The two most likely scenarios in the next couple of weeks is they easily get the 50% plus shares tendered and the deal is done.Or a second bidder emerges and upsets the apple cart. moving the stock price up to the new bid price.
The unlikely scenario that they don't get 50% plus by 4 may is remote at best..
Once the tender offer begins on 7 apr- 4 may and they successfully get 50% plus of the shares the deal is done and the stock no longer trades on 5 may.Then the remaining shares not tendered will be called in a mandatory tender by your broker.
Of course they can always end the tender offer early once they get 50% plus of the shares tendered and then just do the mandatory tender to get the remaining shares..
If they don't get 50% plus of the shares tendered which is unlikely they can always extend the tender offer date beyond 4 may if they have to.But that scenario is unlikely.
It happens every now and then that I can get the long term tax rate.But unless your very close to that 1 year point its foolish to try to hold when an excellent profit is staring you in the face.When the chances are good that excellent profit may very well not be there when you reach the 1 yr time point.
No but I wish I had.that opportunity.You have to cash in when your short when the opportunity is there.I have a staggering tax bill every year.but when you make money the tax man always gets his cut.
A Savant is never wrong.I made a wrong decision to buy this at $3.50 and am no longer worthy of being called The Savant anymore.Perhaps after 100 more right decisions in a row I will return to The Savant moniker being worthy of the moniker once again..
Always in small bites of course.
with the shoe being on the other foot its not likely the inverse is going to be a rally starter.
Pay no attention to those police officers either when they try to arrest you for being on your own bridge.
Once you own it you can do what you please with it.
There's no title though.Just my bill of sale and my good word that your the owner.
Thats a bit too conservative..I'd say start buying in the 24's tomorrow,average down in small lots and you'll do well.
Although $22-23 may very well be the eventual bottom.
Anybody that buys into that thesis I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn at a bargain price.
After all who wouldn't want to own the Brooklyn bridge?.
My bet is the market doesn't give a hoot about the weak guidance and it remains focused like a laser beam on the very good past results.
After all its all about the past and the future is meaningless..Isn't it?
Happens all the time to over eager fools.
Until then they will pay for their foolish impatience with their losses.
Don't have the very large position here that I've previously had.Will hold the relatively small 30K position I foolishly acquired at ~$3.50 and see what happens.Will not buy more since as a rule I don't like to buy unprofitable companies.
I have bigger fish to fry on my new sailboat at my new Caribbean vacation home bought and paid for with previous two very large short positions here..
A fool and his money are soon parted.
If two of these deviant freaks of nature want to marry each let them do it with their own kind in some filthy dungeon someplace.