Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Global Geophysical Services, Inc. Message Board

investtxs 49 posts  |  Last Activity: Mar 25, 2015 12:22 PM Member since: Jan 20, 2005
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • I have invested in AEZS and like their prospects with AEZS-108 for several different cancers. This is what the company is all about now and they will certainly have a large opportunity if the drug is approved.

    I have scoured the internet to try and find some information - at least anecdotal - of the results of the trials. From what I read, the drug seemed to perform well against prostate cancer. Then there was a story about modifying the trial. I can find no information on why. Does anyone know?

    As far as cash goes, that means very little at this point. The company is burning through cash as they try and get the trials finished. The cash diminishes every month unless they dilute further. They need to get AEZS approved for endometrial cancer, prostate cancer and perhaps several others with the LHRH receptor.

    If the trails fail or do not show enough efficacy, the company will most likely fail as well. I am really optimistic about the trials however. In vitro and in vivus, the drug looks effective and does not have the terrible side effects of Doxorubicin by itself.

    Does anyone have any indications of the results? PSA lowered in prostate? Tumor reduction in endometrial cancers?

    Sentiment: Buy

  • investtxs investtxs Mar 24, 2015 3:07 PM Flag

    I'm glad to see that I got some people thinking about why we are seeing such poor performance with the stock. It is an indication that investors lack confidence in the current management and their ability to transition to a device marketing company. Investors have voted with their shares. And, it appears to be a no-confidence vote.

    I made a substantial investment in the company because I liked the product and believed that they could quickly capitalize on the marketing opportunity that approval provided. Instead, they have yet to have any implants that investors know of. They have apparently abandoned the Australian market even though they stated that they were only waiting for approval to begin rolling out the product.

    I have been investing in stocks for over 30 years. I have made mistakes in the past but have been doing rigorous research for the last decade before making any investment. I am down about 40% since approval. Why is this? Because the company has not done what I expected to get the product to market.

    For all of those that think this is a temporary problem, I hope you are right. From my experience, poor performance like this does not change until there is a change in the BOD, management or both.

    I own and run my own business and have run several in the past. I can't imagine giving myself a raise before current investors see growth,profits, and roi. .

    I won't post about ETRM any more. I have accepted that I made a bad investment. I will continue to hold until we get some news about marketing progress. I don't have much confidence that this will turn things around in the short term. I expect that there will be a lot of selling if/when this moves up because there are bound to be many investors that want out sooner rather than later.

    Good luck to you all. I wish I would have sold and shorted around 1.20 like I considered. Unfortunately,i missed the opportunity. I am hoping for news that will move the price up but I'm not expecting much.

  • What a slap in the face to current shareholders. No revenue and no plan explained as to how the company will be able to have a return on the investment for current and new shareholders. Now management feathers their own nest through further dilution to pay themselves hefty bonuses. And, no information on what management must achieve to receive these bonuses.

    I would think that management would be happy to enjoy a higher priced stock since they have already issued themselves large amounts of stock. But, apparently they aren't expecting any increase in the stock or shareholder equity since they are taking cash from the business before any indication that they can make this company profitable.

    I will gladly be the lead plaintiff in any action. I am disgusted with the performance of Enteromedics.

  • Reply to

    GIVE ETRM A CHANCE TO SELL VBLOC

    by adelfig Mar 20, 2015 11:55 PM
    investtxs investtxs Mar 21, 2015 10:28 PM Flag

    Deutrax,

    I share your concerns about the lack of a marketing strategy. I don't think the risk of a competitor is much of a concern at this point. We saw how long it took ETRM to get the device through phase I/II/III trials. It will be the same for anyone trying to bring a similar device to market.

    They have a lot of value in the approved technology. They don't seem to know how to capitalize on it. The best thing for shareholders would be to partner, license, or sell the technology and/or company to someone that can get this moving.

    The company could continue to work on approval for the technology for other conditions. They have a track record of getting through approvals. They don't have a track record of commercializing a product and the share price is an indication of the lack of confidence in their ability (imo).

    Although we have heard that implants will start in May, we don't have any idea of how many we should expect going forward. This makes it impossible to project any return on investment (imo).

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to

    Management Is Shell Shocked By Low Stock Price

    by dctrig Mar 19, 2015 4:15 PM
    investtxs investtxs Mar 21, 2015 4:28 PM Flag

    Investors have every reason to believe that current management is not capable of commercializing this technology(imo). They did an adequate job of gaining FDA approval for the device. But now the company needs a strong commercial leader to bring the device to market. They are way behind on getting the device implanted and accepted by patients, Drs, and the market.

    ETRM board needs to face the fact that the market does not have confidence in the current management to transition ETRM into a commercially operating specialty device company. Just look at what has happened to the share price since approval. I want to see the board work towards correcting this by either replacing current management, seeking to sell the company or technology to a capable marketing company, or partner with a device company that can capitalize on this new FDA approved device.

