Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Collectors Universe Inc. Message Board

jeffreybul23 57 posts  |  Last Activity: Jun 17, 2016 4:20 PM Member since: May 16, 2009
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • XIN's moves.

    Well, the bulls won't like it, but we will see under $5.00 before we see over $6.00.

    I've sold at $5.40, and will be back, once the share price gets back down to under $5.00 again.

    However, they won't stay under $5.00 for long, and the share price will get to $6.00 by next earnings reporting.

    Sell now, buy at a penny under $5.00,and then sell again at $6.00 in two months.

    Sentiment: Sell

  • jeffreybul23 by jeffreybul23 Apr 3, 2016 5:48 PM Flag

    XIN will "touch" $5.00 a share this week. They will ether retest the $4.50 level some more, or settle around $5.00.

    If/when the share price manages to "close" above $5.00, they will hit the radar of many institutional investors, mutual funds, etc. when they can close above the $5.00 level, we'll see $5.50 within the following week.

    The big question is "if they can hold the $5.50 level without retesting $4.50", but when they do hit $5.50, there will be a lot of profit taking, bringing them back down to at least $5.00. Hopefully they can hold above $5.00 with that correction.

    I have a sell order in for my shares around $5.50, and will rebuy if/when they retest the $5.00 level with a correction.

    If I'm mistaken, I'll take my profits from selling at $5.50, and will be jealous of those who hung on longer. GLTA!!!

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 Mar 28, 2016 6:33 PM Flag

    Wouldn't mind that, but they will no longer buy shares, if the share price gets to $10.00.

    $10.00 is companies goal, before stopping buying back shares.

    As long as share price is under $10.00, they will continue to extend buy back program,
    but over $10.00 a share, they will no longer buy back shares.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Week of April 8th...

    by jeffreybul23 Apr 3, 2016 5:48 PM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 Apr 7, 2016 4:50 PM Flag

    step, share price got to $4.98 today, so it it doesn't hit $5.00 tomorrow, the board will say how wrong I was. You have to be exact for these people, as most have no idea how to invest.

    My week of the 8th assessment came true (posted on Sunday), even if two cents away. Will post my assessment for the week of the 15th by Sunday.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Week of April 15th...

    by jeffreybul23 Apr 8, 2016 8:56 PM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 Apr 11, 2016 4:10 PM Flag

    For those "mentally challenged" like Nolic, and Shel, today closed over $5.00, so if tomorrow closes above $5.00, they have enough investors in to keep the share price over $5.00, so we'll see $5.50 by mid next week.

    Again, the first two consecutive days this week will determine the next move. Hopefully tomorrow closes over $5.00, so we'll see $5.50 by Wednesday next week.

    If tomorrow and Wednesday were to be the two first consecutive days down, it'd mean correction down to $4.50. Hopefully the rest of you know what I mean when i say, the first two consecutive days this week will determine the next move.

    GLTA!!! Except the inept persons like nolic, and shel, who I'd rather see lose out.

    Sentiment: Hold

  • Reply to

    Week of April 15th...

    by jeffreybul23 Apr 8, 2016 8:56 PM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 Apr 9, 2016 2:20 PM Flag

    That's funny. Last week you said I was "Wishful thinking" with what I wrote last Sunday, but it happened on Thursday. Maybe one of these days you'll learn, and bow down to your master :-)

    Sentiment: Hold

  • ....common the $4+ price will be. Those who bought at $2.00+ will get out for profit taking, and new investors buying in at $4.00 will be looking for that $8.00 price target.

    As soon as the price closes over $5.00 a share, expect the price to jump to $5.50 really quick (within a week).

    However, the questions is, "can it stay above $5.50 a share"?

    Volume is going up as well, which means they can purchase more shares on any days they are purchasing shares.

    $10.00+ within a year.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Week of April 8th...

    by jeffreybul23 Apr 3, 2016 5:48 PM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 Apr 3, 2016 8:51 PM Flag

    It's 2016, not 2020, and yes, I will be in upstate NY in 2020, right by lake ontario. Winters are tough (wuss' like you couldn't handle it), but the summers are nice, and relaxing.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 by jeffreybul23 Apr 8, 2016 8:56 PM Flag

    I know my critics will say I am playing both sides of the coin, but next week could be the start of a breakout either way.

    It will come down to the first two "consecutive" days.
    If 2 days in a row, closing under $5.00, then we'll see them retest the $4.50 level.
    If 2 days in a row, closing above $5.00, then we'll see them go to $5.50 before testing $5.00 again.

    So, if Monday and Tuesday, or Tuesday, or Wednesday close under $5.00, then $4.50 will come.
    If Tuesday, and Wednesday, or Wednesday and Thursday close over $5.00, then $5.50 will come.

    Watch next week, and what ever happens for two consecutive days, will determine the next 2 weeks.

    Again, if Monday and Tuesday "both" (consecutive days) close over $5.00, you'll see $5.50 within the next week.
    If Monday and Tuesday close under $5.00, you'll see $4.50 be tested again.

