The consensus is -.05 loss this quarter. However, if the $5,000,000 is received this quarter then the loss may very well be only -.01, right? $5,000,000 / 127,000,000 shares outstanding = .04. Does anyone know if this is correct?
I have a standing sell order at $50/share that I renew every couple of months... No joking. One never knows....
I expected things to be bad but not this bad. What the .... is going on? If only I had the bank roll that Diamond cutter has.....
Looking at the big picture its just a bad bio tech day...
ATRS 3.71 -0.18 -4.63% ATRS
ACRX 6.54 -0.39 -5.63% ACRX
MNKD 4.76 -0.34 -6.67% MNKD
KERX 14.07 +0.89 +6.76% KERX
AKS 5.16 +0.14 +2.89% AKS
IDRA 1.67 -0.15 -8.24% IDRA
HALO 11.46 -0.42 -3.54% HALO
ONCS 0.2698 -0.0029 -1.06% ONCS
DCTH 0.3208 -0.0082 -2.49% DCTH
APPY 1.81 -0.05 -2.69%
I do understand that and expect that. I do not think we will show a profit until the second half of next year at the earliest. What's your point?
My 2 cents FWIW - I do not expect any surprises on the revenue side of things and with the launch of Otrexup in January 2014 I expect higher expenditures leading to a higher loss per share. Again, I am talking about short term. Long term, the sky's the limit but for now I thing the loss with the downward momentum are going to lead to an ugly day. Repeat - I hope that I am wrong.
Don't get me wrong - I am a long term investor. I have my sights set on 2018. However, I think that things are going to get real ugly short term. Think this is ugly - wait till tomorrow. Sure hope I am wrong but anyone with short term aspirations better be ready for a major disappointment.
I doubt anyone is selling at these levels unless they had too..... i,e, those on margin are being taken out. Who would sell with two months till launch? No one unless they had no choice.
Assuming your theory is correct, from the looks of it, this short trader sure knows what he#$%$ is doing and is likely to succeed.
Never in 100 years would I have believed this gap would close post FDA approval. Just goes to show what I know....
Kudos my man! Toss some of that lucky charm my way. Besides luck I am sure there was a lot of work on the DD side of things to. Congrats.
Good question - I was wondering the same exact thing. What if an institutional investor decides, "hey - this is a great buy at these prices considering whats in store for 2014. Lets accumulate." What happens then? Short squeeze? I would be interested in hearing from those well versed in the market.
From the FDA's website con't
DELAYS IN GENERIC DRUG APPROVALS – 30-MONTH STAYS
Patent listings are important in the generic drug approval process because challenges to listed patents can lead to stays in approval. The FD&C Act requires that generic drug applicants include, in their ANDAs, a certification for each patent listed in the “Orange Book” for the innovator drug. Similar information is required for applicants filing 505(b)(2) applications under section 505(b)(2) of the FD&C Act. This certification must state one of the following:
(I) that the required patent information relating to such patent has not been filed;
(II) that such patent has expired;
(III) that the patent will expire on a particular date; or
(IV) that such patent is invalid or will not be infringed by the drug, for which approval is being sought.
A certification under paragraph I or II permits the ANDA to be approved immediately, if it is otherwise eligible. A certification under paragraph III indicates that the ANDA may be approved when the patent expires......
The submission of an ANDA for a drug product claimed in a patent is an infringing act if the generic product is intended to be marketed before expiration of the patent. Accordingly, the ANDA applicant who submits an application containing a paragraph IV certification may be sued for patent infringement. If the NDA holder or patent owner files a patent infringement suit against the ANDA applicant within 45 days of the receipt of notice, FDA may not give final approval to the ANDA for at least 30 months from the date of that notice.
This 30-month stay will delay approval of the generic drug product unless the court reaches a decision earlier in the patent infringement case or otherwise orders a longer or shorter period for the stay. A court may modify the length of a stay, under the FD&C Act, “if either party in the action failed to reasonably cooperate in expediting the action.” (21 U.S.C. 335(j)(5)(iii))