I doubt we hit new highs, but it should be a significant pop. I think there's a good chance of new highs if dystrophin data looks good. From there, it'll be blue sky territory.
I agree that price is undervalued. But $100 today for a trader could be far more beneficial than simply the possibility of $100 twelve months from now. While I think this is a goldmine longterm, there are other gems out there, and using quick profits today will likely yield more in the long run than holding out for what could be a massive payday years from now. Yes, I think it is more likely than not that SRPT will surpass $100 within a few years, but nothing is guaranteed. Plus, I'm finding the SRPT roller coaster to be a bit exhausting. I'm staying either way, buyout or not.
I, for one, would be happy to see a buyout if it can hit $100 smackaroos for the offer price. (Which I think is definitely doable given the recent IDIX buyout.)
So long as they are willing to throw $8 billion at SRPT, then I'm all for it. But I doubt they'd pay that much. One thing about Shire though, is that being based in the UK, they'd have much more clout putting up a fit over exon-51 over there.
Elstock, minnesota is right. A couple of months before buyout, TSRX volume and price went through the roof. There was a leak.
Good gawd, you're still pumping this steaming pile of sh--? How much are you getting paid to post? Do you realize how much money you've lost anyone who listens to you? Do you even care?
As I was saying the other day, good chance you'll be able to buy in the $5s if the biotech correction continues. The price drop won't be fundamental, as virtually no biotechs will be immune if a big correction comes. And it probably will.
You really need to go away. True longs don't need or want your annoying, mindless pumping. We already know what we own. That's we've been here longer than you and will continue to hold longer than you. Seriously, you're obnoxious.
Have no fear. MNKD and KERX will get demolished soon if the biotech sector tanks as many are predicting. ACRX will take a hit too, but it'll weather the storm much better because it's actually a well-run company with a good product, unlike the super pumpy MNKD and KERX.
That's silly. The company's largest catalyst in its history will be occurring at the end of June/early July. Between now and then, if the biotech sector continues to tank, there could be a serious discount on SRPT before that news occurs. That's when you buy. And this is one catalyst you do hold through.
No, but the FDA isn't just going to approve the drug now without going through the approval process. You could argue that the FDA should have done things differently and that we should have started that process much sooner, and I 100% agree with that. But even had we had started it sooner, the kids would still need to go through Phase 3 as well as get biopsies. These were never considered as "maybes" even when we thought the process would have started last year; they've always remained on the table as part of the pathway. The placebo group was a "maybe" and it's one that went in favor of Sarepta, as it should have.
Also, the kids aren't suffering by having any more trials done. AA will come before the trial is even complete.
Gary, this is an absurd post. They absolutely need to do more trials. I can't believe anybody would suggest they shouldn't.
Mind you, I'm speaking from a completely technical perspective. Pull up a daily chart, in the absence of news, RNA has never maintained a run once it hit 70 on the RSI. It has always been followed by a retrace, which is perfectly normal in the absence of news. The run-up in biotech has been put on hold while the sector is shaky. RNA moved up on the SRPT FDA news which also coincided with a technical bounce off IBB lows. So this run-up had the advantage of excellent timing.
RNA initially dropped because the sector tanked; not because big boys were looking to load up. It simply followed the path of nearly every small-cap biotech. The sector was too hot for its own good.
Without news, we're headed to low $6's at a minimum and I'd wager mid $5's, assuming IBB is not done dropping. If the IBB pulls a fast one and really has recovered for good then I'd say you could be right. But technical indicators suggest there is more downside.