Their profit and stock price is up massively, over 100% since ACA passage.
Now they are crying wolf, asking for pity because they want more and more.
There IS a way health care consumers can win... simply buy several of these stocks and make out like a bandit.
Health Insurance companies only take 35% of all health care spending in USA.
They need 50% because they are really good at red tape paper pushing.
After all their profit depends on paying out the least to those who DO provide health care.
UNH wants lower payments to providers. Good for us stockholders.
If you shop around you'll find some. Try looking in rural supply stores and farm supply stores.
Sheet metal roofing should last 50 to 60 years and is much less expensive than asphalt shingles.
My father installed zinc coated sheet metal roofing on my farm buildings about 65 years ago and they are starting to show rust spots but don't leak yet. I guess it's time to replace them.
GILD balance sheet from quarter points to good next quarter. I guess investors don't like cash?
Cash, eqv&marktable sec. rose to $25,114,000,000 from $11,726,000,000 (good to have cash)
Accounts receivable, net rose to $06,105,000,000 from $04,635,000,000 (increase for next quarter)
Tot liab & stckholdrs’ equity to $50,637,000,000 from $34,664,000,000 (good for shareholders)
This is a strange market.
This company is in an excellent position to enter the interest rate rising envronment.
y2k and stv are both right at least in the short term.
The REALLY bad update to guidance is Asia where I would think ILMN would be doing well. Not surprised by EU.
Side note: For each $1 billion taxpayer money spent on basic research, 310,000 high paying jobs are created. This is an opportunity for USA to take back the lead in genetic engineering research.... but I very much doubt that will happen because a majority of American politicians don't believe in government funded R&D do they?
Praxair granted patent reveiw related to INOMAX.
July 29, 2015, USPTO denied petitions by Praxair for IPR proceedings on four of five additional Mallinckrodt patents for INOMAX expiring in 2029."
USPTO has not granted Praxair anything yet.
"On September 22, 2015, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s (USPTO) Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) granted requests by Praxair Inc. for an administrative trial proceeding on five U.S. patents related to INOMAX® (nitric oxide) that expire in 2031.
This proceeding is known as an inter partes review (IPR). Praxair’s petitions seek USPTO review of certain claims related to INOMAX which cover gas delivery systems and methods of using such systems. This decision by the USPTO to grant an IPR trial is not a final determination on the patentability of these five Mallinckrodt patents.
Previously, on July 29, 2015, the USPTO denied petitions by Praxair for IPR proceedings on four of five additional Mallinckrodt patents for INOMAX expiring in 2029."
12. Hire an accountant to review CONSISTENCY of data on different pages. For example p/e ratios, earnings, yields vary depending on what page you are looking at. Summary page VS competitor pages. Summary VS earnings estimates pages. Data feed for each element should be the same AND correct. Only ONE accountant looking at these pages would suffice ... backed up by a financial analysts and enough technical programmers to fix it. Use your human resources to ensure Yahoo! Finance is THE leader in financial data accuracy. It will never be completely accurate, but it should be at least 99%.
How about charging each listed company to ensure their data matches their SEC Filings data? Don't list them on Yahoo! Finance if they are NOT. Example: MNK summary page displays totally different earnings than earnings forecast /history page. This makes Yahoo! Finance look like amateurs instead of professionals.
1. Your Yahoo! Finance users are the wealthier than all other categories of users in the world. Recognize this reality.
2. Instead of changing things all the time, focus on completeness and accuracy of financial data presented. Example: Showing only a few equity options, show all. 20 minute delay is ok. And don't tell me it CAN'T be done when you waste money on hundreds of useless changes and acquisitions.
3. Higher wealth user, you value time. Maximize user efficiency on Yahoo! Finance. Example: Making me click 5 times to get most recent 10 messages on an equity message board makes me go to your competitor.
4. Stop changing "how" things work. Focus on "what" (data accuracy and completeness).
5. Fix "what" you present to maximize efficiency of user time. Another example: Single table of financial data showing as many columns as necessary to cover things like book value and yield on the equity comparison page.
6. Provide the capability to subscribe to a Yahoo! Finance version that DOES provide maximum efficiency.
7. Clearly your employees DO NOT use Yahoo! Finance or they would have made improvements long ago. Changing HOW message boards are presented are NOT improvements.
8. Again. Spend your millions on enhancements of WHAT data quality is instead of "how" message boards work.
9. Again. You will NEVER make improvements unless you KNOW your users on Yahoo! Finance.
10. NOT spending more time on efficiency of users AND data completeness is causing me to switch to alternatives more and more frequently.
11. Why not spin off Yahoo! Finance and someone with more focus can make the necessary improvements since whomever makes the decisions over the past 10 years have more interest in playing musical chairs by making "how" it looks instead of "what" is presented.