They did a very nice job of holding down the price the past week. My guess we finish 7.79. It doesn't really matter as I am not selling until April 2014.
EPS of $0.13! That would be killer. The analysts estimates range between -$0.06 and $0.18 with a mean of $0.08. I expect $0.08 to $0.10.
The big issues outside of profits are:
1. The closing of the Microsoft deal;
2. The next CEO and company leaders;
3. The forward guidance;
4. Reinstatement of a dividend;
5. Issuing a special dividend (unlikely); and
6. Repurchasing shares (share buyback, also unlikely).
A reinstatement dividend is a given. The question is whether or not there will be a special dividend or a share buyback. I would guess neither.
I am not sure the reasoning behind it but it jsut allows me to pick up more shares at a substantially lower price. I added 45,000 shares at an average of 7.665.
ESPOO, Finland - Nokia Corporation today announced that it has signed an agreement to enter into a transaction whereby Nokia will sell substantially all of its Devices & Services business and licence its patents to Microsoft for EUR 5.44 billion in cash, payable at closing. Nokia expects to book a gain on sale of approximately EUR 3.2 billion, and expects the transaction to be significantly accretive to earnings.
The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2014, subject to approval by Nokia shareholders, regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
I love momo's argument-- Why buy Nokia when you can buy Blackberry?
1. Blackberry is losing money hand over fist. Nokia makes a profit;
2. Blackberry can't sell its handset division, period. Much less than receive $7.2 BILLION for it;
3. Nokia's collects substnatial more royalties for its patents than Blackberry;
4. NSN is the market leader in LTE/5G network communications and growing. Blackberry Enterprise Servers (BES) is receding.