I think Citi also said that if Black Friday sales are hot then it can go even higher than $94. Gee whiz, how insightful?! it is basically saying what everyone knows, stock go up when revenues are higher. They are guessing just like everyone else.
that is a sound risk/reward trade..although I'm afraid of window dressing popping it for year end. I also think the company would do a secondary say Feb/March 2015 after the dec lockup, so would prefer it bit further out to potentially capture that event.
product news out already. Absent any other news like corporate big orders, I have to think sell the news will hit hard during one day this week...maybe not tomorrow as someone said, window dressing might keep this up so maybe after quarter end which is end of this week, big drop ahead.
nope, going to be a secondary placement after lockup, you don't think GPRO going to leave all of this money on the table in the IPO and not enjoy another round of fund raising to get their piece of the action? More shares available for trading by then too. And by then the product will be considered more mature. All adds to slowdown in price and bias on the downside.
13 billion+ is closer to the real value. Stock options count too. But CEO says it will get media revenues longer term. That is probably where the juice is, how it can monetize the media side of things.
ok, $200 = $22 billion mkt cap - how many cameras they have to sell to justify that sort of valuation?? maybe you are right, but the numbers are astronomical.
I think it is more like $13 billion+ if you take into account stock options. That is the real market cap, including all the stock options for mgmt.
because that is the risk reward for this stock? up to 130 from here in short time frame? another 50% higher? who knows, but highly doubt it. Probably $70 before $100.
any product news that comes out on this stock would be a time to sell. Day traders and fund managers seeking exposure to hot wearable space has driven to this thing to nose bleed levels. Heading to earnings probably very volatile and not straight up anymore. Look for some nasty reversal late day sell off next week.
no kidding, the company really got reamed on the IPO. One thing for sure is that these bankers have made so much money on the way up and they will make a lot more money on the way down. It might get to 100 before it comes tumbling though because the holiday season next quarter means more speculation on how hot the product is.
often times, a secondary involves both new issuance of shares and selling of shares by existing stock holders. Those existing stock holders are likely restricted by the lock up period of 6 months from IPO...hence, Dec time frame. But there are exceptions, because lockup period restriction is placed by bankers against shareholders...so if Bankers waive the exception, those shareholders can sell before 6 month holding period. A follow on offering would not involve shareholders' selling but probably require board approval, but not sure what the restriction on timing is on that. Either way, GPRO secondary is within the next 3 to 6 months for sure. Insane if they don't do another offering at these prices. Also FEYE secondary was announced well before lockup period expired and pretty much right after the first lockup period.
i said it before that FEYE did a secondary not too long after their IPO. I think their secondary was done at mid 80's and then the stock plunged. GPRO left so much money on the IPO, this meteoric rise in stock price has to make them think of getting a doing a secondary like FEYE..then it could deflate.
IPO bankers left a lot of money on the table here, that got to be on the mgmt mind that they can raise more now. Then again, it can go to 100 before it happens. This stock is amazing.