Now we know why our CEO always wear a pink shirt - it is his job to excite the ox so it work at the oxen rig that much faster. It is all team work. The bad news is that they just found out the OX is colour blind. The good news is that they just bought another ox with the 500 millions in hand.
On the other hand, if we understand how this crisis come about, may be we can predict whether there will be near term resolution or not.
Personally, I follow the money. That is to ask WHO benefits if this crisis should continue.
It would not be the EU for sure. Their economy can ill afford another blow from cutting off trade with Russia. Many German CEO have spoken out but Washington is not listening. In fact, Nuland's " #$%$ the EU" comment says it all. The US do not give a damn about EU's economy.
However, if this crisis continues, neither the US or Russia will benefit. Both countries will suffer. The US is pushing Russia more towards working with the Chinese. The US dollar reserve status is under threat that much more. Even a weakening of that status may be sufficient to cost pain in the US , like having to pay a higher interest rate on its HUGH debt. There is also the possibility that US companies will be shut out of the Arctic oil field forever. China could also stop helping to send US satellites with its rockets.
So who else is left that would benefit from the continuation of the crisis ? Who indeed ? A weakened Russia will not stand in the way of the disintegration of Syria and Iran. If this is the motive behind the hostility, then a near term resolution is out of the question.
Yeah but Oil Search does not have the money to buy. Super majors will outbid it anytime.
Look at the bright side. At least they did not say drilling has been suspended - even at the current depth.
The high pressure reported in Wahoo does suggest this area is rich in hydrocarbon. Elk/Antelope likely contains 10 TCF than 4-5 TCF. We shall see soon.
The author was referring to Hession's 1 in 10 comment in the conference call. I don't think Hession say anything in this article about 1 in 10.
Also, why did the author said " a thing appropriately called Wahoo " What does that mean? A big finding may be ?
I am holding 50000 shares and I would like to know the downside. What I would like to know is the opposite i.e. if they do find the management committed a foul play, where does that take us ? Will the company be liable for damage or just the CEO ? Will ambulance chasers sue the hell out of GALE ? Will the lawsuit drag on long enough for GALE to get the drug to market thus vindicating itself ? No one can say GALE is lying if what they said was true.
Logged into my IRA account at Fidelity. Searched IOC for news and get nothing of the sort mentioned here. Could it be that FIDO is someones fuxking dog instead of Fidelity ?
KLRgroup downgradedLPI to hold, target $29.
Brean Capital has a buy , target $36.
I would like to lock these two groups together in a room and not letting them out until they come to a consensus.
You know what it is like investing in IOC ? It was as if someone is holding a broom over your head and can lower it at any moment. Bad news never seems to end and disaster is just around the corner. The share price has been a victim of this mentality. What if TOTAL walked out on the deal and we go back to the drawing board yet again with much weaker position. That would have done a number on IOC . TOTAL also could have insisted on a bigger percentage, leaving peanuts for IOC. I was actually thinking about buying PUT protection but I didnt. However, a glance at the premium in the PUT tells you a lot of people did try to protect themselves.
Todays news dissipated all these fears.
The broom is gone, time to celebrate a little bit.
First drill result will be available in 90 days. If a buyout is offered it would be to IOCs advantage to stall for time for the drill result. May be the poision pill should be made much more bitter at this point.
If GST will not be with us for too long, it makes no sense to hold preferred B at the current price. It could get called (at $25) before one can recoup the $1 premium. Preferred A is a different story.
GNBT's finance does not bother me at this time. If the phase ll result ( which they said show benefit for the node negative patients ) is statistically significant, the company will be in a position to raise fund or sell out at a premium or sign up with a strong partner. May be GALE's partners ? I will let go of GALE if that happens. However there is no guarantee if either or both AE37 or E75 will be statistically significant in phase lll - so I keep some exposure to GALE.
Bashers or negative articles do not bother me. These garbage articles reside in the day-weeek-trader worlds.
I thought about that too. I wonder why GALE has not already make a move. GNBT 's result is actually very positive for GALE. In the end science is all that matters for both GALE and GNBT so I am actually very surprised GALE got hit like this today. Well, I will keep both.