Because they can and uneducated investors will listen to them and sell.
When good news comes out in AH, it means a sell off the next day. Shorts do not like good news and will do anything to curb it. I mentioned earlier today that if the PM stayed green, we would drop shortly after the open. At 10:11 we are in deed down a little. The market trades very consistently and once you learn how it operates you can make some serious money. Too money people invest emotionally instead of with their brain. You need to detach yourself from your investments and figure out the strategy that works best for your risk tolerance. With very little upgrades following the bill passing, the analysts are not seeing this as that big of a deal right now or they are allowing their MM buddies to exit first so they can short it down and ride the upgrades up later this week or next. The market is out to screw everyone on the outside which is 100% of us here on this board. Until you understand that, you will be manipulated. Learn how to trade around the shorts because they drive the market, not us. I don't care how much you want something to happen, it happens when they say it will happen. That's where I get my thick skin from and my negative undertone. No one will watch out for your future better than you so learn how to do the best way! See you at $18 soon.
What a token upgrade. That just proves they do not know how to quantify this new bill and they are waiting to see how others treat it. A $2 upgrade is worthless. we need to be in low $30's for it to push the stock higher. If we close in the RED today, I just want to make people aware that most times you expect good news and a corresponding bump, the stock disappoints. If we don't get at least half of the current analysts providing better guidance this stock will crash back down to $14 level faster than it rose. The shorts will dominate all the way up to June 6th at this point. Look for a good sell point and wait for the drop, it will happen. Count on it. A 20% drop from $17.50 is you guessed it $14 even. Just wait and see. If we get to $18 by some chance on a spike, I'm out again.
CHTP never opened for trade until after hours. Expect the same here as well. They try and keep the nervousness out of the market plus it gives the MM a chance to get their friends in or out before the real volume starts the next day. If they get a favorable vote, place a market sell at the open. The stock will drop on the news anyway and you can buy back in for a 10% discount in a day or two.
Watch the PM for direction only the open is usually opposite of the PM direction until 10:30 or so.
WHOOPEE we are back to $17.15 just like that! As usual the news is good but the action disappoints. Before you call me negative AGAIN, you have to admit, most pumpers were looking for a little bit higher of a bump in AH than what we received? The stock had a nice day during regular hours but sold off at the end and in AH it only hit $17.75 when most people were looking for mid $18s or so. The shorts still have a hold on this stock and are fighting it until the end. Unless we get some serious upgrades north of $30, the PPS will most likely not appreciate much higher than $18 until June. It's up to the analysts now to come up with new projections based on this vote passing. I think any run up to $18 is worth a sell and reload at $16 which was recently hit on the 26th & 27th.
has been all about the senate vote today. What a flat line as far as charts go. Hopefully we'll see another spike like the 26th all the way up to $18.65 or so (10%) is my guess.
Which is where you were just 5 days ago. Bet the shorts will make money as they have made money all the way down and probably all the way back up. This is what sucks because people won't sell for fear that they lose out on the adcom pop but what they don't realize they lost the pop over the last week while the MM were crashing the stock to buy in lower. Good luck to those that still believe in Mankind!!
Launches are typically slow in most cases so he's not going out on a limb here. Look at VVUS, ARNA, CHTP and a host of others. It's just the way things happen with a new product.
With the vote being delayed until Monday afternoon, many fund managers that would typically sell and take end of quarter profits will now stay invested to get the bump from the extension. There may be a slight pull back after the news but upgrades should hopefully quench that idea as well. We also know that as we get close to PDUFA date, a bear raid attempt will happen, it's almost a given with the way the shorts have been clobbered. At some point, have cash on hand, set a buy limit about 20% below daily price and hope for a gift.
Yes it will. You will s__t the bed come Tuesday morning when you find out that KERX has made another 52-week high on a positive senate vote late Monday afternoon. New upgrades will start to hit and will be approaching $30-$32/share. That my friend to you would be a BIG negative. Be careful what you wish for.
I agree. $18.35 is my intra day high target. It may not happen until AH since the session doesn't resume until 2:00. Chance of a vote and news briefing by 4:00 is highly unlikely. This is our government we're talking about.
There won't be any, STOP looking. It's over and once again there is nothing newsworthy to report. Next news Monday night!
You just proved my point by starting with "What if". That's what most of them are a bunch of BS with nothing new to share. Take away the what if part and your entire post is speculation, not fact.
First off my support was $12 not $3, check my posts, second I sold at $16.62, not $16.25, also see my post and third, I am back in! The problem is you just can't stop answering my posts which is your problem NOT mine!. Place me on ignore, I really don't care, but you won't because you have this need inside to express your opinion when I post. Stop complaining about my posts if you are going to answer them. I really won't get offended if you stop. Get your facts straight regarding my posts anyway and maybe people will start to like you again.??