We may hear something about the well results by January, but don't count on it. Then you won't be disappointed. The results have long been known by management, but they will release them only when they see fit to do so, and that could still be many months away. Why the delay? I have no idea. Perhaps they will give us a clue at the November CC.
Hard to get two big up days back to back with IOC. Bullish day always seems to bring out the sellers the next day, rather than follow through buying. It would be nice if it would at least turn green today. There are some buyers around, obviously
But any kind of sale by an insider will bother some people and cause them to sell as well. Especially with this stock when so many people have to know the status of the well drilling. I've been in IOC for five years, and I can afford to stick around for five more if necessary to see how this finally plays out. The 6,000 share sale does not bother me, though of course I think we would all agree that we'd rather see insider buys.
If not for Delcamp's sale what other reason does anyone suggest for the decline of the stock the last two trading days ahead of what we all hope will be good news ahead? Someone was selling for some reason.
Just assume that there will be no drilling news for another few weeks yet, and you will not be disappointed. The steady flow of phony rumors is an IOC hallmark. Been hearing them for the five years I have been in the stock. Not one ever turned out to be factual.
P.S. Anyone here remember the fabled "Herr Basel"? He was someone's creation and got a lot of people excited that he knew something. He did not even exist!
We will get drilling info eventually, but not for another month or two. Anything sooner is wishful thinking. The current batch of rumors are just more nonsense.
We are all secretly hoping the rumors are true, while publicly deriding them. It makes it easier to accept the disappointment when the rumors once more--for the one hundredth time or more--turn out to be phony.
Nevertheless, the time is approaching when they will have to give us some kind of drilling results. I suspect this is what is driving the pps higher.
So you would actually prefer to kill the deal and see your $99 stock drop back to 80 rather than to pay the tax? Not me! I'm a VERY happy camper. Not unless you can show me that I will pay over $20 per unit in taxes.
So your initial dividend next year falls from $27,800 to $21,300(though it will increase by 10% per year after that. ) That's a decrease of $6,500. But you get a check for $53,850 and pay taxes of $21,000. That means you have $32,850 left over in cash. That is more than five times your decreased dividend. Most people in that situation would be shouting for joy, not whining about it. And look art the cap gain you are racking up. The KMP stock you hold now, should you wish to sell it, has moved from 80 to almost 99. And you still complain?
JNUG is double what it was at its low. Not too bad for anyone who bought it then, when I'm sure pessimism was at its peak.
No inflation? Where have you been? Not in the real world, evidently. The official inflation figure is a grotesque joke. Deliberately falsified by Uncle to keep down S.S. increases. The real number is far higher. Wait till September when we exit the summer doldrums. Gold will soar!
I disagree. JNUG is up in AH trading. It is extremely volatile, but overall it will track the price of gold, which is overall in a bullish trend. The bottom is in, IMO. Remember that JNUG was below 15 not too long ago.
Long term, though (if anyone still thinks long term) it is probably a pretty good deal just to pay the tax hit and hang on to the stock. At least Kinder was pretty persuasive to me on that point.
Anyone have any thoughts on when the FNMA saga is going to be resolved and the stock will break either toward zero or to the stratosphere? Looks like the zero crowd is in the majority right now.
If one chooses to take the entire buyout in KMI stock instead of taking any part in cash, why is there any taxable event to KMP stockholders as long as they do not sell any of their new KMI stock? If there is any tax to pay, who calculates it? KMI? KMP? your broker? or do you have to dump it in the hands of your CPA? I would have no idea how to figure it on my own. I've held KMP for about 4 years.
Alas, the pps is in decline so far today, so there is no news. Not even a positive rumor, it would seem.
It would seem that some news is due at the cc on August 13, but we have all thought that before, only to be stiffed with meaningless generalities. If we long suffering IOC stockholders want to play games ahead of the cc, one way would be to speculate on how Hessions can manage to dodge questions about drilling progress and anything else of importance, and leave us all hanging until the next cc in November. I do see the upward pressure on the pps as a hopeful sign ahead of the cc --better than a steady downward pressure--but that may just be setting us up for another disappointment. Over the past five years that I have been in the stock we have sure seen plenty of those!.