trust me - TGTX is on the radar of several companies and this attention will only increase as additional data comes out in relation to 1101 and 1202. Many larger firms are holding back a bit until they see more mature phase II or even phase III data - in some cases, they'd rather have more certainty about the likelihood of clinical success, even if this means paying more for the biotech.
So strange - today biotechs are broadly up - in fact, in my panel of 50 biotechs that I follow all are up except 4 and TGTX is one of those 4 that are down and it is down the most in percentage terms. I'm still and staying long, but it makes you wonder.
huh? you can now buy it for less than 12.50 - so your complaint is what? you could have bought this for 11's on flash crash Monday (which is what i did). just be patient.
unfortunately, no support for the stock - i had earlier predicted it could go to 11-12 in a correction but i'm not surprised it's fallen that far since many other biotechs in the same speculative category have stabilized so it could continue to fall - maybe to single digits
i think that's a good point too. The higher micronized doses of 1202 hold promise, as they may give rise to higher efficacy than other PI3Ks in addition to maintaining the safety profile because the exposure window for patients is higher.
Yeah - the ATM draw down has been a pain in the #$%$ although I had thought that this process had largely already played out. Another possibility is some very focused, and rapid, reshifting of funds by some institutional holders out of TGTX into some other biotechs that have been thrashed in the past 2-3 weeks (such as the CAR-T stocks, BLUE, etc). The volume today was higher than usual - and I've not been able to find any indication of an issue related to the ongoing TGTX clinical trials. So, some focused reallocation could be going on. Open to other views - pls feel free to share them.
I'm a TGTX long - and have been since shortly after the IPO (when I bought 102,000 shares at average of 4.70 per share). This recent bought of weakness has me wondering - why? I have a panel of about 50 biotech stocks that I follow, and recently (today for example) TGTX has been the weakest. In terms of scientific merit, I think TGTX still holds to my thesis for buying it so the weakness is a mystery. Any thoughts? It's more than just the broader market, etc.
There has been some speculation - and that's what it is - that to achieve longer overall survival (OS), at least beyond what is currently achieved with ibrutinib, you'll need to add immunotherapy. Stated another way, adding 1101 or 1202 may lead to longer PFS but conceivably might not move the dial on OS. I tend to doubt this - my view is that you'll likely need a cocktail that includes agents beyond just immunotherapy agents, as various complex cocktails have achieved the best approach in the past for a variety of cancers. So, 1101 and 1202 seem in an optimal position since they are potent inhibitors for their respective pathways and, due to their safety profile, could likely be used in combination with a variety of oncology agents, including ibrutinib and immunotherapy agents (and that's basically what is going on in the ongoing clinical trials). Anyway, I'm holding. In the past, and this goes back to 2008-09, holding based on a solid scientific thesis has proven to be the best approach.
Could be right regarding immunotherapy but i have seen very little commentary on that point. But it's true that TGTX is selling off much more than other smaller biotechs so sentiment has definitely shifted against it. i'm still long but would like to hear the thoughts of others.
this is going down to 12-13 since there will be no news for months. also, there is a growing threat from immunotherapy which brings into question the relevance of 1202 and 1101. i am holding but i understand the rationale and think it will have a near term negative impact.
I think it's down on no news for a while - that is, nothing to report any time soon so some investors are shifting out of the stock. i'm a long, and I bought at 3.70, so it's a pain but I've seen it before. should have waited
and there is zero chance of you making money on your FCX long position which you've owned since the stock was twice what it is now. That is, unless you hold for several years.