While I agree that a message board isn't the best place to look for stock advice, it is a decent place to start and is fine a one small part of your research. For those who are "long" there was a bullish case made a few weeks ago by Barron's which should be easy to find.
The 200 day moving average would be a decent place to start a position especially if it holds that level—that would put you roughly in the $3.54 range. Don't buy all at once and have an exit strategy and you'll do fine.
Laugh now, but he's probably not far off. Pretty strong resistance at current levels and when this moves it usually does so without looking back. I'd say it's taking a well deserved breather at $3.60-3.70.
I'm glad to see others asking the same question—my jaw hit the ground after seeing the close price and zero mention of a dividend payment. Doesn't 5% seem really high? Maybe not, but higher than past dividend payments. Hope something shows up on Monday.
So called "old lady clothing" isn't a bad business niche to focus on—unfortunately they didn't market them selves well to the people who were their core customers and their customers stopped identifying with their brand positioning. Just look at their website, their models did not and do not represent their core customer base.
The market is certainly responding as if a buyout is not in the cards—not to say that it won't happen.
Earnings release is available on BRCD website.
The resulting GAAP diluted earnings-per-share (EPS) was $0.14 for Q4 and $0.45 for fiscal 2013, up 27% and 10% year-over-year, respectively. Non-GAAP diluted EPS was $0.24 for Q4 and $0.80 for fiscal 2013, up 41% and 21% year-over-year, respectively.
Buy back numbers look pretty strong too, if call goes well I think we're going to see a move past $8.41.
Are you kidding? BRCD has an activist in Blue Harbour Group—since they've been around BRCD has announced a 1 billion dollar buyback of common. For a company with a 3.5–4 billion dollar market cap that's huge and VERY shareholder friendly. You've also had a 40% move up ytd, with the lion share of that (and then some) all in the last 6 months.
He said he trimmed 1/3 of his charitable fund's position. He's bound to be right eventually. Next time try to be a bit more accurate with your statements.
Agreed—the guiding hand of activist investor Steel Partners should server the company well. I certainly prefer the steady price pops over multiple days and weeks we're seeing as opposed to a huge one day move. As more and more retail investors rediscover this left for dead company they'll be in a strong position to see real gains as big money moves in. That being said I think there is a ways to go until coverage is initiated and this gets on anyones radar—still speculative and in stealth mode IMO.
Thinking of this company as it was 1, 3, or 5 years ago will color your opinion for sure.
Watching and I think you may be right—down drafts can happen so I'm going to hold my strike price where it is, but I do agree we seem to have leveled out at this point.
No really sure what you're asking, but I've traded in and out of various biotech stocks for about a decade. In my post I should have said 25% over the course of two days—I fully understand BT stocks often experience radical swings both directions, but big share moves are almost always driven by panic selling or chasing after positive news.
I'm long here as a trade and see $1.35-1.40 as a possibility due to panic selling—obviously this is my opinion which is why people post.
Are you guys being serious? A 25% plus drop seems pretty panic driven--I do agree it may lead to a good trade, but weak hands do seem to be in panic sell mode. I would not be surprised to see it re-test 1.31-1.35.
Testing resistance and then building strength in the base—this is much better long term than blasting through $4 and then getting a rash of short hold selling.