"We are very pleased with our significant progress in transforming Mallinckrodt into a leading specialty biopharmaceutical company. In fiscal 2016, we will execute against our long-term plan, building our Hospital and Autoimmune and Rare Diseases strategic growth platforms in the Specialty Brands segment through a balance of organic growth and continued pursuit of strategic business development and licensing opportunities," said Mark Trudeau, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mallinckrodt. "Our diverse portfolio, operational excellence and strong cash position enables us to focus on driving durable and sustained growth long term."
Seems they expect at least 30% growth in 2016 from the specialty brands segment (Acthar included!).
So it looks like things about acthar was way overblown like usuall by the shorts.
I'm happy with this news and glad i added shares yesterday :-)
I strongly believe we will hear good news today for the reasons i will mention here below.
1. VERY IMPORTANT! Lots of insiders have been buying the stock over a month ago in the 80's range and remember THEY KNOW whats going on in the company better then any investor or analyst (or short for that matter).
2. We are lower in PPS then before all the accretive acquistions (Questcor, Ikaria & Therakos), its like we don't make money at all, which in fact is we are still growing and making LOTS of money.
3. I believe the reason they are showing "historical financial information excluding Contrast Media and Delivery Systems (CMDS)" is to better explain to investors WHY they sold it. There has been some confusing among some investors why they would sell so cheap while it was still accretive to EPS. This is some speculation on my part.
4. I personally don't see (Hillary Clinton or anyone else) be able to do much against ODD (orphan drug designation)/ high priced drugs. For the simple reason that IF they would stop the high price drugs for small rare diseases then there won't be any companies willing to spend 100 of millions of dollars on a drug for a small population in which they can only charge a small price for the drug, its just not profitable for a company let alone investors will not invest for that reason. And patients with rare diseases would NOT be helped and could end up suffering more or even possibly die sooner.
5. I don't think they would do a business update so soon after Q4 ended if it wasn't good news, they could have waited till half november and see if business would do better before reporting bad news.
6. We know thanks to mikey that Paid script data is VERY high this quarter compared to last quarter and this also could be a reason why insiders starting buying our undervalued shares.
I'm sure there are other things that other people can add to this list that are positive.