Can someone help me understand why more than 27% of the float is short. I truly don't understand why. C met both its primary and secondary endpoints and there are no safety issues to speak of so there is a high probability to FDA approval soon. There is some $147 million in the bank and less than $2 million debt. I suppose there could be some argument about the size of the market, but it is substantial in any case. And I guess there could be arguments EXAS is a one-trick, but it's a hell of a trick and research continues into other opportunities. The only think I can think of, and someone else help me here, is that the company issued convertible debt without protecting against shorting against the box. Most companies now protect themselves against that scheme so I doubt it, but the company might have issued them some years ago. I am too lazy to find out for myself since if I am correct it is of little consequence in the end game, but it would be nice to know. Or am I missing something?
Management's response did not refer to exponential revenue growth. It referred to exponential growth of the sales force as in: "we are looking at growing the number of sales people via our partners exponentially."
Full quote below:
"We are growing our network a lot by the number of partner’s et cetera. And I can’t tell you that, while we won’t disclose what we think percentages of increased revenue et cetera will be, we are looking at growing the number of sales people via our partners exponentially because we as a company has been disclosed in the past in the neighborhood of 100 employee, when you start going out and acquiring new partners and new alliances in each one of those companies, then they come additional sales capacity for you."
molybdenum prices holding steady at 9.75/lb this week. not enough to get a good financing deal, but prices do appear to have hit bottom. a slow rebound should develop if the macroeconomics are favorable
by the time small investors hear of a financing deal it will be too late to buy. the choice is simple - buy now and wait in the hope there is a financing deal at some time and a large gain, but lose out on opportunity costs while your money just sits there. Or, sell/don't buy and move on to other pastures. i sold half, am holding onto the remaining 14,000 shares.