    Investors are at great risk of further dilution that will cause further losses for investors while not having enough revenue and profit in the short-medium term to continue the poor roll-out that we are suffering through. Time is of the essence. The current plans are way too slow in my opinion and create too much risk for current or new investors.

    The marketing plan along with revenue projections and profit margins need to be explained to investors now. We lack enough information (imo) to make informed investment decisions at this point. Hope and patience are not valid ways to make a determination whether investors will make a reasonable return on this investment.

    We have heard that they expect to start implants in May. We do not know how many and if implants will continue daily, weekly, monthly or any way to project revenue or growth.

    Too much time has passed (imo) at this point without any information on the roll-out or plans going forward.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • I tried to get some shares at .655 for several days. I raised the bid to.66 and it still wouldn't fill. I finally changed it to .686 and got filled. The last time this happened, the price rose quickly after management updated the progress at a conference. I am hoping that the earnings report and conference call will have the same result this time.

    I really like the prospects going forward. I am still concerned about getting the migraine drug to market.The ingredient supplier problem has delayed the approval much too long. The company said they expect to get this done around the end of the year. If IGXT can get this done, I expect a move over $1. This could be a big seller and prove the companies technology for other drugs.

    The really good news for shareholders is that Forfivo sales and government loans should keep IGXT from having to issue more shares. Dilution is a killer for the price of many development stage pharma companies. That doesn't look like a problem for IGXT holders.

    The manufacturing facility will also add value. Expected to be up and running this year. FDA inspections and approval should come in 2017. Does anyone know the status of the facility at this point?

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • investtxs investtxs Mar 16, 2015 1:25 PM Flag

    demens,

    I am a disappointed investor. They had several years getting the product approved, implanted, and Drs trained. I wish they would have had the product ready to go to market when it was approved....at least to cash payors. The delay is what is depressing the stock price. There also has not been any solid indication of the demand.

    As a shareholder and investor, I am looking for roi. It is not "bashing" to express disappointment and opinions on what will make the stock more valuable. As far as being foolish, investors that refuse to evaluate their investments regularly are generally those that are easily separated from their money. That is foolish imo.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • investtxs investtxs Mar 14, 2015 2:43 PM Flag

    Well, that will certainly be bad for the share price. They can get another extension from the Nasdaq in the short-term. We should see results of the 108 phase III before that is necessary. If results are good, the price could easily get back over $1. If bad, watch out below.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • I listened to part of the investor presentation but fell asleep. Not the most dynamic, investor oriented presentation. They really need an evangelist that can promote the product and company. I imagined a Steve Jobs type person (although he was definitely one of a kind) with a brief introduction and then a dramatic reveal of the device that will "change how we treat obesity" . Didn't happen.

    One big concern is the slow movement to get the implants started. This is keeping the share price depressed. They will need to raise capital before long and it will cause more dilution than I believe is necessary with the depressed stock price. They really need to get the stock moving up.

    A large, well capitalized partner could really get the product moving. I don't think a handful of internal sales persons will do it. I have seen many partner agreements include milestone payments that limit the need to raise capital. That would certainly help the share price in the short run.

    It would also make sense to me to just sell the company now. With a potential several hundred million in annual sales, the company would be worth multiples of the current share price. I hope we will see the large funds and investors push this. The stock and product sales are going nowhere right now. It is their fiduciary responsibility to protect shareholders and get the most value for the company. I don't see this happening with the way things are going now. Something needs to change in my opinion.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • I have done a lot more research on AEZS and the AEZS-108 drug.

    First, the Macrilen drug looks like it may not make it to market in the US. Does anyone know if it will be made available in China or Europe? With the small potential market and problems with the FDA, I doubt that AEZS will pursue this further. Other opinions?

    AEZS-108 looks like it could be effective against many cancers. Because they have discovered the LHRH receptor is present in many cancers, this looks like an excellent pathway into the cancer cells. And, since it is not present in most normal cells, it is a targeted approach that may limit side effects.

    One thing that does concern me is the presence of the LHRH receptor on the pituitary gland, reproductive organs and hematopoietic stem cells. The drug may affect these normal cells. Does anyone know if the Phase II study found any problems with blood or organs?

    Apparently, there was some issue with hematological toxicity - the study conclusions said it "was rapidly reversible, and non-hematological toxicities were usually not severe, causing few deviations from scheduled treatment".

    It looks like AEZS-108 is still much less toxic than many of the chemotherapy regimens. That leads me to believe that AEZS-108 may well end up being an excellent treatment for several cancers. "The LHRH receptor is aberrantly present on the cell surface of approximately 80% of endometrial and ovarian cancers, 86% of prostate cancers and about 50% of breast cancers" according to Wikipedia.

