope things aren't "too nimble" this time. We stand a real chance here and now, IMO.
Further, this stock "should" close in the low .40s today, IMO, and be challenging is yearly high tomorrow....if there is not an over-abundance of "being nimble." I'm not disagreeing about being nimble.....I'm talking about the degree of being nimble. In simple words "for crying out loud, give it a cotton pickin' chance." LOL.
The problem is that even a knee-jerk reaction can be very lucrative, if you don't react "too" quickly and let the reaction carry through. Further, if nimble means get out just as soon as the demand volume starts to come, it becomes a given that the positive effect is stifled before it even gets started (before the knee even has time to muster any kind of "jerk")
With but an ounce of patience, the momentary momentum might gain some traction and last several days, enabling daytraders to benefit and enabling holders like us to exit easier at a much better profit. So, the attitude of being so nimble as having the hand of the "sell" trigger.....if that attitude is held by but a handful of substantive position holders here....it's a virtual guarantee that the stock price will go nowhere.
Momentum will get killed before it even gets going good if too many are too quick to be nimble.
I don't know, norwalkron. At the risk of putting out troll-food (it's not because I really won't have a good clue until next week gets here, just like is true for all of us), if Darren were to suggest strongly that profitability will start with the second quarter, I think we would migrate toward a buck sooner than you think.
The acquisition looks significant to me in terms of a positive future benefit even in light of the payout provision above a prescribed level of EBITDA contribution. That level is pretty high, meaning a big benefit to AEY before the acquired realizes further benefit. Anyway, I feel I can make good money from the 2.50s given the book value and the expected profit improvement here. IMO.
This development could make it easier for CONX to find a buyer of itself, IMO.
....always get anxious sellers on a day like today. Unfortunately, there's no way to go up without layering and relayering of the stock price......and that takes a continuance of demand volume.
we will be at .50 in nothing flat, IMO. The value is already here; EBOLA news is merely a potential trigger. IMO, we are about to get a run, even if it's duration is short-term (days or weeks).