Ah, I do remember seeing that before, but I totally forgot about it. Fantastic find, dennis.
An upgrade of one company is solely done because of the fundamental value of that company. RNA has nothing to do with it. What a moronic comment.
I agree. Safe to say BMRN would have preferred SRPT over RNA. I imagine management balked at what was probably a paltry offer.
$500 is a bit much at this point in time. But I think there is a strong likelihood this stock hits $200 in 2015.
The music might stop, but it will replay shortly thereafter. This stock is headed to $200 in 2015. Years away from a marketable drug doesn't matter much in biotech, if your pipeline is incredibly valuable. But I've been long since the mid $30s, so if it retraces from here, it's no skin off my back.
We'll hit $100 before year's end.
And it was 4 patients out of 7. The other 3 patients only just started the treatment, so it is too early to say. However, the latter 2 patients of those cured took a couple of months before they were transfusion free.
You'd do better to go long than to short. Otherwise, you're going to get smoked.
Meh. The chart is still hugely bullish. It's just a normal pullback. So long as QQQ holds up (and it might not), the stock should reach $38 before earnings, and $40 after. Short interest has dropped, and calls continue to be hot, even today.
BMRN probably did go for SRPT but SRPT management probably had a much higher price tag than BMRN was willing to offer.
Fat chance the secondary is at $65. The company would have no problem getting $300 million at today's closing price of $83. Big boys would jump all over it. They know this is a $200+ stock by the end of 2015.
You're flat out wrong, and clearly haven't seen what large investors are willing to pay across the biotech sector. Look at TKMR, for example. They did a secondary near $30 several months ago, which is right at the 52-week high. Large investors were all over that, and TKMR's potential is nowhere near that of BLUE's. This is just one example. There are many, many more.
People need to learn how to control their emotions when investing. Unless you're playing weekly options, there's no reason to #$%$ your pants if the stock drops for a few days.
It's amazing when folks sell near the bottom. I actually intend on buying more SRPT after it drops a little further. This is a normal pullback, given the monstrous run the market had. SRPT is being hit harder because of tax-loss selling. The amount of catalysts lining up in 2015 make SRPT worth buying soon.
SRPT has been in a sell-off ever since the delay. That fact prevented it from taking part in the market's upward rocket ship. At this point, negative news is almost, but not quite, baked in. If the stock hits $10, I'll be buying a boatload, and I imagine many others will too.
With 13 sites now recruiting, I'd say there's a good chance we'll hit 12 patients dosed by the end of the year, which means we'll have 24-week safety data by early Q3 2015. This should be enough to satisfy the FDA's guidance for a mid-year NDA submission.