    The Estrogel product looks like it will bring in some well needed revenue but I am concerned that it won't be able to cover the expense of so many sales people with only the one product to sell. Opinions on Estrogel and in-house sales force?

    I am long AEZS again now that I have researched this some more. What will be the next catalyst to move the stock? Will we have to wait for Phase III results?

    Sentiment: Buy

  • investtxs investtxs Mar 10, 2015 9:55 PM Flag

    Yes. It looks promising and a new way to block metastasis. I emailed the company and asked if they were enrolling in trials and how they would finance activities going forward.

    Thanks for the tip even though I may have missed it.

  • Reply to

    I am new to AEZS - blind luck save me last week

    by investtxs Mar 10, 2015 9:26 PM
    investtxs investtxs Mar 10, 2015 9:36 PM Flag

    My memory was wrong. I actually bought AEZS at .774 and sold at .796 last week. Didn't make much but was out for the big drop. I am back in at .515.

  • I bought AEZS early last week and then sold around .80 because I realized I knew little about the company. I had it on a list of stocks that I recently started following and noticed the spike around .72 and bought 20k shares. Luckily, I was out when news of the dilution came. I bought back that morning at .515. I am looking to sell again around .56 but wonder what others think about holding this for news from the phase 2 trial of zoptarelin doxorubicin. How long will it be before there is news?

    What about Macrilen? Is it dead? Can they get it FDA approved?

    Do they have enough cash now to fund zop through FDA submission?

  • investtxs investtxs Mar 10, 2015 9:13 PM Flag

    Sarge,

    That was a huge find. I missed it. Looks like there are a huge number of shares outstanding and less than $100k cash left. I wouldn't chase it at this point. How did you find this? From the newsletter that promoted it?

    I sure would like to hear of any other finds like this. Keep them coming and I will definitely be checking the message board.

    Investtxs

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to

    shortin

    by ragbul Mar 2, 2015 3:54 PM
    investtxs investtxs Mar 2, 2015 9:01 PM Flag

    I'm not sure where you are getting your data. The Nasdaq reports short interest twice a month and shows no short interest from the last report.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    It's about the stock price

    by investtxs Feb 19, 2015 11:56 PM
    investtxs investtxs Feb 21, 2015 12:02 PM Flag

    SAI, I'll look into those this weekend. It usually takes me a while to review numbers, volume and market sentiment. Like I said, I prefer to buy stocks that are showing strength rather than trying to catch a bottom. I'll see how these look to me and let you know.

  • Reply to

    It's about the stock price

    by investtxs Feb 19, 2015 11:56 PM
    investtxs investtxs Feb 20, 2015 9:44 PM Flag

    SAI...now that's funny. It can't be all that bad. Sometimes I think I should just do the opposite of what I want with stocks. Short the ones I like and go long on the ones that look like dirt. But in reality, I have been reasonably successful holding short term and taking profits when I have some good gains. You can't go broke taking profits.

  • Reply to

    It's about the stock price

    by investtxs Feb 19, 2015 11:56 PM
    investtxs investtxs Feb 20, 2015 9:31 PM Flag

    Thunder...could happen. I have quite a few shares so I may end up holding some. I'll have to see how the order fills. For you and the other longs, I hope you will have something happen to move this. Good luck to you with all your investments.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to

    It's about the stock price

    by investtxs Feb 19, 2015 11:56 PM
    investtxs investtxs Feb 20, 2015 9:19 PM Flag

    Yes, John, it looks to me like it will be a while before the stock moves up much. Management has accomplished a lot but the market hasn't rewarded the company with a larger market cap. I really wanted to see announcement of some centers ready to start implementing the procedure now. There may be good reasons they are moving slow. I won't second guess that. Just not what I was looking for.

    The time frame this will take doesn't fit my trading style. Announcement of a secondary offering could quickly move this below a dollar by diluting the shares.They will need cash to execute their plans while having little to no revenue. I don't expect this but it is a possibility that influences my opinion.

    In the long run, this looks like a good company and I expect it to rise to a much larger market cap. If it gets diluted too much, this may hold the price down. I'll be back in when some of this is sorted out. I prefer to buy stocks when they have been moving up consistently than hold and wait to get back to break-even. Been in that trap too many times before.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to

    It's about the stock price

    by investtxs Feb 19, 2015 11:56 PM
    investtxs investtxs Feb 20, 2015 8:56 PM Flag

    SAI, Well.how about you go first? I was too busy working today to get an order in. I want to get at least close to the top of the current trading range...maybe 1.21. Even a few cents is another 5% at this level. Hindsight is 20-20 but I wish I would have sold a few weeks ago because I really liked FB at the $73 level. It has moved up to $80 now. I'll get the sell order (limit) in before the market opens on Monday. So look for the pop Tuesday! Good luck to you.

    Sentiment: Hold