Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Endocyte, Inc. (ECYT) Message Board

jbaaaaa11 112 posts  |  Last Activity: Apr 21, 2015 10:09 PM Member since: Mar 1, 2009
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    bankruptcy to be filed next,Wednesday

    by mdb4403 Jan 28, 2015 4:51 PM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Jan 28, 2015 11:54 PM Flag

    I don't think predicting it will happen next Wednesday is realistic, but it is likely headed that way...maybe before the end of the year. No reason to buy in here unless you like to throw away money imo. This a poorly run company in a bad near term sector. IF you like buying the ugliest house in an ugly neighborhood than this one is for you.

  • Of course nobody gives a #$%$ about their earnings, but they will be updating shareholders at this time. Seems a bit delayed which can be looked at as bad or good. However, given the position the company is in I'd say any positive news will send this back toward $7 at least. Personally, I've been hesitant to add more shares given my current position. I do think it seems to be stabilizing at low $5s and maybe it's worth adding more around $5.20 if it drops back again. I'm looking forward to an update and hope we will soon move up past the single digits.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • That is what I got from IR anyways. Clearly, a significant delay of their qtrly conference call. I'd like to think this could be that they want to finalize plans before speaking out to investors. Hopefully, we will get clearer direction from the company then. Seeing the stock down in the low $5s is discouraging, but I'm hesitant to add shares here as lack of good news and this could be in the low $4s. The last report was encouraging..now let's hope they continue on that track.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to

    Expect company to update investors in early March

    by jbaaaaa11 Feb 13, 2015 2:22 PM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Feb 17, 2015 11:49 AM Flag

    If they make such an announcement it will be viewed as good news and stock will go up quite a bit. Today's move seems to be in line with alot of other small biotechs. Volume is at least encouraging though.

  • Reply to

    Conferences! We should get an update

    by justarook04 Feb 17, 2015 4:13 PM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Feb 17, 2015 4:40 PM Flag

    This seems in line with IR told me. Expect them to report in early March. Probably once they complete these conferences. Remember they have reported study results at these conferences before. Since they really have no earnings to report the cc would focus on the study updates. Clearly, they have delayed the quarterly cc this quarter. Is it simply timing of the conference scheduling or because they have something more substantive to report and/or were waiting for final results. We will find out soon enough either way.

  • Reply to

    Expect company to update investors in early March

    by jbaaaaa11 Feb 13, 2015 2:22 PM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Feb 17, 2015 4:43 PM Flag

    I simply emailed IR from the website and got an email response back stating :
    We are aiming for early March and will issue a press release announcing the details as soon as they are finalized.

  • Reply to

    Hate to bring it up...

    by paintball_is_stellar Feb 18, 2015 11:49 AM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Feb 18, 2015 1:55 PM Flag

    I think the recent selloff could be a combination of shorts and longs selling as news updates were anticipated in early 2015 and not yet provided. I think ahead of the conferences and cc the stock will rebound back up a bit. If the news is as good as last report this stock will run up nicely. Lack of update or news will hurt the stock a bit, but I view the 12 month downside as low to mid $4s with the upside at $10+ so the risk reward is favorable. Additionally, given how low it now trades it won't take much to get this to pop up past $7, especially if short position has grown. So I would hold into the upcoming period and what to see what company has to say.

  • Reply to

    Earnings call

    by brunswicknc Feb 23, 2015 4:05 PM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Feb 23, 2015 5:18 PM Flag

    Hah! I was thing the same thing. We should see a news release tomorrow if they have anything significant to present in NY. They also will be in Boston right after the call. Not that any of this signifies anything, but my guess is the way they have things lined up things are the very least progressing in the right direction. With where the stock is now I'd say with any good news this could move up nicely. Lack of news and we probably retest $5 again.

  • Reply to

    RBC Capital Presentation Summary

    by smiletothebank Feb 24, 2015 4:45 PM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Feb 25, 2015 9:55 AM Flag

    Thanks for the update. Usually we see buying after these conferences. Let's hope we can gain some upside traction ahead of the cc.

  • Reply to

    Time for shorts to Get Out!

    by breadman4910 Feb 25, 2015 10:43 AM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Feb 25, 2015 1:47 PM Flag

    We don't need cheerleaders here. News and results will move the needle here. Spreading the word at conferences helps too.

