Mon, Jan 26, 2015, 6:09 PM EST - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

ERBA Diagnostics, Inc. Message Board

jagans22 45 posts  |  Last Activity: Jan 22, 2015 11:35 AM Member since: Jun 25, 2003
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    The Bottom Line

    by summerof1984 Jan 22, 2015 10:23 AM
    jagans22 jagans22 Jan 22, 2015 11:35 AM Flag

    summer....this is somewhat a traders stock. It fluctuates between 9.50 and 11 and well in the interim if you can pick it up below 10 then cash in on the div. then it's a bonus! I've made some money on this trading 1k shares over the past year. i would never risk much more than that and don't see too much upside beyond 11. I recently again picked it up at 9.8...will sell if it hits above 10.75. nickels and dimes will add up to dollars.

  • Reply to

    if by chance if it is delayed

    by jagans22 Jan 22, 2015 7:38 AM
    jagans22 jagans22 Jan 22, 2015 11:07 AM Flag

    brother this is just a msg board and chatter...not taking anything as fact just trying to gather some consensus on swings either way...love to see 35 on approval however unrealistic.

  • what is the expected downside to the PPS? Also on the flip side if approved what gain can be expected? i understand these are just best guesses.

  • Reply to

    Last Few Days......

    by sahmdars Jan 18, 2015 10:49 AM
    jagans22 jagans22 Jan 20, 2015 10:05 AM Flag

    let me flip a coin it will either be heads or tails...you do well at guessing both sides of the coin. in one statement you state "strongly that it will be approved" then immediately after you say maybe not by the 24th...pick a position!

  • jagans22 by jagans22 Jan 17, 2015 8:51 PM Flag

    I was doing a little backtracking and looking at volume and notice on 1/2/2014 ERB traded a million plus shares. Also noticed that as of late we haven't even had a 100K plus scenario. that volume was not uncommon in the 1st half of 2014...let's hope volume accumulation picks up as well as SP!

  • Reply to

    good day

    by jagans22 Jan 16, 2015 3:38 PM
    jagans22 jagans22 Jan 16, 2015 7:23 PM Flag

    PR's are okay but ultimately when we get analyst coverage then ERB will get the attention of Institutional investors. When volume picks up we'll see larger increases. Also i am hoping that we see some of the ERB families converge into a singular company...currently the parts combining are what will bring this to the 20-40 level...erb by itself will unlikely reach such levels.

  • jagans22 by jagans22 Jan 16, 2015 3:38 PM Flag

    i hope this run continues...it would be great if we could get some additional analyst coverage after the conference. that would give ERB a nice boost.

  • It had a similar run last year then started a hard trend down in Feb. Hopefully this trend continues north. I see no reason for a selloff like last feb. Anyone have any further insights. Snowman i read your report. With all the additional sales folks are they contributing to ERB us directly or are they sell for all the companies. Again I would love to see consolidation of some of the extended family. Did they mention anything of that nature in at the conference? 20+ only if that consolidation happens else ERB usa will have difficulty breaching 5

  • jagans22 by jagans22 Dec 22, 2014 5:45 PM Flag

    that's all i can say about todays death roll...i'm still up but my last 4 purchases of GILD are under water as of today :0(...
    that being said i think insurance companies will now face more scrutiny by both govts and citizens; one cannot hold a citizen hostage for best treatment based on price; why then do cancer patients get treatment?

    let's all stay clear of hep C and all major illness-you insurance won't cover it! happy holidays!

  • Reply to

    finalization

    by jagans22 Dec 18, 2014 2:31 PM
    jagans22 jagans22 Dec 20, 2014 9:19 PM Flag

    what do you mean that one could get less than 8.97?

  • Reply to

    finalization

    by jagans22 Dec 18, 2014 2:31 PM
    jagans22 jagans22 Dec 19, 2014 8:48 AM Flag

    i guess i should have rephrased that. when will the actual deal close? I tried asking schwab but they were not at all sure. That's why i turned to the board. I set a sell price of 8.97 but am still perplexed as to whether or not there is a dividend involved. Earlier i thought the deal would close in Jan or sometime in 1st quarter. Again just looking for more details. As per the shareholders vote I was sent a proxy so I think they do have a cumulative say. I actually voted against.

  • jagans22 by jagans22 Dec 18, 2014 2:31 PM Flag

    does anyone know when the final acceptance date for the sale of cimt will be?

  • Reply to

    reverse split

    by jagans22 Dec 2, 2014 3:02 PM
    jagans22 jagans22 Dec 2, 2014 5:02 PM Flag

    nope just checked it today.

  • Reply to

    Buyout price too low!!!!

    by stoxnbondz Nov 24, 2014 7:51 AM
    jagans22 jagans22 Nov 24, 2014 2:06 PM Flag

    agreed..,i guess more wishful thinking than anything. hindsight being 20/20 shoulda sold when it was in the 10's

  • Reply to

    Buyout price too low!!!!

    by stoxnbondz Nov 24, 2014 7:51 AM
    jagans22 jagans22 Nov 24, 2014 8:26 AM Flag

    yes this totally sucks. i was willing to wait for their growth and now tihs is almost a loss at this price my cost avg was less than 6.5 but really this is just pathetic. defn seems fishy here. I'm almost sure there is some back room deal where key executives are getting the lions share of it. ultimately disappointed. I really was thinking mid teens or higher as an acquisition. completely baffled!

  • Reply to

    Here's your home work assignment.

    by gettysburgjuly123 Nov 21, 2014 6:15 PM
    jagans22 jagans22 Nov 22, 2014 8:01 AM Flag

    G-very old articles and ultimately we need fresh upward sales/consolidation and well institutional accumulation. I had a though that Vizarani owns so many shares (i think over 75% of float) Why doesn't he invite large institutional investors on board? I've always wondered why he keeps such tight control.

  • jagans22 by jagans22 Nov 20, 2014 4:02 PM Flag

    has totally dried up...8k shares is so paltry. When and where did ERB fall of the radar? At the conferences they really need to push themselves as a growth story else we may very well lag between 2-4 for who knows how long. Volume is concerning for sure.

  • Reply to

    HIMX will be bought out

    by jagans22 Nov 18, 2014 6:04 PM
    jagans22 jagans22 Nov 18, 2014 6:51 PM Flag

    ultimately it will be intc...they need more presence in Mobile, TV, and automotive...HIMX has all three!!! the only unfortunate thing is it will only be a 40% premium max :(

  • They are working on display technology and drivers for such technology large and small (automotive being the largest). They are one of the leaders in that area. Granted they lost a big customer last year b/c that company's sales were lagging. In short several companies have shown strong interest (google is not one). The premium may not be huge but 30-40% from current pricing. If it's not bought out I continue to increase my position as the upside to their technology moving forward is large. GTLA

  • It's odd GILD did the same thing back in mar-apr. But this time it's done it 2x in Oct-Nov. This feels a bit volatile to me considering how well they are selling HVC drugs. What's the groups take on where it will be by years end. My bet is somewhere between 110-120 although the last week will tell you otherwise. We could really use some good news...my cost averaging up is not making me feel good about the retraces. right now the gap up is only $5.00. gtla

ERB
3.66+0.26(+7.65%)Jan 26 4:02 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.