I bought in today at $16.21 and plan to hold for quite a while. I hope the Q2 earnings report is solid, and believe it will be. Time will tell.
I sold my position at $10.85 today. I'm out for now; we've had a nice bounce off the bottom and now appear ready to dip again. If we hit a few more days of panic selling I'll jump back in. If not, I'll stay out between now and November. GLTAL.
fav...this isn't a short squeeze, and there probably won't be a short squeeze. There are only 308,000 shares short right now, no more than usual, in fact there are less than usual. Today's buying was some longs coming in and maybe a few shorts but not many.
And shares could quite easily bounce back up to the $12.50 range after all the selling. It is anyone's guess and timing the bottom is guesswork. Take a guess, buy when you think it is near bottom, and enjoy the nice big dividend. GLTAL.
Stocks trade on a risk/reward basis, and the market speaks to the risks/rewards with its pocketbook. If the market believes that mid 10's is a fair valuation for the level of risk in November, then it will trade sideways from here; if it believes the risks are less, then the share price will rise; if it believes the risks increase, the share price will drop. Every single person who sells now is selling underwater; at these prices not a single person is turning a profit but is selling at a loss and some of those losses are huge. Once those sellers clear out of the way, the selling dries up. Many people will not sell at a loss on principle, and so they will hold their shares for the next 10 years. I plan to hold my shares for the next 5 years.
Long story short, only certain kinds of people will sell at a huge loss; others will not. If those who plan to sell have sold off their shares (and there is no reason to think they have no sold yet), then the selling will subside. In other words, there comes a time in the life of every stock where sellers become exhausted and people grow tired of selling. So they hold and buy. I think we might be at that level right now. Time will tell. GLTAL.
The selling is over right now. I bought some yesterday and I bought much more today right after the open. If the selling is over, we should sit right in the mid-10's for a while collecting dividends. Time will tell if it is over. Because of the huge spikes in volume on the sell side, I suspect any more selling pressure will not create as huge a downside as it did the past few days. This is not to say the risks are gone, nor to say anyone should buy or sell based on what I write, but only that the stock has most definitely leveled off for now and looks to be holding steady. As always, GLTAL, and let's hope the initiative fails. I bought here because I think the initiative will fail.
Our next leg up in the form of a spike up is coming soon. The next leg up should take us into the $3.60-$3.85 range, with $4.00/share to follow quickly after. Expect some resistance at the $3.62 range. GLTAL. Steady up she goes!
I'm not sure why people are not reading what the press release REALLY says, but the posters on this board are starting to sound like pumpers. Read the paragraph below, and note especially where it says, "Because PCEC's ongoing oil and gas operations regularly require permits in order to MAINTAIN existing production, the measure, if passed in November and not invalidated by the courts, would have material negative impacts on PCEC's...production. Approximately 70-80% of the distributions paid by the Trust over the past 3 months have come from Santa Barbara County production..." For those of you new here, today's press release is a WARNING: Invest here with caution, and only invest the amount of money you are willing to lose.
"As previously discussed in the Trust's Form 8-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") on June 9, 2014 and in the "Recent Developments" section of the Trust's Definitive Prospectus Supplement filed with the SEC on June 11, 2014 and elsewhere, an environmental group gathered signatures in order to place on the November 4, 2014 ballot in Santa Barbara County a measure (now called "Measure P") which would prohibit the County of Santa Barbara from issuing certain new permits for virtually all oil and gas production techniques currently in use in Santa Barbara County, including cyclic steaming. Because PCEC's ongoing oil and gas operations regularly require permits in order to maintain existing production, the measure, if passed in November and not invalidated by the courts, would have material negative impacts on PCEC's Santa Barbara production. Approximately 70-80% of the distributions paid by the Trust over the past 3 months have come from Santa Barbara County production and thus if Measure P were to be ultimately approved by the voters, survive legal challenge and be enforced, it would have a meaningful negative impact on the Trust."
