Mon, Sep 15, 2014, 6:49 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 2 hrs 41 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Gabelli Utilities AAA Message Board

in4life75 68 posts  |  Last Activity: Sep 12, 2014 4:15 PM Member since: Oct 1, 2007
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Per the 10Q
    The NOC has recently advised Ivanhoe that some of its international projects, including the Block 20 project, are currently on hold and under review.
    Is it still under review? Is it still currently on hold? If the review is complete, will it still be on hold? Ivanhoe anticipates that this delay will last until the end of the third quarter of 2014. How long does the NOC anticipates this delay will last?
    Does Ivanhoe expect by the end of the quarter, the NOC will complete their review, take it off hold, and deliver a check? Does everyone think that is a reasonable time frame? I hope so.

    Any word from Tamarack and the steering committee that was supposed to make recommendations to the AER.

    IS SBM Offshore dead? What is the delay or update? I thought that would be a perfect partnership. HTL technology on every boat.

    I miss the company's timeline on their monthly presentations

  • Pre market it was up to a new high because of the boeing news. the price has been drifting down since
    I don't get it

  • Will NOC partner up and deliver the money? Will AER agree to an acceptable guideline for IVAN to continue Tamarack?
    I think any delays going into October will be devastating to IVAN's share price

  • in4life75 by in4life75 Sep 3, 2014 4:25 PM Flag

    I go on vacation and the share price jumps 60%. I should go more often
    Anyway - there are 19 more trading days left in September. Ivanhoe is waiting for the NOC to complete its review before moving forward to finalize the joint-venture agreement. Ivanhoe anticipates that this review will continue until the end of the third quarter of 2014.
    Any guesses on which day the NOC will complete its review so the agreement will be signed

  • Per 10Q - Feedback to the AER from this steering committee is anticipated to be delivered near the end of the third quarter.
    What about the remaining Statements of Concern. AER is not going to give any kind of go ahead until all the statements of concern are resolved. In turn, the statements of concern will not be addressed until AER gives a go ahead. Seems like big oil companies got IVAN tied up for years.
    Meanwhile Suncor and other companies continue getting AER decisions in their favor.

  • Reply to

    Latest news is to terminate Ecuador contract

    by in4life75 Aug 26, 2014 8:53 AM
    in4life75 in4life75 Aug 26, 2014 4:54 PM Flag

    I panicked folks
    I thought for sure my IVAN bet was done. mr. market thinks no big deal and we wait for CNPC to announce news

  • This is bad for IVAN. I thought they were going to be partners. Looks like one partner is taking and leaving the other partner out. Not good
    August 26, 2014, 8:58 am

    Ecuador's state-run Petroamazonas oil company is in the process of terminating a contract with Canada's Ivanhoe Energy, officials said Monday.
    Ivanhoe has held a 30-year oil exploration contract in Ecuador's Amazon jungle, at a price of $37 per barrel.
    "We are currently in the process of terminating the contract with Ivanhoe" and "thinking of how to redefine exploration and find more investors," Petroamazonas manager Oswaldo Madrid told the El Comercio newspaper.
    Pedro Merizalde, the South American country's minister for non-renewable resources, was quoted by the same publication as saying that the government hoped to start talks with the China National Petroleum Corporation instead.
    "We hope that, within the next two months at the latest, we'll have a basis for negotiations with the state-owned company CNPC," the minister said.
    He added that Ivanhoe, which had invested in the Amazon project, was not entitled to any compensation.
    Ecuador, an OPEC member state, produced 526,000 barrels per day in 2013, with the majority through public companies.

  • Reply to

    How much are you down buggie?

    by boilerroom_antics Aug 22, 2014 7:39 PM
    in4life75 in4life75 Aug 23, 2014 12:28 PM Flag

    It's not a matter of how much we are down. It's how much we can win. It's how much we are going to win. Time is on our side. One day news will hit and IVAN's price will soar. Being down is temporary at a limit moment in time. Those who are short, gambled a limited amount when it was up and if you cash out and move on, have won the limited amount you bet. Us longs, there is no limit. We will keep on winning, by averaging down, price explosion, and by positive news sending the company's product all over the globe.

