If Baupost has held this pig THIS long, another year won't be a problem. Like the rest of us, I am sure they realize that after two years of suppressing the stock of IMOS, the company will have plenty of motivation to RAISE the price of 8150 after the consolodation. And finally, as the price of 8150 recovers to $50nt, IMOS shareholders who hold thier adr's will finally reach fair value for their shares. At which point they will finally be able to escape this crooked institution called Chipmos.
PDP new hardware not available until the fall. Until then Madcatz continues to sell and support all products. Will allow them to thoroughly clean out all on hand inventory at full retail, thus higher margins. Plus hopefully they will receive a buyout fee from Harmonix. Madcatz took its share of heat for the poor sales of RB4, but HMX was solely responsible for the marketing of the game, and there was virtually none.
This is a good move for Madcatz as it will allow them to focus sales and inventory dollars on higher-margin product lines. Karen has right-sized operations to the point that the company can break even on roughly $22M a quarter in revenues.
Chipbond 2Q16 revenues to rise up to 15%, says report
Jessie Shen, DIGITIMES, Taipei [Tuesday 1 March 2016]
LCD driver IC packaging and testing house Chipbond Technology is expected to post revenue growth of up to 15% sequentially in the second quarter of 2016, thanks to a ramp-up of orders for TV and smartphone applications, Taiwan's Central News Agency (CNA) quoted market watchers as saying in a recent report.
Chipbond, like Himax, is a Taiwanese company selling into the same channels. Forget VR/AR, TV and smartphones are strong, existing business for Himax, and business is very obviously picking up...
I would be willing to wager that the 100k buy at the open today was an insider buy.
And for those unable to read a balance sheet, any expectation for a current-quarter cash infusion is just blue skies and daisies. Accounts receivable at the end of q3 were almost identical to accounts payable. In other words, as the customers pay the bills, Madcatz pays the manufacturers and other creditors. It's a wash.
Ron, two obvious reasons for abysmal holiday sales of legacy products.
1. Zero presence at brick and mortar in the U.S. And don't give me that Turtle beach spin. Many, many companies do very well selling their wares at Best Buy and Wal mart. Why? Because that's where shoppers GO. Many people don't shop online oe don't want to wait 3 days for their purchase.
2. Their limited cash and lousy contract (read Darren) with HMX resulted in nearly all of their manufacturing to be directed at RB4, leaving little for the legacy products such as racing wheels and gaming mice that we kept hearing were out of stock throughout the holidays.
I think Karen gets this. I think she will turn the company around IF she gets the help and patience needed from the lenders. I DO NOT see $8.27 a share this year or any year. And never did.
P.S. Can we all finally agree that VG Chartz numbers are a fantasy? And that Amazon rankings are inferior to the Charmin brand but are both used for the same thing?
Ceedan, Madcatz is taking a beating at Reddit for the overall lackluster sales of RB4. I would respond that the total failure falls on their beloved Harmonix. HMX rushed out a game that clearly needed more development time just to beat GH Live to market. Even more important, the contract clearly gave responsibility for PROMOTION of the game. Which was abysmal. Non existant. I never saw a single ad for the game, print or tv. To the point that they outright breached the contract, in my opinion. Without any promotion, they were left with the RB niche basket of previous buyers. Potentially a whole new generation of kids and families was excluded because nothing was done to inform the public. If I were Karen, I would tell HMX to pound sand if they don't intend to honor their contract responsibilities going forward.
Micro, you mean Uptabs projection of being debt free in 3 months is off the table?? That pump artist couldn't read a financial statement to save his life.
Ron, very clearly the risk to your model is MARGINS. It is very possible that the Target promotion combined with the heavy returns in the beginning due to mistakes in packing the bundles DESTROYED margins. Thus, even if they pulled off the $80M in revenues, the net profit on those sales could be terrible.
Let's devote this thread to shareholder advice for our new CEO. I will start with 3 suggestions.
1. Change the name of the company and sell no more products with the "Madcatz" logo. The name is cancer. You will never live down the image of cheap, very poorly made gaming products. The Rockband Reddit forum has a story on the resignations followed by about 50 comments about the bad Madcatz reputation.
2. Since the company has virtually no analyst coverage, invite your shareholders to ask questions on the quarterly conference calls, even if they are screened questions.
3. Buy more shares of your stock, and encourage other insiders to do so as well. Hard to convince your shareholders that you expect share appreciation when you do not show the confidence by buying yourselves.