    Sentiment: Buy

  • jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 Apr 16, 2016 10:41 AM Flag

    Call me an optimist :-)

    Sentiment: Buy

  • Bought back at $4.88, and have a sell order in at $5.99.

    The company wants the $5.00+ level. Psychologically, it helps them to be noticed, researched, and bought by larger investors, mutual funds, etc..This is an important time to implement the buybacks, to help keep share price continue to close above $5.00, and any large investors who want to make money, will also help the share price stay above the $5.00 mark, so there is strong support at $5.00, so a greater risk to the upside, then the downside.

    Xinyuan will hit the $6.00+ mark "before" 'next earnings. "Buy on the rumor, Sell on the news" applies here. There will be a lot of buying, in anticipating good earnings, which they will be, but investors will be betting on that before hand, and sell for profits after the announcement.

    $6.00+ before earnings release. Buy at this level, and sell at $6.00.

    .

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Week of April 8th...

    by jeffreybul23 Apr 3, 2016 5:48 PM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 Apr 8, 2016 6:33 AM Flag

    Yes, I do, but love when you are wrong, and I am right. Happens a lot :-)

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Week of April 8th...

    by jeffreybul23 Apr 3, 2016 5:48 PM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 Apr 7, 2016 8:01 PM Flag

    Jealous you keep losing out? :-) I am quiet on this board for months at a time, but when I see a moment to make some quick money with XIN, I speak, but you still don't listen. Sucks to be you :-)

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Earnings tomorrow.

    by jeffreybul23 May 9, 2016 10:52 AM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 May 9, 2016 11:31 AM Flag

    When I said they would go from $4.00 to $4.50, you said it was "wishful thinking".

    When I said they'd go from $4.50 to $5.00 within a week, you also disagreed with me.

    Then had I said we'd get to $5.50+, and again, I was correct.

    Even when I had said we'd have a correction back under $5.00 when at $5.50, you still disagreed,and yet again, they did what I had said, and corrected under $5.00..

    Told you to sell at $5.49, and buy back again when corrected to under $5.00.

    Now I'm saying we will test the $6.00 level, and you said it's BS. I'm 5 for 5, so we'll have to see if I can get 6 of 6. Either way, sell order in for $5.99, and will buy back when settles around the $5.50 level.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 Mar 29, 2016 6:18 PM Flag

    Hi Mike,

    I've owned XIN off and on for over 4 years now. I don't really have a "source", and/or anything to back up my hunch..

    Years ago, when XIN started to buyback shares, I got into an e-mail conversation with then CFO Tom Gurnee. He said something that has always stayed with. He said that "Management would like to see $10.00 a share again", which in the context of our conversation about the buybacks, I always thought it was odd that "$10.00" was the share price he referred too.

    They have been extending the the buybacks, while share price is low, and $10.00 is a reasonable price. I believe that they will continue to buy back shares as long as the share price is under $10.00.

    Can't refer you to a source, and/or claim to have insider knowledge, but based on what I had read, I've been pretty confident that buy backs won't end until $10.00+ a share.

    I currently have 16k+ shares that I have a sell order in for $5.50 a share, and will buy back again when they test the $5.00 level after that.

    -- Jeff

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • Reply to

    Week of April 8th...

    by jeffreybul23 Apr 3, 2016 5:48 PM
    jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 Apr 4, 2016 3:38 PM Flag

    I have a sell order in around $5.50, in hopes it retests the $5.00 level to buy back, but it could just keep going, and the rest of you will make some good money :-)

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • They'll get to $5.00 again within next 6 months.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 May 26, 2016 5:45 PM Flag

    Yes, very frustrating. There have been so many Chinese stocks that were frauds, and of course it hurts all Chinese stocks. If Ossen was a U.S. company, they'd be $15.00+ a share. As much as I'd love to see $15.00, don't think we'll see much higher then $2.00 a share, if we can get to that level for a long time.

    Hopefully if earnings are good for the first quarter, we can get over, and stay over $1.00 to regain compliance. Then hopefully $1.50 after they regain compliance. However, we'll have to wait until late June for Q1 results, so may be a rocky ride until then.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • At $5.00 more institutional investors will put XIN on their radar, as most do not buy stocks under $5.00.

    If XIN can close above $5.00, then expect a lot more buyers, pushing price to $5.50 very quickly. Last time they closed above $5.00, they shot up to $7.50 a share.

    The key question is "can they stay up" this time? The companies goal is to get the share price over the $10.00 level. They will not stop buying until share price is above $10.00 a share. After $10.00 share price, they will no longer extend the buy back programs.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

  • jeffreybul23 jeffreybul23 Apr 27, 2016 6:37 PM Flag

    I wish. We'll never see $100.00, but $6.00, by next earnings announcement.

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

CLCT
18.69-0.61(-3.16%)Jun 24 4:00 PMEDT