Mon, Sep 22, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

ModusLink Global Solutions, Inc. Message Board

investing777cpa 25 posts  |  Last Activity: Sep 5, 2014 4:10 PM Member since: Dec 22, 2012
  • investing777cpa investing777cpa Aug 1, 2014 2:50 PM Flag

    You are right, great thoughts by all...I would trend to agree with you about Mr. Market but yet this stock seems to move on pure guesses by the funds that control the price...we were at 3.20 and now under 2 on no news...

    The market hates uncertainty and that's what we have here...I do not think they know more then we do!

    I think the positive news argument is strong but this is now a show me stock...let to many people down to often.

  • investing777cpa by investing777cpa Jul 31, 2014 1:48 PM Flag

    Why would KWK file this "self" registration now? And does anyone know what the "delay" was for filed yesterday 7/30/14? Just seems odd...if this will not happen next week why not wait? if the market knows more than me then its bad news because of the recent drop (earnings are bad and they need money at any cost). Yet we have seen the market drive this stock up 25 or 40 percent on a hunch in recent months...who bought all those shares just a few weeks ago in the $3 range? Would anyone buy that many share without some knowledge of good news? Plus short interest is down.

    1) Is the EOG rumors just nothing? Is the well producing?
    2) Are we going to get a spike on earns/JV news next week and jump on an offering to take out the 2016 bonds?
    3) Does the JV partner want to buy shares in KWK rather than just participant in a JV?

    I would have to think the self registration was filed so they can move quickly on some deal that could include refinancing all the debt with stock and debt and increase production capabilities. I trend to agree with some here who suggested they have the HRB deal and the stock will pop to let them do this soon...

    Any thought would be appreciated...I would like to buy more but thought 2.80 was a good price...wait til the CC at this point and will pay more for some clarity.

  • Reply to

    MLNK files for up to $100M mixed shelf

    by spook2b Jul 7, 2014 9:23 AM
    investing777cpa investing777cpa Jul 11, 2014 11:40 AM Flag

    Good work #$%$....the 50 percent rule is the issue. Basically it means we can not be acquired or the NOLs are limited....but we can acquire other Companies....I think the Bond issue allowed them to get capital they needed right now and not break the NOL rule...there is a time frame to measure the "change in control" maybe three years so Steel can buy more once this window ends. As you point out, dilution would allow Steel to put in more dollars w/o increasing their percentage. But remember... what's best for them is to drive up the stock price because they are the largest shareholder not dilute their/our value.

    Here's my deal was in place when the bonds were issued as stated by MLNK. I think they had a good quarter and the time was right to raise some cash. Could not wait because the QE 4/30 is historically soft. I am sure they want a deal this year maybe more then one.

    They cannot sit on this cash because its expensive so it needs to be put to good use...I am sure they are close to one or more opportunities. The latest change, to issue more shares, would make my think they have a bigger deal in the works...

    What would be be a fair multiple for a large private company...9, 10, 12 times after tax earnings...lets say a Company has $50 million after tax and we pay $500 million (10 times) for us, we get $75 million because we save the taxes at 33.3 percent.

    That's a $25 million tax benefit each year .... what were our earnings last quarter? Just the tax benefit! Found money...

    The only thing holding this stock back is the execution risk...overpaying for a bad business. But Steel is good at this...see WHX Corp now Handy and Harmon.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    MLNK files for up to $100M mixed shelf

    by spook2b Jul 7, 2014 9:23 AM
    investing777cpa investing777cpa Jul 7, 2014 10:25 AM Flag

    This seems big news...but as always with this stock no my mind the bigger the better...a $200 million cash deal? or leverage that for something in the $500 million start to realize those tax benefits very quickly...tons of value in the tax benefits...GO Mlnk

  • investing777cpa investing777cpa Jun 26, 2014 10:01 AM Flag

    Not sure...was it just the electronic voting issue? Might mean they need to move on some deals and the next board meeting is not for three months (guessing).

    I am with 123...they have $90 million to buy some profitable companies...they have a good track record in acquisitions...I work near Olympic Manufacturing Group (acquired years ago by HNH); they are busy all the time...would love MLNK to find one like that...

    I hear good deals are hard to keep the may take some time.

3.71-0.12(-3.13%)Sep 22 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.