yes, it is ,unbelievable when you stop and think about it !! Best to you and yours HC..., and of course, the dancin'girls :-)
sad but true, I just had to buy a new laptop and it came with 8.......yikes, the darn thing is so counterintuitive, and flies away at the slightest breath...even simple tasks like downloading a photo to pictures file is awful now....
but not linked. In the hearings the contractors said it was manually keyed in,once they received the application. and now they dont even get that medical info for their existing algoriths, it's just age and location basically.
"deployed" included, design,code, GUI, security,hardware,links to insurance companies (which btw are still coding manually on the back end- whatever did they do with all the profits in the last 10 years ??) user training, insurance policy links, etc etc.... really , we coulda done .a better job for a fraction of the money.....it really is only a web front end, there's no real intelligence or interactive databases behind it.....
many,many moons ago, I deployed a multi-state open enrollment web based system, so you can imagine I am following this more closely than most. Mine rolled out with one flaw, not enough servers for the frist day. Quickly fixed. I have even ewatched all the hearings on it, eye opening to say the least. Most of what i guessed was wrong, is wrong, but there has to be some really sloppy work in there too,up to and including the lack of sufficient testing..
on "abandonment" the comparison with retial does not hold up. Most will wait till the last couple of days, and some will even try to enroll after the date close...it's just one of those things folks "don't get around to"..the "goods" will not go away, or run out, there's no incentive to act now, the deadline is the only incentive.
I have a prior model Roomba and Scooba, which I love, so I was happy to hear that a new Roomba was in the works. I checked it out this morning.. and it was very frustrating experience.
1) the price is way too high _ I combine my Roomba with a Dyson, and that covers everything- Roomba does not replace a vacuum.
2) it does not say if the light sensors will combine with the 4 I have already- an important point for cleaning odd shaped areas, 2 morw would be great - 4 less if they are different and dont work together would be a big loss (reminds me of Sony Video recorders, every darn battery system was different..)
3) I would love a much better scooba, no other product on the market comes close to the workload savings, except the swiffer wetjet, which is still a pain, and you cant leave it.
Final frustration this morning was to try and email my questions and comments to the website- the phone number algorithm is funky at best, and it wont take email unless you put a model serial number in, what if its about the new one ????? or you have a question on the 2 models you already have ???
IRobot- love your technology, have owned the shares on and off since the IPO, but you need to up your game for retail customers.!!!
Missed, the Net for sure will undergo dramatic changes, propelled by the NSA leaks - Look at what other countries are proposing to do as a result. History and decisions are not just made here.You need to look outside the window more :-)
Costs are because we have actually a Republican plan ,from Nixon thru' Romney, as well as Tort Law. You ,of all people on here Missed, know that I have been advocating a universal payer system from the start, a la, Europe, Taiwan, and most other post industrial democracies. They have better outcomes and lower costs, as a percentage of GDP (less than half in some cases) and no-one has managed to dispute this in any and all of the debates. 'Nuff said.. Politics outweighed reason.
Missed, I will agree that on "keeping your plan" there have been misleading/downright wrong statements _ I look forward to that being corrected/mitigated, and I also look forward to the data on these " millions" of people. So far , all of the individual complaints reported on Faux News have been completely debunked. though I am sure there are and will be genuine ones to be found.
On being "sold" unecessary mental health insurance, a couple of points for your consideration :
1) you never know when a minor stroke or accident will leave you needing this,in principle no diffrerent to not knowing when an accident will happen
2) one of the biggest issues we are having with mass shootings and other heinous crimes are mental health related, those victims often go bankrupt, do not get treatment, or rely on hospitals to waive fees (take a look at the individual results of the movie cinema shooting amongst many others). Each of us is at the mercy of mentally ill or distressed individuals in our everyday lives,just as we are from drunk drivers (who legally must have insurance) .You do see the analogy I hope ?
Again, those who "gamble" on not needing insurance, health, mental, car, home whatever, contribute causally to the "Tragedy of the Commons" in higher rates, worse outcomes, and hospital closures, and cause the rest of us to pay up in money , grief and blood.
When will people get this through their skulls ?
please let the door hit you on the way out :-)
Of course it happened to you, who else ? Hah !
Usually can't stand Wolf Blitzer, but he's interviewing Michele Bachman shortly - a must see for anyone in need of a giggle :-)..on this day and this moment of all things....
Wonder if he'll ask about why all the Tea Party'ers are suddenly writing children's books on time travel., back to when America was their version of America.....next they'll want them on the school curricula :-))
and... apropos of the debate McCain lost the last dregs of any respect I had for him for playing poker while the debate was conducted, it was arrogant and demonstrated a despicable lack of respect for any American forces personnel as well as innocents in Syria, shame on him forever .