% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Affymax, Inc. (AFFY) Message Board

jheidt31 6 posts  |  Last Activity: Mar 8, 2015 8:55 PM Member since: Apr 14, 2009
SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Highest Rated Expand all messages
  • Reply to

    Why Earnings Has Not Been Announced.

    by jheidt31 Mar 7, 2015 1:44 PM
    jheidt31 jheidt31 Mar 8, 2015 8:55 PM Flag

    I really hope something good is announced tomorrow so I don't have to sell. If no word I really have to sell as much as I don't want to. The rest of you should at least wait a day or two after I sell cause good news will probably come right after I hit the sell button lol.

  • Cause there is not going to be one. If there is no word on Monday about refinancing, joint venture or buyout you can bet a BK is in the works. They are now about out of money. If there is good news they don't need to wait until they are down to their last 10 cents to announce it. I was in this same exact position with another company. Stock holders were waiting for earnings announcement date and hopefully good news but they finally declared BK before that. If there is no word Monday I have to sell my 24,000 shares cause unfortunately I am not in a position to lose all of that and just shrug it off. I wish everyone that stays in the best of luck but if you cant afford to lose it all in anv I would get out if no good news Monday. Something is better than nothing. Like I said I have been through this before and this is eerily similar to the exact same way it went down for me before so I do have experience in what is happening here.

  • jheidt31 jheidt31 Mar 3, 2015 2:53 PM Flag

    I am not so sure. The word might be slowly leaking out with the price action this week.

  • Reply to

    2 scenarios......period

    by kcand52 Mar 3, 2015 12:45 PM
    jheidt31 jheidt31 Mar 3, 2015 1:15 PM Flag

    Exactly. And we wont have to wait a year to find out. We will know by the end of the month.

  • Reply to

    Either way...

    by bjsedco702 Mar 2, 2015 1:27 PM
    jheidt31 jheidt31 Mar 2, 2015 1:40 PM Flag

    I hear ya. I had a similar experience with another company. When they finally did break the silence it was with a bk announcement. With anv right now it is eerily similar. Holding 24,000 shares and am so close to getting rid of them cause something is better then nothing. I would be more upset holding to bk then missing out on a buyout. My gut is telling me to get out cause a buyout or joint venture most likely would have happened by now if it was going to. Still undecided but good luck to us all still holding.

  • jheidt31 jheidt31 Mar 2, 2015 12:31 PM Flag

    Hey buddy. Still around. Just don't post much anymore cause it really doesn't matter. So you said you got back in after selling for loss to cut down on taxes. I am a bit surprised cause this is super risky now. Wondering what you think possibility of BK announcement for real. it makes me laugh when I read people post gold will be back to 1400-$1600 in a year. Do they not realize anv does not have a year? Anv is literally down to a month or two of cash. Some of my worries...Anv has been silent. No word on earnings coming up. I had a company in same position. The silence was finally broken with bk announcement. If bond holders are considering injecting more cash then a buyout or joint venture must not be happening. that was our best bet. The actions here are eerily similar to the company that declared bk on me. Really don't want that happening again. Are you concerned at all? I do value you opinion.

0.1103-0.0097(-8.08%)Apr 27 3:40 PMEDT