Maybe yes, maybe no. Rising PKO prices is more a green flag than red. It's good for SZYM. However, they have not risen that much and are actual below the year ago price, i.e. 1,112 vs 935 presently. Ycharts has the data should you be interested. The rise last fall and winter was attributed to concerns for an Malaysian, Indonesian drought which did not materialize.
Don't doubt you believed secondary was for expansion, but I pointed out to you and this board that the original shelf offering was solely for general corporate purposes. No mention of "for expansion purposes", this was only added in the eleventh hour to the announcement of the offering. I argued, had they been serious about using funds for expansion it would have been in the original offering; and this board, with its confirmation bias firmly in place dismissed strong evidence to the contrary.
Well, told you all then and will tell you again, I am not here to cure stupid, that is Mr. Market's department.
My reference to "7 plus" could not have been clearer. It was for the quarter not a month. I wrote: 'Thus the quidance for this quarter of what, 7 plus mg".
How you could possibly interpret that as a monthly figure is beyond me. Perhaps you could explain.
It was really grgs who got it wrong. Mr. Oh said in the cc that they had run the plant at 90% the context of a mechanic taking a car out for a test drive after repairs were made. Clearly there was additional work to do. Thus the quidance for this quarter of what, 7 plus mg and the suggestion that as they operated the plant it would be made "more robust" and that in 1Q market conditions would determine production. The capex has already been alocated and I took heart from their having only allocated $4.8m of the $15M budgeted. I it was unclear in the cc whether the 4.8 was to end of 3Q, or date of cc, but in either event it would suggest commissioning was going okay and there would be funds for improvements during 4Q and beyond.
And what if you have been provided the answer, and like a spoiled child, long 'n wrongs here refuse to accept it?
The market is doing the accepting now, though a day will come when an intermediate term bottom forms. Whether that bottom will hold for long is another another question, but there is a price low enough for a bear market rally. If this stock is on watch list, and not in a portfolio, waiting for that bottom is much more manageable.
Good luck guy. I have one with 300,000 worthless shares in a sep that I refuse to wipe off as it is a constant reminder what can happen when you get stuck on stupid telling Mr. Market you know better.
You might be too conservative. If BTC goes through company will be able to finance its expansion internally. I'd be delighted to double up the day after below 15. Why wait you ask? Have a bunch now and doubling before could make it very painful if a glitch developed.
Okay, I'll wait . . . but you be careful, at the rate SZYM is falling, it won't be too long before "nope" becomes "d____n it."
Eeeh. It wasn't so long ago that 10 looked cheap. Sounds like you agreed . . . and bought more.
Might go back and listen to the cc again. Especially for when Oh speaks of about margins this year were not normal because the industry was expecting the tax credit to pass and had factored it in, for example, reducing margins, split the potential credit with suppliers and customers. If the credit were not to pass, product would be held off the market (plants idled) until a suitable margin was available. In the current quarter sales are expected to be only 20% to 25% of last quarters. Clearly the brakes are being applied.
Some of the estimates on this message board as to the value of the tax credit, if passed, are way too high, they do not take into consideration the way REGI does business. Again, listen to the conference call and use it as your reference mark.
So "Jeffrey Osborn wins the award for most obscene expectations of any analyst. "
Well okay, then Osborn expectation that Moema's run rate of 20,000 tons next year must be obscene!
That was not my interpretation. I thought they were comparing for the immediate time frame Encapso and Algenist and for that period there would be no comparison between the two.
That said, it seems to me that Encapso may have its own substantial problems. The U.S. is THE place to be drilling and if you don't find interested parties in your product here, do you really have a product worth touting? Okay, I am a skeptic whenever Wolfson makes a claim. Too many times have found he's just hyping.
Maybe, maybe not. Peoria was commission 3 months after the JV agreement.
Bunge may have agreed to amendment. Bunge delayed approval of the Moema build for a couple of quarters providing time for an amendment to work its way through the Bunge decision change. Solazyme, without charge to Bunge, has repeatedly increased the range of products that could be produced at Moema to included higher margins, indicative of a quid pro quo for the higher costs.