Looks like Yahoo pulled it. Did you see it? I am sure this is probably true for everyone there as well but it is first initial, last name then at the company (lpath) and you know the rest. I tried to send you a cell but system says your e-mail is not active.
Left_e, if true, what is your reason for sitting on the fence here? If I had your apparent understanding of what is going on and the concerns you are voicing, as a stakeholder, I would either be on the phone daily or be on a flight to San Diego right now with the intention of sitting in Lack's office or on the chairman's front porch clamoring for a CA to get under the sheets so I could see the data myself. The opinions you and Bio are voicing here are not insignificant and in my opinion (again if true) worthy of more than venting on a Yahoo MB.
"Trial design was directed toward the Occult/Classic & PED discussion. Another facet in this discussion.
The biggest problem I see is that the trials appear to be designed for Pfizer's needs and not necessarily to optimize the chances of meeting endpoints. I think that has been eluded to here by several including yourself over the last several months. Not sure why this wasn't a topic of discussion years ago but nevertheless...
Based on the top-line results, I am hardly optimistic they are going to find a magic bullet buried in the numbers but with the little information we have I am also hesitant to call it a day either. Especially given the amounts recoverable from selling are almost zero. Right now there is simply no way to reconcile Phase I with Phase II without more information. I think the most frustrating thing for me here is endpoints aside, we know it works in both forms (ASONEP & iSONEP) and that the issue now (again) is going to be money to get there.
Knowing what we know, it appears to me Pfizer burned us on the trial design and management burned us by allowing them to dictate the poor (self serving) design. The only hail Mary left is Pfizer finds what they were looking for in the numbers and opts in or has a buyer but I think the odds of that are slim to none. Never say never I guess. Nothing has been what it seems from the beginning of this nightmare.
I'll hold until we get a more definitive answer on what happened but my guess is it will be more noise and finally time to move on. If there are no scraps to be had from the trials under their belt, there is really no benefit to holding here because anyone coming in with cash to move things forward again is going to want a huge stake in the company and over the years needed to bring anything to fruition, we are all going to be diluted into oblivion - yet again.
I personally have better things to do with the next five years than to go through this mess all over again.
Good knowing you. If you happen to check back for one last go I will throw one comment/thought at you - I agree with 95% of what you said here however unless you have immediate offsetting gains you need to take, there is really no benefit to taking the loss at these prices especially on incomplete information. As a trader/short term gain player, you may have those gains or hope for future offsetting gains but as a long-term investor, personal practice, I don't take a loss until I have a need and there is never a rush. This investment is now basically zero. Any future down drift is meaningless and there is no hurry to move one way or the other for me. So there is a vetting process that needs to be completed and once all information is known, a decision made one way or the other but the day of the announcement is the day to turn your computer off and do something else. I personally still need to hear what is on the black box. Take care and good luck.
I just heard back from the company. They (Pfizer included) still don't have all the data - only enough to confirm the top-line results which they shared. They expect to have all the data by around the end of the month and will have a call once they have an understanding of what happened. According to them they are still scratching their heads like everyone else. What is good to hear (for me anyway) is that Pfizer is still looking at the numbers. Based on the RIF announcement, I assumed they moved on. While things are definitely grim, it's over when it's over and it doesn't appear it's over yet.
No. It was for macumbemumbuange. He said, "the percentage was top secret and could not be released before". Before what?
My point is that all of this should be explained instead of speculated. I would also want to know if there was any efficacy at all in the "iSONEP only" arm like we saw in Phase I, who benefited and how much. I can't imagine why that information would be held. That was the crux of the study.
Gary said to me in an e-mail that since the DSMB did not tell them to stop the study, they must have seen some patients obtaining some benefit. He obviously threw a Safe Harbor saying that didn't necessarily mean there were enough patients benefiting to meet the study endpoints. That is however a very interesting point given the unadulterated "fail" we were given. They definitely owe us a call.
Bio, I would say the same to you I said to Left_e. You guys should get on the phone and contact Dario to see what you can find out. Now's the time to put that "lIngo" you possess to some use.
News is out. Shouldn't be any issue with getting some color on what just took place given the concerns being vented here.
Why don't you stop playing inside the fence and call Dario peer to peer and find out what is going on instead of posing your questions to an uninformed message board? Your turn there doc.
I'm signing off the board. You guys enjoy the "what if's" going into results. For me this deal was baked a while ago and absent a last minute blind siding dilutive event, there is nothing left_e to discuss. Pun intended.
Peace and goodwill to all. Here's hoping we're all wealthier individuals when the dust clears. I personally won't bat a tear exiting this investment one way or the other though. One of my less enjoyable holdings.
Those are code M - Exercise or conversion of derivative security exempted pursuant to Rule 16b-3. If you read the foot notes it tells you what happened:
1. Represents a restricted stock unit previously reported as 40,000 shares as adjusted to reflect a 1-for-7 reverse stock split that occurred on October 8, 2012.
2. The restricted stock unit represented a right to receive shares of Lpath, Inc. common stock, subject to vesting requirements, at no additional conversion or exercise price.
3. 25% of the Restricted Stock Units vested three months following the vesting commencement date of February 10, 2010 and the remaining shares vested in 3 equal quarterly installments thereafter. Vested shares were delivered to the reporting person on THE FIFTH ANNIVERSARY OF THE DATE OF GRANT or upon an earlier termination of the reporting person's service to Lpath, disability, death or sale of Lpath.
No one is buying anything.
If your directing this at me, don't waste your time. I have no desire to reengage you.
My last post on the subject.
Does it change your thoughts on the investment one way or the other? If not then it doesn't matter.