What actions NQ BOD, executive, management will do to restore the investor's confidence?
- Share buy back from senior personal fund?
- Extension of "sale-frozen" period from NQ company, BOD and executive, management
- Special Dividend to fight against Shorts
- Legal action against MW
- Legal action against PwC for inside info leaking
- 2013 20-F timetable
I do believe that you were out long time ago. I do not know why you are still here.
I do agree with you. A lot of company will move from PwC to them. It is clear in Chinese philosophy, that PwC is not a trustworthy partner; suspicious leaking inside info, can only share the glory, but can not work thru hardship, Who would want to get their service. They did carry a very bad name in their professional service.
As the shareholders, can we take class acton suit against PwC for leaking insude info?
I do not care too much about auditor as long as a clean 20-F is filed in a timely fashion. However, I am not sure why do you expect for different outcome from two professional auditors. It sounded the auditing report can be questionable.
Can shareholder take class suit action against PwC because they failed to uncover the fraud at NQ?
Some investor trusted previous 20F from PwC to made their investment decision. They suffered the loss because of "wrong - untrue" 20F from PwC.
I do need help for expert opinion on PwC's legal liability. It is getting interesting about NQ drama. Finally, NQ "fired" or replaced PwC with new auditor. Two situations can be expected;
1. New auditor will have the "similar" questions and requests at PwC
2. New auditor will issue a clear 2013 20F report.
NQ and its investor would be happy for item 2. PwC would be the loser as professional service provider. They may lose auditing market- share significantly with their "new' reputation.
If NQ ends with item 1, (it is a strong indicator that NQ is a fraud) then, NQ has no other option except buy-out or go to private. In this situation, what is the legal liability of PwC? Please advise if you can chip in your expert comments.
These are my observations. NQ together with their allies - potential buy-outs jumped out on Friday to buy NQ shares. NQ is buying time to beef up the price and close the buy-out deal. 20F is not an issue on their list. I am suspicious that new auditor may have the similar conclusions/requests as PwC did. With that said, the only option for NQ would be go to private or get a buy-out offer. Hopefully, we can get it at $15, at least $10+.
It is clear PwC is unwilling to issue a 20-F for year 2013 (it is unacceptable to NQ for expanded scope, additional test procedure and document requirements -including third parties. There are tow observations
1. NQ set the stage for "multiple paths forward" - reasonably resolving 20F is the best outcome. There is no choice for NQ to part with PwC. (PwC probably is the information source for Shorts).
2. NQ announced to have a new auditor for 20F. It is still questionable if NQ can get clean 20F from new auditor. It is an interesting drama to show in the near future.
It is my observation that Friday event NQ planned is to buy some more time for NQ.
A. It has disappointed his longs for quite a long time. They needed to boost the price. A lot of their allies jumped in to get some cheap share and also provide needed support to NQ
B. There would be some leaks/expectation in NQ's progress in business side. These newly capital would be rewarded handsomely.
C. Taking a look the options for NQ to have; the only feasible one would be buy-out or go to private. The Friday volume would be an indicator for incoming buy0out.
NQ management has failed miserably to fight against shorts. It is time for NQ to exercise their final weapon to retaliate Short. The current unsettled is about the price of buy-out. With sale of minority interest of its two subsidiary, the buy out price would be $10+. Let us wait and see for the PPS of next few days. Hopefully, clear 20-F can increase its value. However, for the purchaser of NQ, 20F is not an issue anymore.
From yesterday's volume, it is very likely a buy-put to be announced soon. Of course, a clean 20-F would be needed. It would be interesting for next 2-4 weeks for volume and price of stock.
I do agree with your observations. However, I am not sure about PwC. As a professional service provider, why they can request the third parties' bank statement and finance. Is this a reasonable request? What would be PwC legal liability if NQ is fraud?
Meanwhile, it seems quite likely for NQ to go to private or a buy-out would merge based on the volume on Friday. The key would be the price. NQ seems to complete 20f and release all the "good" progress in their business side to beef up the price.
You sounds to be NQ management and know every detail progress in NQ. If so, please work hard to get a buyout for NQ or just go to private. This is becoming a joke.
Why can not NQ put together a investor conference to answer all these questions effectively? They stressed a lot about "transparancy". then, what? only a lip service ?