zings who cares what the longs are posting the question is this, if WIN tomorrow announced a 40% dividend cut it would yield 8%. Other than a temporary knee jerk reaction do you think the stock will continue to trade at an 8% yield once the dividend question is no longer a strong argument? I think it will move up back to $8 or $8.5 for a 7% yield. So the argument is like this 1) I'm holding because I don't think they will cut the dividend and at this rate in 7.5 years i'll have all my capital back 2) if they do cut I think its baked in. You can disagree but that is the long case
you're a #$%$ idiot
must be a bad luck day or something. Filled out my position today, long-time holder been waiting for an entry point
Ok, great back below my selling price. don't think there is a big rush. I got in late today would have picked some up at 1.68, put an order out for 1.67 but only 1/4 what I sold. I think it should go back to 1.50 since there was no reason for it to bump up in the first place, just like there is no real reason for this drop
why would thsi stock go up from here until they have some new news? It appears we will not get any (except a surprise buyout) for a long time. The company was very negative on the possibilty of euro happening anytime soon and they were negative on the size of that population as they do not have any countries pushing for vaccination of at risk like we have in the states. So what would drive this stock higher when we probably won't have firm answers for over a year?
actually my problem is I sold at 1.73 so I'd still have been happier to hold it, I would have hit it perfectly if I would have held until just before xmas.
why will it come back to this level, there is no reason to cut this divy more than 25% so worst case they cut it 40% or .60 dividend or an 8% yield at 7.50. No reason this stock needs to trade at more than a 3% discount to VZ and T (disount of divy yield)
so you believe in efficient markets, I own LINE as well and it slipped in the toilet until the concerning issue was cleared up and now it is on a steady uphill back to where it was and I picked up a bunch at a 9% dividend. This stock hasn't done so yet - clearly the market thinks they will cut the divy, mgt says no. the next 4 qtrs will prove who was right and the stock will either drop and then come back to this level after a divy drop is announced or will go back to about $10-11 when it becomes clear the divy is safe, then if the support that the divy is safe again in 14 it will go back to 12-13. in the meantime we cheerleaders collect a $1 a share a year
you expected a better response to a post that says the stock will crater for no apparent reason by 20% in 9 days? Well do we have a wager or not. Like I said lets make it the $7 target and post for a week the comment above. what do you say
well, I wish I would have held one more week and sold at $2, then I could buy back today and lowered my average price. So now do I wait for this thing to slide down or is it not getting below 1.90?
hmm. Tell you what how about we make a wager on your call of the stock dropping 1.65 in the next 9 days
If it doesn't you post every day for a month that you are a bonehead whom everyone should consider putting on ignore and if you're right I'll post every day for a month that clectec is a genious and should become a paid blogger because he is so smart. do we have a wager? Heck I'll even place that bet on the stock being abover or below $7 by the end of the month
this is exactly what IBM said they would do, focus on high margin work and not revenue at the cost of margin. They also told us they would deploy mounds of cash on buyback since they are a slow growing cash cow this seems to be a logical strategy. Greenberg states "investors are sending IBM a signal" no the children traders are sending a signal not investors, we are accumulating
look at "featured on Yahoo" section of IBM summary tab - first article is futures down on bad earnings - 4th article is futures up sharply on good earnings
Now I thought he was getting paid to get this drug approved and marketed, I didn't know he was being paid to go on boondoggle trips when he has nothing new to report
good points and I'll be just fine with your scenario (actually probably prefer it because then I don't have to think about selling)
since last earnings report and consumatio of the deal up 14%, just doesn't feel like it some days. I would assume this trend continues (assuming earnings reports support distribution) until we get back to a 7% yield which at the current distribution is $41 a share. It would be nice if they would announce how much the distribution is going to go up, prior to having to up the price of the deal it was supposed to be going to 3.08 I believe.