"We have to wait..." "Should we Hold..."
You sound like a short trying to convince us all to sell.
If you want to sell, then sell.
If you want to hold, then hold.
If you want to buy, then buy. If you want to short more, then short more.
I don't care whether you buy, sell, hold, or fold. Personally, I will hold on to mine.
American_patriot is correct, and the whole process is quite painless. The company sends out a k-1 which is the limited partnership version of the w-2. It will break down which portion of the distribution is taxable and list that amount in one of the boxes on the form. if it is greater than $1000.00, the broker holding your IRA has to fill out a Form 990 T.
Jack, I think a lot of that selling pressure came from the tax selling. We are still down from the first of the year and way down from November 2012. I expected a lot more selling pressure, but I guess most of it got sold off in June 2013 and November 2012.
I was planning to add more during the pullback, but expected more selling pressure. Although I should have added when it got down to $1.65, I waited, expecting it to go lower, but it did not. I finally pulled the trigger at $1.75 on Friday. So far that seems to have been a good entry point.
Maybe you're supposed to buy tomorrow, hold through the night, and sell the next morning. You get everything covered that way, lol.
What's your point? You trying to save me money? You needn't bother; we longs will be just fine.
Your hang up on semantics is causing you to miss the big picture of the argument. Back before we had the capability to create electronic money, it all had to be physically printed. Now that the Fed can create it via computer, economists (including the ones at the Fed) still refer to the process as "printing money." The results are the same.