well, chances are there were informal talks on offers to bid like you said, and I mean, everyone from Cramer knew receptos was a candidate and the price action all these months probably indicated insider knowledge on the action placed on receptos. I just hope other offer comes in - but being greedy here :)
that is indicative that if this price goes through, celgene got a steal. Celgene moved up like $6 to $7 billion in mkt cap, essentially the whole buyout price of receptos. Celgene got a monster deal for little premium is what the market is saying.
maybe, but the way it usually works is there is a go-shop period AFTER the initial offer is announced where receptos (shareholders) could ask for other parties to bid. So the way you describe it is the other way around.
if there were other offers, it would be announced too. They don't just announce the highest offer. It would go like ABC bid $x for it and then Celg bid $y for it... these are market moving events, they have to be announced.
10% bid above closing is nothing, so there might be other bids out there, I mean how hard is it for someone to bid 20% above closing and go above celegene so I think your options still have play left, and I hope so.
what kind of numbskull offer is this? 10% for a stock moving 100% upside per year?? got to be others bidding for this thing. I would hope it doesn't go through at this ridiculous low price. Celegene willing to offer 2x for Juno but 10% for receptos? lol and I have both of them before offers.
doesnt work that way, it is based on closing price when deal is announced. Who cares about the rumors and the price. If that was the case, every stock will have a rumor on take out price to justify lower offer prices going forward. This is a low ball offer.
keep the speculation going and wait till the price hit $300 before announcing any tie ups with some big boys!
kind of thinking the same, with these two companies tying up, Celgene is probably going to have a board seat or two on Juno's board and have insider track on other fronts as well. Anything can still happen, another company could still make an even bigger bid than Celgene but it would involve Celgene and Juno making that joint decision instead of Juno alone. I think that is where the deflation comes in a bit, where the partnership news with a big boy has been announced so the catalyst now will focus strictly on products than anymore M&A news down the road.
probably cheaper than 93 average for sure! and less dilution too, might take awhile but they got 10 years to wait....yeah, I know it doesn't work that way.