The last time we had a green day in the downtrend the next day was another huge down day. Today we had a bit of green, so tomorrow will be telling. If tomorrow is another red day, then the downtrend is likely to continue; if tomorrow is green, we might have hit a bottom.
For those new here, please keep in mind the yield should be calculated using 12.5 cents/month rather than 14 cents, since the average yield over the past 6 months is about 12.5 cents.
It's nice to be in a growth stock where the CEO owns nearly half the outstanding shares. GRH has a bright future.
Some of us do :)
GRH will slowly and steadily creep up to about $5.00/share with a couple spikes up thrown in there. Now is the time to load up this stock as the Q2 earnings release will help us along. The company has taken major steps toward growth, and is finally starting to hit on all cylinders. I look for GRH to be around $5.00 within one month, and around the $10.00/share region sometime about the middle of next year as they continue to expand and grow. GLTAL. JMHO.
Monday, August 4. Relax here. Load up shares in the low 3's and then be patient. GRH is on track for huge growth right now and the acquisition of the use of the pipeline is a huge step toward that.
Yesterday was some nice consolidation, and so far today it looks to be more of the same. The next leg up should spike us into the high 2's/low 3's and leave us resting around the $2.60-$2.85 region. GLTAL.
NETE has acquired a rather shareholder friendly financing deal. The first round of $11.2million was converted into 15% of the outstanding shares on July 2 with the closing of the second round of financing. This means Cayman invest now owns 4.86 million shares of NETE at an average price of $2.31/share. Assuming Cayman wants to make some money on those shares, and I assume they do, the stock price should quite easily rise over $3.00/share in the very near future; I suspect we'll settle in at about $3.50 within 3-6 weeks.
Financiers are ponying up quite a bit of money for NETE, and at really good prices for shareholders. This bodes well for us and for the financial future of NETE. With $21million of financing already in place, and all of shareholder friendly, NETE is a great place to load up shares for the mid-term and enjoy some nice gains. GLTAL.
By the way, I know everyone here can do simple math, but though I would mention something: $1billion market cap would translate into a $29.40 share price. I know this is about 2 years off, but we have already begun the slow uptrend toward it! GLTAL. Great weeks and months ahead!
There is panic selling, and then there is valuation selling. I think this is valuation selling. There is a not a single near-term catalyst for ROYT, but only a negative catalyst at least until November, and maybe until March 2015. If you want to invest here between now and then, go for it. But why invest in a stock which will be trapped in a downtrend until November, and which might drop even farther if the vote doesn't go in favor of ROYT? You can call me stupid or whatever else, but the facts are in: ROYT is a speculative stock in a sector which detests speculation and thrives instead on stability. The situation spells, "Sell".
For those of you who are new to GreenHunter Resources, welcome. There is a solid, fair article on GreenHunter from Seeking Alpha written on July 14, 2014. Look it up and read it; it will give you the basics and instruct you as to what you should look for here. Long story short: GRH is poised to grow fast: $5.00/share near term.
Marjac Capital Management, LLC
Hedge fund manager
GreenHunter Resources Could Rise 150%
Jul. 14, 2014 5:00 AM ET | About: GreenHunter Resources, Inc. (GRH)
Announcement of pipeline and splitter project is transformative for GreenHunter Resources.
Pipeline to significantly reduce the cost of brine water disposal for producers by 50%.
No capital required from GreenHunter for the pipeline construction due to creative deal structure with private pipeline company.
2016, 2017 earnings could potentially value GreenHunter at nearly $1B.
Current price target $5.
I loaded up several thousand shares at $2.10 today. NETE is a growth stock with its financing in place and huge potential. The downside risk at today's prices is minimal; the upside is huge. The next leg up will take us above $3.00/share. GLTAL.
Take advantage of it while you can. The share price will not be this cheap 6 months from now. Q2 earnings report should provide a nice catalyst, and with a near-term price target of $5.00, we are poised to head up from here. Patience will pay in this stock.
Sentiment: Strong Buy