  • Reply to

    Bristol Myers

    by darren3129 Feb 25, 2015 1:49 PM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Feb 25, 2015 5:05 PM Flag

    That mindset is crazy unless you are just gambling for a homerun. Personally, I'm patient, but also realistic. There are fundamental reasons why this stock is at it's 52 week low beyond manipulation and shorts. Fact is this is a high risk high reward investment. Clearly oversold at these levels, but is more likely to be at $2 in 5 years then $20 just if you look at the odds. In the meantime, I think this will jump back up towards $10 mark with any good news. My realistic expectations are $10-$12 with the next 6-12 months. However, I'm not going hold all my shares waiting for that target. If this runs up towards $7 I'm taking profits as should most investors imo. To suggest when and not if this hits does not make sense. This is an IF it hits investment, not a when it hits investment. Since when is a small cap biotech a sure thing? Buying down at these levels at least gets you in fairly cheap and buys you time, but let's not call this a sure thing by any means. The news is encouraging and it's good to be positive, but we should keep expectations realistic.

  • jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Feb 26, 2015 2:31 PM Flag

    I agree there and that is a good thing long term.

  • jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Feb 26, 2015 3:12 PM Flag

    Nothing wrong with being cautious and trying to protect your investment. If I didn't think there was potential here I wouldn't own. Besides, I wouldn't sell all my shares at $7 just some of my position. That's just my way. I like to keep a core position and then trade around another portion.

  • jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Feb 28, 2015 11:32 AM Flag

    Zacks is a joke. It ranks ECYT on eps and revenues which are meaningless for ecyt at this point.

  • Reply to

    Cash position EOY 2015 will be about $155M

    by justarook04 Mar 2, 2015 8:11 AM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Mar 2, 2015 11:04 AM Flag

    I think the good news here is we should see limited downside over the next 12 months with cash position expected to be $4 a share. As far as the upside, I'm not an expert on the science side, but it appears things will take a bit longer which probably means we won't see any big spike past $10 either in the next several months. I think if things continue to progress the stock could rally up past $7-$8 near term.

  • Reply to

    Cash position EOY 2015 will be about $155M

    by justarook04 Mar 2, 2015 8:11 AM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Mar 2, 2015 12:15 PM Flag

    Well I mention the cash position because it hurts the short side of this stock big time. Clearly, this has a floor of at least $4.50+ over the next 12 months, and that is in a worse case situation where market collapses and no value is assigned to portfolio. So why would anyone short a stock trading near cash value right now? So I think this might drive shorts away from here and that alone should provide a nice bounce for the stock over near term. That said I understand the big picture, but it's also nice to know they are in strong financial position and are not burning alot of cash until they need to.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    Shorts still have some time....

    by smiletothebank Mar 2, 2015 11:53 AM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Mar 2, 2015 2:00 PM Flag

    You are probably right and that is why I will keep a core position and trade around some shares. I do think we run higher past $6.50 or so before the usual selloff back to $5s. But, it is getting harder to short this with the good news out there. Time is the only thing they have in their favor, but even then cash position provides huge support.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    5.50 tomorrow

    by algopredictor Mar 2, 2015 2:56 PM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Mar 2, 2015 3:54 PM Flag

    They have $5+ per share in cash today, and will have $4 in cash at end of 2015. Not saying it won't go back to low $5s, but this has a pretty strong floor for the next year or so.

  • Reply to

    5.50 tomorrow

    by algopredictor Mar 2, 2015 2:56 PM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Mar 2, 2015 6:11 PM Flag

    I think those that bought before the recent run up may have taken some profits. I think the profit taking was a bit premature as I think it has more legs to run up past $6.50 this week. Again, you have to understand some people in this stock are not just in it solely for long run and want to trade it along the way. So while the short price may not matter much to you there are lots of people like me who are long who will trade it as well knowing that it is volatile.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Reply to

    whoopee doo longs

    by algopredictor Mar 3, 2015 3:38 PM
    jbaaaaa11 jbaaaaa11 Mar 3, 2015 4:07 PM Flag

    Not yet..this is going to $6.50 before the pullback. The fact that it ran back into green after profit taking this morning is a sign it could have more upside. Not a very good short anyways since they have a ton of cash. Could make a $1 a share maybe...$1.50..that's not worth the risk to short this.

ECYT
6.170.00(0.00%)Apr 24 4:00 PMEDT