for CLF rather than the ceiling. It depends on any pending upgrades or downgrades, and I suppose they will be coming soon. I like what FCX had said this week about their growth coming from copper and better China demand. This would also seem to have to translate into IO demand, especially since the price continues to hold higher ranges.
If CLF makes me enough $ tonight, I will take a road trip.
other than that, just normal stuff pending news
Hope to catch the news before
waiting for the earnings to decide where it goes next. I hope this level becoems the new floor at a minimum, and not the ceiling. There are still all of the macro items that will impact CLF, which I have writen about on this board before.
In a short while we should the direction for CLF going forward.
volumes. Weekly options do not suggest a big drop from here for Friday?
Shorts are not going to wait to get out on the day of earnings. That would be stupid. Also, volume is too low for this. I am surprised by the lack of buying so far. I think this may improve by closing today.
propels this up to $25 - $27.
After the announcement I will have to decide my thesis on CLF. I'll either leave it for awhile or may even go long instead of trading CLF like I have. It would be nice to put it away for a few months and not wonder or worry about the daily/weekly trading ranges.
Wow, WHR down 25cents off of a lifetime high yesterday, where the DOW and S%P were down big this morning.
Maybe you also missed the part from yesterday where the housing numbers were very good for the home $400K and above. Isn't this the playground of TOL?
Just picked up another 1000 shares. Seems like some people freaked on CATs news about mining sector. Mind you, IO is up huge this qtr to what they had forecasted. This is what will drive their earnings higher, not CATs equipment sales. Miners can still use what they had to produce the products.
Did you miss the part about construction demand was in-line / okay but most of loss is attributed to mining. did you miss WHR numbers. Stop being so darn silly.
Dido on CAT. I got out yesterday for a decent trade and I had traded it a few times over the past mopnth for some food pops. CAT is the reason I try not to hold too many longs, aa a bad piece of news overnight causes months of gains to be cleared out.
I hope CLF gives all of us a good surprise tomorrow.
I picked up CAT yesterday at 87.60 for another trading opportunity. CAT closed above its 200MDA and just on a YTD chart, it is looking much better now.
Volume of late has not been very much for CLF. Thoughts on how far it drops?
$30 some are talking about would be nice.
What did the say on OA about CLF? I am now just getting caught up from a long weekend on the news but missed that one.
Still here. Still long. I do not need to look at this site daily, or by the looks of it from your posts, every second of every day. Prime, this may be my last post to you, please do not worry about me or my positions. You seem to be somewhat deranged.
this thing has had regular moves of that much on the up and downside.
I hope for a pull back before earnings to reload. I got the options wrong for today, and hoped for a reload around $22 or lower to $25 with earnings.
Can not always win at this game.