I just added some more in the $3.30s. Was hoping to take advantage of the $2.90s, but couldn't do it in time. Have some more cash set aside in the event it heads back down that way in the next few days, which it may.
You must feel pretty dumb now. If anyone took your advice they are in a world of hurt right now. golf.paul, further solidifying his position as Yahoo troll clown extraordinaire.
Don't even respond to this fool. You should see him pumping on the ONCS board, it is a funny sight. Even funnier is watching him beg other posters to explain SEC filings and other simple things he can't understand. An amateur who has no idea what he is doing and thinks copying other bashers/pumpers makes him look cool.
Not at all. You said the company would wash out shareholders. That has not happened at all. This is just the typical volatility that I think most of us anticipated, at least until they announce data results. Even that may not take BCLI to the next leg up, but the reason for downtrend is totally different than what you have been saying the last few months. Keep patting yourself on the back though if it makes you feel good.
They could also PR MCC data on Tuesdsy right before the call. Or reverse the order (MCC data on Monday, new indication on Tues). I think they'd prefer to have all milestones achieved before discussing the achieved milestones.
Thanks for creating the Google group. There is also the biotech investor board (which I created) over at proboards where the ONCS conversation is ongoing. It's moderate to keep the trolls out. Never too many places to get information right?
How can they announce a reverse split without shareholder approval via a proxy? Has that ever happened?
I think it is a bit of a stretch to say that Merck decided to collaborate with ONCS. I am as happy about this collaboration as anyone, but I believe it is ONCS that decided to collaborate with Merck and not the other way around. Keytruda is approved an available to anyone or any company who wants to run their own trial using the drug. ADXS for example is doing their own trial using Keytruda as well. I imagine Merck could care less who decides to do these trials using Keytruda as it is no risk to them or Keytruda.
Notice how we haven't heard from Merck about this collaboration, and I don't imagine we will until ONCS has some positive data to report on Phase 2b. At that point is when I think this collaboration will start to get very meaningful and when Merck may start to tie themselves to ONCS.
LOL! That's like being in a starving country in Africa and saying "they only supplied us with food. Nothing more."
It is going to be highly entertaining to watch how a select few try to spin this news negatively today.
You also have to like this bit:
"This Phase II clinical trial will be conducted as a multicenter Investigator Sponsored Trial (IST), with UCSF and Dr. Alain Algazi as the sponsor. Merck will supply pembrolizumab, and OncoSec will provide electroporation devices and plasmid IL-12."
AKA: ONCS and Merck provide the goods, and UCSF funds the trial.
Great news. The biggest part of this news being of course, that while there is no upfront cash right now (as expected), ONCS now has the chance to prove that they can turn non-responders into responders. If they do, then Merck will be the JV partner and it will probably be worth a lot of money. It just may take some patience.
I guess we'll see soon how the market feels about those odds.
I don't disagree with the idea that this probably won't be some mega blockbuster deal and may not even include any upfront money. However, when teaming up with a partner who will provide PD-1, there are literally only a handful of companies that could do this.
Good post. I tend to be thinking along these same lines. I do feel that we'll see an increase in volume next week and perhaps an increase in pps heading into December (assuming none of the milestones are announced next week). I agree that the big market movers will be the new indication and Phase 2b announcements. Whether it will raise the pps and keep it sustained at a new floor up is another story. Obviously I think all of the upcoming news is worth much more than a $130M market cap, but the market is strange and it doesn't help that ONCS is trading on the OTC.
My gut tells me that the Phase 2b partnership will not include any upfront cash or milestones. However, after seeing GERN's recent partnership/collaboration deal (they are in Phase 2), I guess I won't rule anything out.
Anyone who didn't think there would be some volatility after the reverse spilt was kidding themselves. As I have said all along, it would be no surprise to see the pps head to $3 or even below in the time between doing the reverse split and releasing Phase 2a data. There are two major milestones in the next few months that could help bolster the pps a bit, 1. Data release 2. New IND filed. If the new indication is Parkinson's I think the market will view that very positively.
I am glad they did the r/s when they did because it would be too much to handle if they did a r/s and raise at the same time. Better to split those two events up. Dilution is coming, no doubt about that, but hopefully these two major milestones will help to soften the blow. I also believe there is a good chance BCLI can secure some non-dilutive funding via ice bucket challenge donations. That would certainly also bring some more attention to the company. Considering they have a potential legitimate treatment for several neurological diseases, at $48M it is a bargain in my opinion.
Why? If both Pfizer and Merck agree to it it could still happen:
"The exclusive nature of the deal means Pfizer and Merck cannot collaborate with any other drugmaker in the PD-LI or related PD-1 area, unless they jointly agree to do so."
It seems like people are really worried about this news. I don't really think it changes much in my opinion.