Yahoo does post 49% short;
However, do the math, 4M short out of 13M float gives you 30% short - still high.
Either short squeeze or confirmation LOCO goes lower: take your pick.
I would guess the lows already been made at 18;
Won't go back to 41, but attempt to go over 30s, but won't be the floor.
LOCO acting like NDLS
According to Yahoo analysts estimates, GILD is expected to have eps of $1.21 vs last year $0.55.
Exceeding $1.21/share is a high wall to climb;
Market might or might not be in a sell mode, say, if eps came in at $1.15.
I'll buy more GILD shares as price goes lower instead of chase as it goes over 110
If you wait and eps worse than consensus, you luck out by not jumping in, and ABBV price goes lower. Same with GILD.
One other option is buy 1/2 your position now, 1/2 after eps comes out (either good or bad).
Options is another story - time expiration.
Your decision to play out
No rush to buy...just nibble as it goes lower.
Who can predict the bottom price?
BABA first traded 9/22/14, and today's price of about 89 is lower than the 2nd day trade of 9/23/14.
That's 4 months of a roundtrip with no profit - many were not lucky enough to get IPO price of 68.
Can you predict tomorrow if BABA bounce, or another down day (say max to 85)
Check the Yahoo price chart history; on the top of my head it is 68, but opened at 88.
As stated, expectations are very high, miss it, and in the doghouse for awhile.
Just like GOOGL in the past.
Maybe next eps will skyrocket BABA up 15% in another 3 months.
BABA is all about beating expectations - miss it, and sellers dump.
For the individual investors, time to nibble.
First guess is BABA stays above 90; if it doesn't, then next support is the IPO price.
BABA is in the internet retail business - competition is fierce.
Go ask AMZN.
Timing is everything, as the saying goes.
Brace your seats for the earnings report tomorrow - must blow away estimates and positive future earnings for higher stock price like AAPL.
If not, stock retreats 5% to 10%.
Then buy more shares to average down, hold and pray
Should market continue correction continue tomorrow, BABA will follow under 100.
No guarantees in life...only hedge your position.
See the above article dated 12/2/14 - NTLS serving western portion pops are lower than eastern.
That's what's behind the "dive" down per article from over 9 to where it is today, under 5.
The better question is if NTLS will bounce back to 9 anytime soon.
Does not look like it will; in the doghouse unless positive news surface.
Can NTLS go lower, say 2-3 range is the fear.
Calling the bottom fro BCPC is tricky.
Already down over 21% from peak 69.
It already did this once last year, bottomed out high 40s.
Average down with a stop at 45-48 range is one angle.
Seeking Alpha mentioned staying away from BCPC because of earnings.
You must be short TRLA...still a big comedown from over 65 if you shorted back then.
Z will still probably buy TRLA but slight delay to comply with FTC - from 2/1 to 2/15 or some date in-between.
Both companies still want merger to take place.
Only if Z stock crash will TRLA also follow suit.
Finally made it over 26 today...can it hold?
Let's see if LOCO can go over 30 before the eps report comes out in February.
A close competitor was Buckeye Tech got bought a couple years ago (you can google to verify).
If no turnaround with market price, the same could happen.
More like a takeunder at max price of 30.
XPO has bought many small private logistic companies, with the exception of Pacer.
I'll like to see a big purchase of another public traded company like ECHO or RRTS (not hostile) and perhaps its stock price will take a big leap higher.
Market correction pullback dictates BABA following the trend down;
However, when market bounced back strongly as last Friday 1/16/15, BABA has a feeble move up, less than a point.
If S&P500 closes up over 10 points, BABA should also close higher 2 ot 4 points headed to over 100.
If not, negative karma for the short term until earnings release (must exceed expectations and projected future sales not slowed)
Just my 2 cents.
Barron's has a January review of their TRIB pick - check it out
TRIB went lower because they had logistic issues with distribution.
However, in 2015, should see a return of at least to 25 and beyond.
Small cap TRIB needs patience.
Maybe at the next eps announcement 2/19 XPO will make an news release on their new BIG whale purchase.
Negative eps hasn't moved XPO stock lower; it is the growth that Wall St. wants.
Many have noticed with market pullback, XPO also gone lower, as beta is more than 1.
However, no panic, as it has done this in the past, but bounced back.
All that being said, most only expect a target price of 45 max; it got close to 41.xx before reversal.
45 was target price when XPO traded in teens.
Can XPO go higher than 45 or has it already peaked is what everybody wondering.
Pre-market futures for S&P500 indicate lower for a 6th consecutive day;
BABA and majority of stocks will follow lower;
will BABA stay above 94; the positive is no big gap down - YET!
YTD S&P500 down over 3%, glad to see the week end!
Any guru prediction when the market downside is done?
You provided only one angle; BABA could continue to head lower.
Earnings on 1/29/15 before the market open.
If eps does not exceed $0.75 per consensus, stock could go down 15% to 20%.
This is high expectations to "exceed" implies over $0.85 and over IMO.
Match and/or go lower than $0.75 is not good enough.
Analogy is Denver not getting and winning SB; they fire the coach despite winning record.
Besides, a market correction/pullback makes this extra worse as people panic and sell.
BABA could go under 90; the wise will dollar-cost average at lower prices,
red chips will usually rise, over time.