  • in4life75 by in4life75 Aug 22, 2014 4:12 PM Flag

    Price is holding. Waiting for news

  • Reply to

    POLL: Anyone still buying IVAN?

    by homesforsalenky Aug 19, 2014 12:19 PM
    in4life75 in4life75 Aug 19, 2014 2:25 PM Flag

    I am, I am thinking of averaging out/down.
    I am going to sell my older higher priced lots as a tax loss. This will satisfy the IRS for my other gains. In turn my average will fall. 30 days later I may buy, hopefully we will be in the middle of news sending the price of my current and future shares higher.

  • nine days to go.
    Still waiting for news
    Will we receive news within nine days.
    Will we receive news within this quarter.

  • How many of us believe the third quarter will come and go without any news

    PROJECT AND HTL® UPDATES

    Block 20 Project Update
    Ivanhoe anticipates that this delay will last until the end of the third quarter of 2014.

    Tamarack
    Feedback to the AER from this steering committee is anticipated to be delivered near the end of the third quarter.

  • Reply to

    Hope we get a bone to support split

    by richsbrodick Aug 14, 2014 9:10 AM
    in4life75 in4life75 Aug 14, 2014 11:58 AM Flag

    I just checked my calendar and this morning is pick on bd day.
    Are you pouting and holding your breath right now.

    Try harder looking at the history of RAS.
    At under 1.0 it was a growth stock. climbed to 2.02 and was destined to 6.00 on it's own merits.
    It split 3-1 and changed from a growth stock to a stable dividend stock. Stock offerings to suppress the stock price but a dividend to keep the shareholders happy.

    Stock offerings will happen if the company succeeds instead of stock splits to get you where you were.

    It is now onto other discussions. I wish you well in the upsides and hope you realize the downsides regardless of the direction of the stock price

  • Reply to

    they will do another R/S after the 7:1

    by gumax2 Aug 14, 2014 11:29 AM
    in4life75 in4life75 Aug 14, 2014 11:46 AM Flag

    More denial and name calling.
    Simply just say "no sir" and then stick out your tongue.

    If news does not come then yes the price will drift down and we will be in the situation for another R/S

  • Reply to

    Hope we get a bone to support split

    by richsbrodick Aug 14, 2014 9:10 AM
    in4life75 in4life75 Aug 14, 2014 11:42 AM Flag

    So your counter argument is denial and name calling.
    You could simply just say "no sir" and then stick out your tongue.

    BTW - I am not pro-IVAN nor am I against IVAN. I am an investor discussing the upsides and also the downsides.

  • .20 -.22 is what I think
    It cannot be .1429

  • Reply to

    Hope we get a bone to support split

    by richsbrodick Aug 14, 2014 9:10 AM
    in4life75 in4life75 Aug 14, 2014 10:47 AM Flag

    Well did you check out RAS and other stocks having public stock offerings.
    Public stock offerings entice new shareholders but does not really help the current shareholder

  • Reply to

    Hope we get a bone to support split

    by richsbrodick Aug 14, 2014 9:10 AM
    in4life75 in4life75 Aug 14, 2014 10:25 AM Flag

    Check out RAS
    Stock was 2.02
    3-1 split and went to 6.06
    Now 7.70 with lots of stock offerings

    check out TCAP
    Stock price ready to rise
    2 days ago another stock offering

    Price will go up but much more slowly than you think.
    Still long waiting for news but a long way away from breaking even.

  • Reply to

    Hope we get a bone to support split

    by richsbrodick Aug 14, 2014 9:10 AM
    in4life75 in4life75 Aug 14, 2014 9:31 AM Flag

    Even if we do and news hits. The stock price will go up but the company will begin public stock offerings at a discount, offsetting the gains, hurting the long term shareholders. The lack of news and this split hurt bad and it is going to take a long time to recover. A high risk move would be to average down. Meanwhile the executives will get their monthly, quarterly, yearly bonuses and will recover nicely.

  • Reply to

    Meeting

    by tristar524 Aug 13, 2014 1:43 PM
    in4life75 in4life75 Aug 13, 2014 2:53 PM Flag

    Agreed. I thought I would see up volume by now. Either dumping or scarfing up all the shares they can get.

GABUX
5.37-0.06(-1.10%)Sep 12 6:25 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Danaher Corp.
NYSEFri, Sep 12, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Conversant, Inc.
NasdaqGSFri, Sep 12, 2014 3:59 PM EDT