yes, it's called myself and my 107k shares of zqk
whether you or I like it or not, the truth is the truth.
you can say blind things or only good things if you want, but that dosen't help anyone.
I can answer that question, it's because going under does not mean going out of business.
chapter 11 liquidates, chapter 7 reorganizes. However, in both scenerio the shareholders usually gets wiped out. That's why bk is used as last resort. why does shares plummet when ceo gets canned? it's because internal results clearly shows no improvement. The same thing can be said for Radioshack who opens dozen new stores only to go under month later.
As I said, daily trading isn't really relavent right now unless it's news driven. corrections are coming in two weeks when ER is due and anything can happen. NQ mobile reported today, and shares up at 51% in afternoon trading. zqk can do the same and even more. doubling,tripling in single day for low priced stocks have occured before and will occur again.
Unfortunately, as much as I would like to agree with you, I have a few issues with that.
1. yes they have major assets, but have all completely eroded in the last several years and now net asset is negative (including book value of the brands which are intangible). and debt is too large, interest payment is unsustainable without major growth. Also they are just running out of time/
2. while I have not visited any quiksilver brand stores, online feedbacks from amazon/ebay and alexa web ranking isn't very promosing. They are still over selling stocks, and number of feedbacks being left are less than before indicate lower number of transactions.
3. I bet you if they miss again, they are going to claim they have a wonderfully talented team and blame it on currency, logistics and everyone else again.
3. misconception is that just because a company has job offering, it means they are growing. That is not always true. For example, OCZ (much smaller company than zqk) had 72 open positions when they filed for BK.
4. management team is suppose to be working for the shareholders but they actually have their own agenda. If they really was working for the shareholders, they would have seek strategic partnership or buyout long ago. No announcement of ANYTHING since the last earning report while their company shares crash to the ground.
5. Even if they go bk, it dosen't mean they lose their jobs. they will just be working for a new owner. for example, ceo of bankrupted ocz Ralph Schmitt (who was the ceo before bk) is still the ceo of the division under new ownership Toshiba corp.
Why I am holding is because it's cheap, and I believe the company can make some noise causing a short squeeze. in other words I believe rewards are greater than risks. look at PSUN, it nearly doubled in a week on no news, if you look at the chart, it's even sadder than zqk. However, long term view of struggling apparel companies (zqk,app,aro,psun,etc) is bleak if they stay on their own.
it is definately true that history does not indicate future performance, but management can easily change that. It is purely on them on how the stock will move (in the short term). an annoucement of looking for buying alone would prop this up, an offer? even better. If they just want to ride the company to death? since why should they care? in the worst case, they'll be working for a new boss (same company, new owners)
If you believe in the company, you should just get off, stop looking again until 09/09 when the company reports. That's when correction is coming. it can drop to $0.20 and still shoot over a dollar if quarterly report is promising. like-wise, it can be a dollar now and drop to $0.20 if quarter report indicates BK is imminent. pretty much it only depends on you, the shareholder as to what the shares are worth and not the market.
someone dumped a large amount of shares at the close taking out all the bids. bots dosen't replace the bids fast enough and the market closed. It will bounce back tomorrow if there is no bad news pending. so right now, no news is good news.
lol you care less about the terms really?
SG isn't just going to go "hey, I got some cash laying around and I feel nice, so here you go bro " No, even if they were to pay for it, it would be high interest, secured, and/or high equity stake to the company. and then what? is APP on track to making a profit?
The more you borrow, the more difficult it will be to turn things around due to higher interest expense. right now, APP is like the little guy in prison waiting to be executed. Days are counting down on it.
and there is no filing for BK until they have exhausted all other options because shareholders simply wouldn't allow it.
I believe you mean, super high risks with very small chance of huge upside.
you are crazy if you think this have little upsides. the volatility/day traders/short squeeze alone can prop this up 30,40% in a single day on ANY positive news. The company dosen't even have to actually turn around or show any results. just a positive announcement can do the trick.
they were granted options as part of their incentives for the job. There is no irony, it is a normal thing when company shuffles, promotes or hires new executives.
analyst estimates is one thing, actual results are another. Hate to say it, but analysts have been wayyyy off on their estimates on the performance of this company for a very long time.
this was already known months ago, just go look on quiksilver;s investor relation page.
I prefer not to have my shares go down to $0.10 first.
but reality is, even thou 3.5 million shares of APP were traded today, that's worth a whooping....$700k....
so that means even small time funds can manipulate the shares how they want.
I am hoping for an buyout offer.
right, unfortunately stock holders are running out of time with debts and liabilities piling up
There needs to be a reason for the increase otherwise it's just going to come right back down.
The company is in terrible condition with no signs of improvements. buyout or merger is the only thing you can hope for. any capital injections at this point will come with horrible terms.
you are going to need a pump from the company for that to happen, and zqk dosen't like to pump out news very often.
they just need to say a few words "we are looking to sell the company" and boom double in a week.
but you do know that of quiksilver's entire revenue, only 10% comes from department stores. (stores that isn't quiksilver or surf apparel)
which means roughly $35 million divided across ALL the retailers around the globe that carries Quik's appaeral. a Whole 6 extra stores, you maybe gained $50000 in revenue each quarter.