I was thinking about adding to my position before the earnings report, but decided against it. I am long on Panera, but not going to bite on the earnings pop gamble. If they beat estimates and the stock does not pop up more then a few percentage points, then I will buy in up to $145 and hold on for another few months.
Last quarter the company issued an earnings warning, I do not recall seeing such a warning this time.
Perhaps the upcoming report will not be as bad as some people may expect, especially those who are holding a short position.
thanks for not mention my error, "break even earnings, revenues down", is what I should have typed.
Good thing we diversify our investments. This and RM are my 2 losers and now I am more hopeful on RM for a more rapid turnaround.
I think I will skip buying at each down turn and just wait for $6 and then really load up then.
In fact it may be best just to move this stock off my watch list, it is just too dam depressing.
This stock price really bounces around, but it seems that a month before the earnings announcement it usually rises.
The timing may be right for an easy 10% short term gain here.
May just put a buy order in at 27.25 and see what happens..
If it's $8 by December, I am buying as much as possible,
Anyone that think $8 by December should load up on Puts at $11.00 for the 12/20/14 expiration.
or just sell short and hope for the best
I agree with you Thin.
In the greater Boston area Panera has a solid reputation for good food and good service. They are a little pricey and I trend to frequent Subway more then I visit Panera, but in this market where people pay extra for Starbucks lattes and scones, Panera does well.
You are so right. I will place a limit sell at $85 within a few weeks and look to buy back in at $75 in a month's time. Then watch it rise back up to $90 by mid October. At least this is my prediction.
no reason to take the tax loss until the end of the year, who knows, by then maybe a buyer may materialize.
I am right there with you and I have been buying another 100 shares every time the price drops by $1.00
My next purchase will be at $11.00 if that happens, but I am holding this for at least a year and I truly believe that this will come back. But if it does fall to $6 then I may hold for longer.
Management will fix this.
But we have had 5 days off sell off now. Maybe that is sell off associated with the entire market decline of last week, or maybe something was leaked.
This could be a nice buying opportunity. May put in a limit order at $35.50 and watch for a few weeks.
I have been buying anytime is get close to $13 and I know it will bounce back up over $16 at within a year. I am not an overly greedy investor. I will take a 20% return with a strong company
You are hard pressed to find another company as consistent as PETS
Earning are due out at the end of the month so I expect that the price will rise and then fall again. I will be doing some trading at that time, buying near 13 and selling over 16, whichever happens first I will be ready.
In the meantime, we get a $0.17 per share quarterly dividend. Not a bad deal here.
Price has not been this low since 2012, if someone held it that long, why dump it now right when it's due to rebound!
I will place a buy order at $12 for tomorrow, and at this price I will buy twice as much as I did when it was at $24.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Nope, this stock pales in comparison to some other real tankers.
SODA, TWER (but TWER does bounce back every so often), and my personal favorite AVD
$8 is a bit of a stretch. As long as earnings and revenues grow, staying in the p/e range of 20-25 is reasonable.
In mid Aug we should see the next 10-Q and the stock should be firmly at $4.00 again.
But then it may decline afterwards. Stock prices fluctuate, this is not a surprise, just look at the historic chart.
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but if fluctuations like this bother an investor, they should invest in utilities, preferred stock, or municipal bonds. There you have a more consistent and predicable return.
Regardless of whether anyone is manipulating this stock price, at some point all the games will be burned away and we will be left with true value.
(by the way, I bought more today and I am not worried at all)
Sentiment: Strong Buy
We are use to this movement, from mid $3 to over $4, and then back down to mid $3 ever few months.
I bought at 3.75 this last time and will place a limit order for tomorrow to see if I can #$%$ some more up below $3.5
LBMH seems to me to be a very stable and growing company and I not worried about this investment.
Heck, the whole market took a hit over the past 2 days. This down turn is not completely unexpected, we will see the bounce back in within a few weeks. If we needed the money so quickly we would not have invested in the stock market. Patience will be rewarded.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
And I am not selling out even if the stock pops back up to $35 after the earnings report.
(ok maybe at $35, but not a dime under!)