Remember Last Decembers presentation. IVAN said the same thing. Expected Canadian government approval full knowing that all SOC's were still open and not all the required information was submitted to the government.
Seeking alpha did a wonderful article at the time saying approval was imminent.
Stock price went from .40 to .94 but the only thing happened was that in January that the government acknowledged completeness of the application and not application approval.
Stock price since fell, split occurred and presentational promises ever since.
I am thinking contract negotiations are preventing insiders from buying more shares. SEC prevents insider trading during times like this
All the government has to do is wait another 12 months and then they don't have to make a decision.
Companies and concerned statements have deadlines to follow. Why shouldn't the government once all the information is in be also under a time deadline.
IVAN needs to take control and pay SUNCOR to release their SOC as a speeding ticket and be done with it.
Notice there is only one more presentation scheduled. January 22, 2014
Last year IVAN went to the Canadian Oil Sands Summit to which it is on February 11, 2014.
I wonder if they are done with presentations
Institutions will buy after the news.
They are very conservative fair weather investors not speculating gamblers
I am giving IVAN more of my money. I placed an order for 12K @ .385
I believe that we are close to the bottom and ready to get good news.
So far there has not been any news to drive this price up. no news is causing this price to float down.
Within the 19 trading days I would expect news before the price falls to .29 range
I also believe in Santa so we shall see
I would expect the executives to sell for tax purposes. This will drive the share price lower and maybe offset any price gains that news may bring.
The executives will make up their losses with the bonuses they receive
That it knows of no reason for the decrease in the Company's share price. There have been no material adverse developments or circumstances with respect to the Company's activities that would explain this sudden drop.
The Ivanhoe Energy executive management team is committed to the Company's success and remains optimistic that 2013 and 2014 will see significant progress in its priority areas.
"should the company choose to participate further in the contract. "
Why would IVAN add the above statement. Are they considering not continuing in Ecuador.
I agree and apparently the market agrees also with gv.
The stock price has not tanked as if it is the end of the world. More waiting is needed for any official progress news.
If SBM reports that IVAN's technology is a success then the governments of Canada and Ecuador will welcome Ivan as a viable sustainable company. If SBM has any negativity then both governments may do nothing until Ivan goes away and sell all assets.
First time they changed from a parent company level to a project level.
Does this mean they intend to go belly up but continue operations as a project.
Continuing as a going concern is dependent upon attaining future profitable operations to repay liabilities arising in the normal course of operations and accessing additional capital to develop the Company’s properties. Ivanhoe intends to finance its future funding requirements through a combination of strategic investors and/or public and private debt and equity markets, either at a parent company level or at the project level, and through the sale of interests in existing oil properties
Numbers are not the issue, it's the forward looking statements that we should be concerned with.
Block 20 - Ecuador is getting scary.
The existing contract appraisal period is scheduled to expire on December 31, 2013. A second stage, the Pilot stage, would then begin and last for up to three years. The Company is actively engaged in discussions with the Government of Ecuador on how best to manage the Pilot Stage of the existing contract, in light of the ongoing discussions related to the proposed joint financial participation agreement.
Tamarack - Canada. Looks like IVAN stopped trying to settle the remaining Statements of Concern and rely totally on the government
Ivanhoe continues to press for resolution of the Tamarack project application with the Alberta Energy Regulator (AER). The Company remains diligent in responding to the regulator, but the regulatory timeline is within the AER's control.
Nyalga - Mongolia. IVAN has the government approval and an extension also. A partner could /should be on board but for some reason no partner as of yet.
The Government of Mongolia confirmed the extension of the Company's Production Sharing Contract (PSC) for a two year period, expiring in July 18, 2015. As part of the Company's efforts to refocus our global activities, it is actively pursuing potential candidates to purchase or farm-in on the Mongolian PSC.
So when they say that Ivanhoe can sustain basic operations into 2014. Do they mean they will get loans to continue operations until Tamarack Partner and Potential divestiture of Nyalga happens in 2014, or will they go bankrupt, hurt the common stock holder, and continue operations until the money starts to come in.
Ivanhoe can sustain basic operations into 2014 which could mean January 2, 2014